Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast

The Rodgers Situation

Just curious what other people think about Rodgers and the Packers feud since it seems to be boiling over. They've bent over to please him in certain situations (like the McCarthy firing), but also done little to help him with receiving options, and it seems like the feud is just escalating to a power struggle.

For me, it's not Rodgers team, but he literally holds the teams success in his hands. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if I was a GB fan. He's got some valid gripes, but it also seems a bit diva-ish to me.

Re: The Rodgers Situation

Pack made their statement last year when the drafted Love. Now they have to play the situation they created.

I have no fear that Rodgers will retire rather than play for the pack. Things were kept 'private' until the Pack didn't make a deal before the draft. Then the BOMBSHELL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Pack made their statement last year when the drafted Love. Now they have to play the situation they created.
    Dead on.

I'm now tempted to go back and revisit all the Favre drama from back in the day. Maybe the Packers just don't know how to cut the cord on HOF QBs? Seems like a lot of passive-aggressive tactics by both the team and the player for the second time now.

Blog Entries

he'll sign a 3 year extension with a no trade clause and all will be fine

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    That pretty much sums it up. Tee Higgins was still there at 26 and was projected to go in round 1 by some. He was taken 7 picks later and put up 900 yards for the lowly Bengals. I'm sure Rodgers could have used him.

Blog Entries

When Rodgers was drafted, Brett Favre (36) was the starting QB. The Pack drafted Jordan Love (22) last year when Rodgers was 36. I'm not sure, but if that's what he's worried about then it's hypocrisy in my book... Bc

GB should just trade him and get some compensation at least. They fcuked themselves with the love pick now it’s time to live with their decision especially since they loved him so much (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    That pretty much sums it up. Tee Higgins was still there at 26 and was projected to go in round 1 by some. He was taken 7 picks later and put up 900 yards for the lowly Bengals. I'm sure Rodgers could have used him.
    Even without the help, he won MVP and they went to the NFCCG and lost by 5. I don't think Tee Higgins was gonna be the thing that put them over the top. But I also understand Rogers' point of view as well as the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    When Rodgers was drafted, Brett Favre (36) was the starting QB. The Pack drafted Jordan Love (22) last year when Rodgers was 36. I'm not sure, but if that's what he's worried about then it's hypocrisy in my book... Bc
    I don't know if he's being a hypocrite...maybe he didn't like the fact that he was drafted by the Pack with Favre still entrenched. Maybe he figured after all the drama that caused that there was no way the Packers would do that...again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I don't know if he's being a hypocrite...maybe he didn't like the fact that he was drafted by the Pack with Favre still entrenched. Maybe he figured after all the drama that caused that there was no way the Packers would do that...again.
    Why not? When a football player gets up in years he has to know some day his team will draft his eventual replacement. After 16 years as a Packer, if that's his beef then it is unrealistic for him to think so.

Only Tom Brady can do it, but he made a deal with the Devil. No, not Bill Belichick who is his "right-hand-man" on Earth.. Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Why not? When a football player gets up in years he has to know some day his team will draft his eventual replacement. After 16 years as a Packer, if that's his beef then it is unrealistic for him to think so.

Only Tom Brady can do it, but he made a deal with the Devil. No, not Bill Belichick who is his "right-hand-man" on Earth.. Bc
    I don't know man...Brady won the SB and Rogers just won MVP. There may be something to just riding until the wheels fall off and then drafting the replacement. it's not like Jordan Love was a once in a generation kind of talent. Same with Jimmy G. Colts might have done it the best - cut Peyton coming off the injury the same year you have the position to draft another generational talent. And even though that looked right at the time, long run Peyton won another MVP and another SB(although on his last legs). Maybe it's a thing where if you've been lucky enough as a franchise to have had a HOF QB, the price you pay is that you don't get to start your rebuild while the guy is still playing at least not peacefully, lol.