Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Today, 5/3, at 4 pm

That's when the Ravens can officially sign a free agent without it impacting the likely two, fourth-round comp picks they will get next year for losing Ngakoue and Judon (in addition the the third round comp for David Culley and the fourth round pick they acquired in the trade with Arizona. In other words, they should have two thirds and four fourths next year).

So, we'll see how serious they are about Justin Houston, Villanueva or Kelly...or someone else. I would expect one Edge and one RT to be signed.

They could also wait for a 'overpriced' player at the end of his deal who may be cut loose by their current team because they found a cheaper replacement in the draft. Anyone hearing any RT or Edge names who might fit this description? Tight end might also make sense. The Ravens would not be shy about signing a player at any position because he was too good to pass up.

I wonder how they feel about Huntley and McSorely as back ups?
    "That's what."
    — She

Re: Today, 5/3, at 4 pm

Thanks, I was wondering what time today it became official to sign free agents without worrying about comp pick compensation. Here's hoping that Houston and Villanueva (or Kelly) have handshake agreements that will become official this evening.

Been told it's AV not Kelly.

But Houston I couldn't get any info on.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Makes sense if it's Villanueva because he is also Stanley injury insurance at LT

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Makes sense if it's Villanueva because he is also Stanley injury insurance at LT
    Kelly did spot start a few times at LT, but he's never consistently played there.

It's not likely to happen because he needs a lot of work, but if Phillips could somehow snatch the RT spot, it's a much better fit skill-set wise. AV provides swing depth and Phillips can grind on our gap concepts.

But, I don't see it happening.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

As in he’s their preference between the two or as in its a done deal

Since The Ravens doubled dipped in drafting edge rushers it probably may be reasonable for them to wait it off in signing a veteran edge rusher. Obviously signing a veteran tackle would make sense but I would even probably like for the team to add more depth at the defensive tackle position behind Brandon Williams and Justin Eilis.

PFF has been pounding the table for AV they love him and think he can help basically any team.

Gotta be AV with us not drafting a tackle

AV and Houston would be ideal on 1 year deals.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    As in he’s their preference between the two or as in its a done deal
    As in they have a handshake agreement and they're just waiting till after 4pm for the comp pick stuff.

Didn't rule out signing both though.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    PFF has been pounding the table for AV they love him and think he can help basically any team.
    He's been very good in pass pro his entire career. Even last year when he "struggled".

His run blocking is the concern.
    - Ray Lewis