Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Falcons decline 5th year option on Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It would be shocking to me if they let Andrews walk. The team pays TEs, no reason to think they won't pay market value for Andrews.
    Yeah, I would be shocked if that happened. The only scenario I thought bringing Hurst back would make sense would be for one year before he hits free agency to give us a better shot at the Superbowl this year without giving up much.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It would be shocking to me if they let Andrews walk. The team pays TEs, no reason to think they won't pay market value for Andrews.
    Yes, it seems we have to. Aside from Hollywood, Andrews proved to be the only other receiver LJ was comfortable with. He is one of only two go-to guys and will only be 27 (next September) therefore should be entering his prime... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think Andrews's new contract is inevitable. I think a lot of this offseason plan of getting a lot of draft picks, holding off on big money FAs was about clearing the decks to re-sign both Lamar and Andrews.

It makes sense to me. He gets open, the QB trusts him and TEs are a lot cheaper than WRs.
    That wasnt a prediction or anything and I love Andrews and im sure theyre looking to extend him for those very reasons right now. I wouldnt find it shocking if he got more elsewhere because there is always a limit for us. I dont think he gets Franchised and i think he will be sought after. Its also a position we draft really well and I think they consider 80-20 rule with every player. so possible to me, even if it is unlikely.

I looked at cap space and were around 42m next year, but Lamar is going to take up a huge chunk of that, Andrews at 15m may take up the majority of the rest. we luckily dont have a ton of guys that will need to re-sign though, so that bodes well.

So considering all that, and keeping with the topic of Hurst, the only way I see him back here is if we lost Andrews and are paying him a fraction of what Andrews got. If Andrews is plan A, than I think Hurst potentially being available is a great option as plan B for us. I mean a good TE already familiar with your system and cheaper? I see that as ideal, so thank you Atlanta for the 2nd and making that a possibility.
    -JAB

It would be more shocking if they let mandrews walk and resign hurst instead

trolled some Falcons boards
    they love Pitts and think that with him Ryan / Jones can make another SB run

nobody even talking about Hurst.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    trolled some Falcons boards
    they love Pitts and think that with him Ryan / Jones can make another SB run

nobody even talking about Hurst.
    Gotta love the NFL, every year at least 16 team's fanbases think they could make a SB run. Which I think is good for the game, in the NBA there's probably 5 fanbases that think they even have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Gotta love the NFL, every year at least 16 team's fanbases think they could make a SB run. Which I think is good for the game, in the NBA there's probably 5 fanbases that think they even have a shot.
    not to drift topic, but, yes.
    next year WFT probly better chance at championship than Wizards.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

The Falcons GM called and asked if he could borrow my fork

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    not to drift topic, but, yes.
    next year WFT probly better chance at championship than Wizards.
    WFT just needs a QB and they will be in the convo.

Blog Entries

Hurst is a good player, but he will continue to be the player the Ravens picked before they picked Lamar Jackson, in the most head-scratching draft first round of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    With the Falcons drafting Kyle Pitts, Hurst won't be getting too much action.
    I could see the Falcons playing a lot of 2-TE, esp with Pitts' ability to split out wide. They may hold onto Thor this year. He's still cheap.