Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Ben Mason!

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    I don't know anything about talent evaluation, but from his highlight tape he looks damn near unstoppable in goal line situations, quick for his size and super physical, a guy no one wants to tackle. This guy might be an immediate fan favorite
    But he's a "Harbaugh guy" like that's a bad thing.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    He’s so good on O, at that point why not just draft the highest available DT LOL
    I really like him, I know he's caught some balls and ran over some guys but Ricard to me isn't much outside of blocking as an offensive player. Tremendous value in his blocking with the offense we've been running but if they plan to become more diverse then he doesn't really fit.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Hell makes us the first 4000 rushing yards team in the league

Blog Entries

Pat Ricard clone

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Let's see what Lamar does for the next few years..... Before we decide on extending him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    lol

Blog Entries

Ben Mason grew up in my area. I saw him play football against my kids high school. The guy was a monster back then and that was as a linebacker. He was also known as once the best academic prospects in the state. Mason was the subject of a lot local news because after Sandy Hook they were always looking for positive Newtown school stories. I'm really rooting for this guy. Glad he's a Raven!

He’s redundant with Ricard. However, makes sense for a few reasons:
    -Ricard’s role is very important in our offense - if Ricard gets hurt, we lost a big chunk of our playbook. It’s more than just a generic FB where you could just plug in anybody off the street. Now Mason could step in if Ricard goes down
    -Definitely will be a special team player, so not wasting a roster spot for a backup to Ricard
    -Pat Ricard is not under contract after this year

Not great value for a drafted player, but if they really like the player they weren’t going to get him as a UDFA. Even if he went undrafted he’d go somewhere where there wasn’t an entrenched fullback

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I really like him, I know he's caught some balls and ran over some guys but Ricard to me isn't much outside of blocking as an offensive player. Tremendous value in his blocking with the offense we've been running but if they plan to become more diverse then he doesn't really fit.
    Agreed 100%. This guy is a lot more versatile due to his speed. I like the Juszcyk comparison

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Ben Mason grew up in my area. I saw him play football against my kids high school. The guy was a monster back then and that was as a linebacker. He was also known as once the best academic prospects in the state. Mason was the subject of a lot local news because after Sandy Hook they were always looking for positive Newtown school stories. I'm really rooting for this guy. Glad he's a Raven!
    Thanks for the background, very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    john snuck back into the draft room lol
    Oh this one was a Harbaugh pick. I’ll write that down, I’m losing track this is so confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I honestly can’t tell if this is sarcasm lol. On the off chance you’re being serious, I agree that Boyle was good but I think there’s a decent chance that injury was a career ender tbh. It was a really, really serious injury, and it’s not necessarily that I don’t think he’ll be able to come back so much as I think he was already right on the edge of not being athletic enough for the NFL. If he lost even half a step he’s gonna be hard pressed to find a role in this league.
    It wasn’t sarcasm, I really love Nick Boyle. I forgot about the injury though, that’s a good point.

12. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Ben Mason!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like this pick.

Ricard is the starter, but Mason is nice depth and more of a pure FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    9 Rushing TDs at Michigan.

I really like the idea of Ricard running the ball. The results of that haven't been great. But Ben Mason has 9 rushing TDs in college, so, he's a completely viable additional run threat. The more run threats on the field at the same time, the better.

Last year there was a deficiency of blocking, leaving aside the oline issues, with the loss of Nick Boyle.

When a player is injured, it is not a good solution to just not have the blocking.

The Ravens got 2 WRs when they really needed 0 WRs. And that's cool. But the Ravens faced a blocking shortage, good to put players on the roster so that there is no blocking shortage.