Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Rodgers Situation

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Everybody deserves the RESPECT they think they are owed - no matter what the pay scale is.

You feature you got proper respect during your 44 year career. I feature I got it in my 51 year career. Rogers, for his reasons feels he isn't getting the proper level of respect. It is as simple and as complex as that.
    I think it’s as simple as he just wants to win the SB and feels the best moves weren’t made to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm sorry Mr. Rodgers, but I can't feel sorry for the likes of you... Bc
    I think there's a difference here between (1) wanting people to feel sorry for you and (2) harnessing fans' emotions for leverage. He could shatter both knees in a car wreck later today and retire tomorrow and I doubt he'd want any sort of sympathy from his fans. At the same time, he's pretty much the most beloved player ever for one of the most sentimental fanbases (which i don't mean as a criticism, GB is actually pretty cool that way, they have so much history and also they're the only franchise owned by their city). I don't think he actually wants pity, I think what he wants is the fanbase to rally behind him to give him leverage. And I don't really fault him for that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Everybody deserves the RESPECT they think they are owed - no matter what the pay scale is.

You feature you got proper respect during your 44 year career. I feature I got it in my 51 year career. Rogers, for his reasons feels he isn't getting the proper level of respect. It is as simple and as complex as that.
    Well said.
    And I agree w/ Donnmass also.

The personnel decision(s) to use premium draft capital to draft a replacement for a MVP caliber QB don’t convey respect nor a desire to pursue a SB w/ Rodgers.

Decisions have consequences and the Packers decisions and etiquette in making those decisions led them to this current Mexican standoff.

Other then spite, i don’t understand why the Packers FO wants to hang on to Rodgers when it seems clear he’s not going to play for them?
    Just trade him and get the most value they can and move on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I am old-school and proud of it. I feel fortunate to have had a 44 year career that paid off our mortgage, sent our daughter through college, and now provides us a comfortable retirement.
    That said, it puzzles me that a still relatively young man, who has already made over $100 million U.S. dollars, complains about anything (???) Oh poor baby, the team didn't provide you with X, Y, or Z. The Packers did give you the opportunity to not only play NFL football, that gave you the fame to appear in commercials and even host Jeopardy! Sure players of professional sports can get frustrated, but look at your over-all picture and see you've gained fortune and fame that most of us can only dream about. I'm sorry Mr. Rodgers, but I can't feel sorry for the likes of you... Bc
    No disrespect, Bc, but I highly doubt that you did anything in your 44 year career comparable to the level with which Aaron Rodgers plays qb in the NFL. And that your employer(s) basically hired your replacement while simultaneously denying you the tools you felt you needed to do your job effectively. So no, I don't feel sorry for him. But I can certainly empathize with him.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

I love that Aaron has power over a billion dollar company. So rare is it to see someone who can actually stand up to a giant corporation.

Blog Entries

I thank all of you who replied to my post, even though I know (and knew when I wrote it) that I was in the minority. BTW, Rodgers spells "respect" in this manner = "re$pect"
    However, I do respect you all ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I love that Aaron has power over a billion dollar company. So rare is it to see someone who can actually stand up to a giant corporation.
    he has the power to quit it, what other powers does he have? The team has all the leverage here and they own his rights for the next 3 years.

I still say he will be back in a GB uniform this season and it'll all be a big misunderstanding...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    he has the power to quit it, what other powers does he have? The team has all the leverage here and they own his rights for the next 3 years.

I still say he will be back in a GB uniform this season and it'll all be a big misunderstanding...
    I'm not inclined to say that the situation is going to end up as one big misunderstanding when Rodgers is holding out and letting the entire world know that he's got an issue with the FOs philosophy in Green Bay.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

he has the power to quit it, what other powers does he have?
    Rodgers has whatever amount of power you ascribe to his ability to help the Packers win games. Not having MVP caliber QB play will have an impact on the Packers W/L record.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Look at it like this, whatever comes to fruition, if he does not play, their odds of winning games goes down a lot. Their odds of winning a Super Bowl without him almost non-existent. The amount of revenue lost for not making the Playoffs has do be many millions of dollars. That is why their management is so short sighted. Bottom line is the GM could be costing them 100 million dollars the next 3 years and that is on top of NOT paying Aaron Rodgers with the money he pays back.

Blog Entries

latest saga in the Rodgers soap opera - Jones will rescue him

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-r...003716701.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I just read something interesting. Rodgers could opt out the season under the Covid exception and not be penalized a dime.