View Poll Results: The UDFA most likely to make the 53 man is...

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • G Sam Cooper, Merrimack

0 0%
  • OT Adrian Ealy, Oklahoma

5 12.20%
  • LB Blake Gallagher, Northwestern

0 0%
  • DT Xavier Kelly, Arkansas

2 4.88%
  • RB Nate McCrary, Saginaw St

1 2.44%
  • TE Tony Poljan, Virginia

5 12.20%
  • OT Foster Sarrell, Stanford

2 4.88%
  • WR Donte Sylencieux, Graceland

0 0%
  • S Ar'Darius Washington, TCU

26 63.41%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The UDFA most likely to make the 53 man is...

Time to start a new streak!

Multiple sources have the same list of nine and that may bring the camp total to the max 90. Certainly once the team signs a vet or two.

Re: The UDFA most likely to make the 53 man is...

I'm gonna go Ar'Darius, I liked him a lot and I think size is the only reason he wasn't drafted

I believe in talent over size, if Tyrann Mathieu is an All-Pro as a 5'9 175 lber then there's no reason a scrappy dude like Ar'Darius can't latch on as a nickel for us.

If you look at all the top nickel guys in the NFL they're almost all UDFA's that got passed over for being too small, it's crazy that these types of players keep getting undervalued

Honestly think it’s no one. I would say Ar’darius but that’s a really crowded secondary. I think he’s destined for IR unless he has a monster camp and forces their hand. If I had to pick someone I’d guess

Sarell
    Ealy
    Poljan
    Washington

In that order. But I think the first three end up on the PS and Washington either gets IRd or plucked off the PS by a different team.

I would have to wait until preseason games start. Can't go off names and what they done in college

I can't really evaluate the players, but there is certainly some room for depth at swing tackle, tight end and DT. Traditionally, it's someone who kills it on special teams.

So on that basis I'll go with Ar'Darius Washington, Who was Trevon Moehrig's backfield mate at TCU. On tape he looks like a great player, can cover and hit/tackle, but he's tiny and hard to project a position for him. But I can see him contributing as a gunner and reserve slot corner.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

I think 3 have a good shot:
    Tony Poljan
    Adrian Ealy
    Ar'Darius Washington

I think the DT has a good chance because of his position but I don't know anything about him as prospect
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

I'm with the Tony Poljan crowd. I even mocked him to us in the PICK SIX thread.

Tony Poljan [6' 7" - 251 lbs. - TE - CMU (3) + Virginia (4th)] in his last two college seasons : 71 catches for 907 yards (12.8 YPC) with 10 TDs... Bc

Ar’Darius Washington will make the team.

Yeah yeah he’s small he’s undrafted etc etc, but the kid has the heart of a lion. He’s going to be all over the place making plays and he’s going to force his way onto the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post

Yeah yeah he’s small he’s undrafted etc etc, but the kid has the heart of a lion. He’s going to be all over the place making plays and he’s going to force his way onto the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On talent, I’d certainly think he would be on the inside track, but who do you think doesn’t make it as a result? Humphrey, Peters, Smith, Averett, Young, Clark, Elliott, Levine, Stephens, and Wade are all seemingly locks, or at worst, *well* ahead of Washington. I’d guess there’s probably only room for one (at most) of Richards/Stone/Marshall/Washington and Richards has a big leg up with his ST play.

Of course, injuries happen, and you can’t count on any of Tavon, Elliott, or Jimmy in particular to make it to the start of the season healthy. But I honestly think that’s his only path to the roster, and even then it’s an uphill battle. Not knocking him at all, the kid can play and I think if we don’t try to stash him on IR he’ll be on an NFL roster this year. I’m just not sure that’s here, given the depth we have.

Blog Entries

I don't really think it's a lock Levine makes the roster. If Washington shows enough to make cutting him undesirable I could definitely see them opting to keep him over Levine (same goes for a guy like Stone).
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post

QDR, while he does have an impressive resumé, he is very short (5' 8"), and we just drafted two D-backs. You certainly could be right, but I picked Tony Poljan [6' 7" - 251 lbs. - TE - CMU (3) + Virginia (4th)] because he seems to be what we need as a 3rd TE and we didn't draft one.

JMO... Bc

12. Re: The UDFA most likely to make the 53 man is...

I think he could take Levines spot.