Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Falcons decline 5th year option on Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Because he makes our team better and you improve however you can. He may not have better options than coming back here. Plus, where did he demand a trade? He may have said he would like to be traded, but I don't remember him holding out and demanding to be traded.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Hurst wanted more playing time and a bigger role in the offense. When EDC couldn't guarantee that he welcomed the idea of a trade.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Yeah the machinations of that one will never make sense to me either - just glad it worked.
    The only way I can make sense of it is a wholly speculative fantasy. Ozzie says, Its my last rodeo and Im still the boss. I want my TE. EDC says, OK, you got him. Now its my turn. Let me have this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Hell with it, I'd take him back if he's willing. I doubt he is though, lol. Plus he'd be salty as hell after Andrews signs his extension. But he did fit quite nicely in this offense, he just didn't like how he fit.
    Right. I mean as a TE2 or TE3 he is well above league average. Certainly better than rolling the dice on Breeland or Oliver.

Short memories around here. Having Boyle Andrews and Hurst was freaking killer.

He wont come back here but i sure wish he would with a lets win attitude. Ravens are not going to pay that obviously anyway

5. Re: Falcons decline 5th year option on Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Because he makes our team better and you improve however you can. He may not have better options than coming back here. Plus, where did he demand a trade? He may have said he would like to be traded, but I don't remember him holding out and demanding to be traded.

Sometimes we have to just use common sense.

He complains about not getting enough targets here. Wants a trade.

Goes to a team that gives him a whopping 88 targets (only 39 previous year), then you think we should bring him back and give him even less targets than before and he will be happy with that?

Off season I know not much to talk about so we just saying any nonsense that comes to our mind

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Hurst getting cucked again. It just looks like he's not at this level.
    No, a tight end just appeared on draft day they couldnt pass up.

Hurst will still be playing for the Falcons in 2021. No?
    Last edited by Mark; 05-03-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Sometimes we have to just use common sense.

He complains about not getting enough targets here. Wants a trade.

Goes to a team that gives him a whopping 88 targets (only 39 previous year), then you think we should bring him back and give him even less targets than before and he will be happy with that?

Off season I know not much to talk about so we just saying any nonsense that comes to our mind
    No, I don't think he would be happy with that. I also don't think he would have a choice. He's not a veteran with a reputation and the juice to make demands. He's on the last year of his rookie contract. He will be going to his 3rd team in 4 years regardless.

He already knows our offense and is better than any tight end we have not named Andrews. If we think we could get to the Superbowl this year and could get him back for one year for a 6th rd pick I would do it. Falcons are losing him after this year anyway and are going nowhere.

Speaking of common sense, what is Hurst going to do if he's traded, sit out or intentionally not perform? He would be out of the NFL. He has zero leverage.

I dont think any of these things are going to happen, but it should at least be discussed because it makes us a better team.

He'd be an intriguing piece for the 49ers to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    No, a tight end just appeared on draft day they couldn’t pass up.
    Not only that but I'm sure Hurst would like to get his 2nd contract before the age of 29.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Nah I doubt they're giving him away that easy. Also, wouldn't fulfill the hilarity of it. If Hurst gets traded once a year for a lower and lower draft pick I'd die laughing.
    This would be really funny.

We picked Ben Mason, who will be joining Ricard as a FB/TE/H-back kinda guy. Then we have Boyle and Andrews. We still have Tomlinson. Then we have the other two UDFAs (Breeland and Wolf) from last year and the one we signed this year (Poljan.)

On top of that, we just added two new WRs, so if we did play 3 TEs only one out of Watkins, Bateman, Wallace, Hollywood, and Duvernay would be on the field.

People keep wanting WRs. We just added three of them, and now we want to also add a ninth TE who left because he wasn't a big enough part of the offense in the first place.
    Last edited by HotInHere; 05-03-2021 at 04:06 PM.
    "Not bad for a running back."