Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Today, 5/3, at 4 pm

AV would be a nice signing. Really good guy off the field as well.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    AV and Houston would be ideal on 1 year deals.
    Or a contract that easily allows the Ravens to cut them after one season.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Or a contract that easily allows the Ravens to cut them after one season.
    I'd be OK with a 2-year deal for AV, especially since there's not an heir apparent at RT. You'd definitely want the ability to exit it after year 1 without too much pain though.

I suspect 2-3 year deals that are easily extinguished after 1-2
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    As in they have a handshake agreement and they're just waiting till after 4pm for the comp pick stuff.

Didn't rule out signing both though.
    Big chance for another source redemption after Ballard basically shut the door on bringing Houston back.

(Lol I know you can only report what’s true at any given time, and I know situations change. I’m just giving you a hard time. Really appreciate you sharing what you hear.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I suspect 2-3 year deals that are easily extinguished after 1-2

7. Re: Today, 5/3, at 4 pm

Glad to hear about the handshake deal with AV. I think there'll be a drop-off from Zeus Deuce on the right side, but nothing that can't be solved with giving him help in the form of pullers, chips, or misdirects (and might we see the team become more "left-handed" with the running attack this year?). Anyway, I was far more concerned a team like the Colts would swoop in and throw nonsense money at Villanueva to fill a gaping need. Though...I guess they still could. =/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Glad to hear about the handshake deal with AV. I think there'll be a drop-off from Zeus Deuce on the right side, but nothing that can't be solved with giving him help in the form of pullers, chips, or misdirects (and might we see the team become more "left-handed" with the running attack this year?). Anyway, I was far more concerned a team like the Colts would swoop in and throw nonsense money at Villanueva to fill a gaping need. Though...I guess they still could. =/
    The Colts are more interested in Eric Fisher from what I saw on twitter.

As in they have a handshake agreement and they're just waiting till after 4pm for the comp pick stuff.

Didn't rule out signing both though.
    Having both would be excellent. Don’t trust Phillips at all right now and we need insurance for Stanley.

Villanueva is not a perfect fit in terms of not being a good run blocker, but if we really want to evolve our passing game, having a good pass blocking RT can go a long way. If we go with Cleveland at LG, that could be a big boost to the run game but expose our pass protection, so we can live with Villanueva at RT as being the only subpar run blocker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Makes sense if it's Villanueva because he is also Stanley injury insurance at LT
    Good point, Mark! If he doesn't sign with us, then Kelly (more of a "pure" RT and cheaper) would be OK as a fall back. If Villanueva signs it should be a multi-year deal since we didn't address OT in the draft.
    I'd sure like to sign Houston too. He would fit in nicely until Oweh is ready to take his place as a starter... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Big chance for another source redemption after Ballard basically shut the door on bringing Houston back.

(Lol I know you can only report what’s true at any given time, and I know situations change. I’m just giving you a hard time. Really appreciate you sharing what you hear.)
    Haha I Just report what I hear. I find it super interesting. Been A LOT of BS lately though. A lot of those Julio reports were run with. The Ravens literally just called and that's about it. But teams call on so many players and you just never hear about it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Haha I Just report what I hear. I find it super interesting. Been A LOT of BS lately though. A lot of those Julio reports were run with. The Ravens literally just called and that's about it. But teams call on so many players and you just never hear about it.
    Any chance of a trade for Zach Ertz ?