Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Ben Mason!

But Boyle is so good though

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    This is a pick that signals the end of Boyle's time here, imo. Boyle is great, but with Lamar's extension upcoming, his cap charge is a luxury we soon won't be able to afford. 2021 might be his final season with us.
    Yeah I think this is it. Definitely feels like an 80/20 for both Boyle and Ricard (who is a FA after this year I believe). Would’ve preferred Forsythe but they clearly weren’t fans of him. Just have to trust that they have a plan at OT, and focus on who we got instead of who we didn’t get.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    FB/TE/Defense - ricard clone
    If Mason proves be an option at H-Back/FB, Ricard van go back to DL where he was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    But Boyle is so good though
    I honestly can’t tell if this is sarcasm lol. On the off chance you’re being serious, I agree that Boyle was good but I think there’s a decent chance that injury was a career ender tbh. It was a really, really serious injury, and it’s not necessarily that I don’t think he’ll be able to come back so much as I think he was already right on the edge of not being athletic enough for the NFL. If he lost even half a step he’s gonna be hard pressed to find a role in this league.

He's obviously coming in to play tighend and could play that H back role that Hayden Hurst played for The Raven at times.It could lead to The Ravens asking Patrick Richard to play both position again this coming season which could save up a roster spot as well. I like his 3 cone drill time which is good indicator of his ability to separate when ever he runs routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If Mason proves be an option at H-Back/FB, Ricard van go back to DL where he was very good.
    Is that the case?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yeah I think this is it. Definitely feels like an 80/20 for both Boyle and Ricard (who is a FA after this year I believe). Would’ve preferred Forsythe but they clearly weren’t fans of him. Just have to trust that they have a plan at OT, and focus on who we got instead of who we didn’t get.
    Good point NJ. EDC clearly looks to the future while making the team better ASAP. I see a plan behind each pick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    What does this say about Ricard. He is a Ricard clone even played DT

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Yes he has actually played well at DT before. Go and watch the Bengals game from 2019 he was very effective.

FB/H back guys are usually undrafted. For the Ravens to draft Mason at 184, they clearly did not want to risk him getting drafted in the 7th or signed as a FA by someone else. They may see him as the equivalent of a less flashy Tommy Tremble and our new Juice.

I love this pick. This guy is better than Ricard on offense. Mason ran a 6.89 3-cone. He does everything well. I think he would be an excellent FB. Dunno how he would be at TE. What a great guy to protect Lamar with, and to run behind !
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I don't know anything about talent evaluation, but from his highlight tape he looks damn near unstoppable in goal line situations, quick for his size and super physical, a guy no one wants to tackle. This guy might be an immediate fan favorite

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    I don't know anything about talent evaluation, but from his highlight tape he looks damn near unstoppable in goal line situations, quick for his size and super physical, a guy no one wants to tackle. This guy might be an immediate fan favorite
    Only thing I could think of is goal line situations where you need a hammer and this guy fits the bill.

Maybe go super jumbo package and him and Ricard in the back field together.

Honestly I have no clue. Pick seems retarded.