View Poll Results: The UDFA most likely to make the 53 man is...

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • G Sam Cooper, Merrimack

0 0%
  • OT Adrian Ealy, Oklahoma

5 12.20%
  • LB Blake Gallagher, Northwestern

0 0%
  • DT Xavier Kelly, Arkansas

2 4.88%
  • RB Nate McCrary, Saginaw St

1 2.44%
  • TE Tony Poljan, Virginia

5 12.20%
  • OT Foster Sarrell, Stanford

2 4.88%
  • WR Donte Sylencieux, Graceland

0 0%
  • S Ar'Darius Washington, TCU

26 63.41%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The UDFA most likely to make the 53 man is...

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I hope they use them as trade assets, no need to make a million 4th round picks next year.

That's how you end up with more Kenneth Dixon, Jaleel Scott, Willie Henry types that don't stick. Cash in some of your chips for something better.
    I do, too. Could 2022 be one of those rare years where we trade up in the first round?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Playing his way onto the roster means finding a role on special teams.Period.
    Which I think he's capable of

I don't think the long term answer at nickel is Tavon with his injury history/risk. It's Wade or Ar'Darius.

Ealy looks less likely with the signing of AV.

Polijan has a good shot depending on Boyle's recovery; at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Ealy looks less likely with the signing of AV.

Polijan has a good shot depending on Boyle's recovery; at least IMO.
    Barring any additional signings, TE2/3 has the potential to be the most interesting camp battle. Oliver, Breeland, Wolf, Tomlinson, and now Polijan.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I would say nobody bats an eye if Ar'Darius or Poljan got drafted in round 6-7... kind of feels like we got a few late bonus picks

6. Re: The UDFA most likely to make the 53 man is...

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I hope they use them as trade assets, no need to make a million 4th round picks next year.

That's how you end up with more Kenneth Dixon, Jaleel Scott, Willie Henry types that don't stick. Cash in some of your chips for something better.

Next year could be a great year to have all those 4ths and extra 3rds. This draft was so small prospect wise, so many players who would have come out stayed due to the pandemic and losing playing time this past season. Next year could see 3rd rounders netting what is normally 2nd round talent and 4th rounders netting what would normally be 3rd round talent. It could be a great year to have extra picks.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Next year could be a great year to have all those 4ths and extra 3rds. This draft was so small prospect wise, so many players who would have come out stayed due to the pandemic and losing playing time this past season. Next year could see 3rd rounders netting what is normally 2nd round talent and 4th rounders netting what would normally be 3rd round talent. It could be a great year to have extra picks.
    Fair point. But if they can acquire another Peters or Yannick level player at the deadline I'm all for using the extra ammo, will be interesting to see who hits the block this season. Yannick didn't work out so hot but Peters turned into a long-ish term piece out of a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Barring any additional signings, TE2/3 has the potential to be the most interesting camp battle. Oliver, Breeland, Wolf, Tomlinson, and now Polijan.
    You are overlooking Ben Mason. While thought of as a fullback, he played a variety of positions at Michigan, including H-Back and Tight End. I think he has the inside track to claim that #3 TE spot, and his versatility gives him a leg up on the guys you've mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    You are overlooking Ben Mason. While thought of as a fullback, he played a variety of positions at Michigan, including H-Back and Tight End. I think he has the inside track to claim that #3 TE spot, and his versatility gives him a leg up on the guys you've mentioned.
    I think Mason and Ricard together heading into the defense might f#$k some people up.

Earlier I wrote that I was going with the obvious choice, along with everyone else: Washington.

I also mentioned that when UDFA's make the team it's often based on special teams value initially, and it's often an ILB type.

After Washington, the guy I had in mind is Blake Gallagher. I remember how much he stood out the couple times I watched Northwestern play in B1G games. I noticed he had pretty steady production for three years there, which is good indicator of future success.

It appears however, that he never signed as a UDFA but was one of the players in town to tryout for the last spot on the 90 man roster.

And now I see that Zrebiec called him out for his tryout performance. He's only 230 lbs but I would not count him out as a guy they look at on teams.
    "That's what."
    — She

I got confused with all the shuffling.

did a UDFA make the roster???

I think S'ardarius made it?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I got confused with all the shuffling.

did a UDFA make the roster???

I think S'ardarius made it?
    Ar’Darius Washington made it and so did Ty'Son Williams who was a UDFA last year. It seems like random apostrophes are a competitive advantage for getting on the 53.