Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Daelin Hayes!

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Notre Dame owes us one for drafting boykins. All can be forgiven if Hayes becomes a solid player
    Mentioning his name has me pumping the brakes on my Hayes excitement. Cause Boykin was getting even more hype that first camp.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Mentioning his name has me pumping the brakes on my Hayes excitement. Cause Boykin was getting even more hype that first camp.
    That's true. But lots of Ravens WRs in general were hyped when practicing in shorts, before eventually failing to meet lofting expectations when live bullets started flying. Randy Hymes anyone? Clarance Moore? Chris Moore? Tim White? I could go on.

Whereas, we just showed that the team has a solid history of developing linebacker types. We didn't even mention the UDFAs.

I'd be more inclined to pump brakes if there was early hype about Wallace being a total steal.
    "That's what."
    — She

The hype for Moore and Hymes was that they might be viable NFL WRs. The hype with Boykin was that he was a poor man’s Calvin Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    The hype for Moore and Hymes was that they might be viable NFL WRs. The hype with Boykin was that he was a poor man’s Calvin Johnson
    Sign of the times NJ. Every statement has to be hyperbolic or a hot take in order to get anyone to pay attention and respond. If Twitter existed in the Randy Hymes/Clarence Moore days, the hype would have been bigger.

Here's the only Moore highlights I could find:

Couldn't find any specifically for Hymes - but check out this throwback of the biggest blowout in
    MNF history (Sorry GJennings85)

6. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Daelin Hayes!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    That's true. But lots of Ravens WRs in general were hyped when practicing in shorts, before eventually failing to meet lofting expectations when live bullets started flying. Randy Hymes anyone? Clarance Moore? Chris Moore? Tim White? I could go on.

Whereas, we just showed that the team has a solid history of developing linebacker types. We didn't even mention the UDFAs.

I'd be more inclined to pump brakes if there was early hype about Wallace being a total steal.
    Demetrius Williams. Ohh man I remember everyone having such high hopes for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Sign of the times NJ. Every statement has to be hyperbolic or a hot take in order to get anyone to pay attention and respond. If Twitter existed in the Randy Hymes/Clarence Moore days, the hype would have been bigger.

Here's the only Moore highlights I could find:

I mean it was from legitimate reporters, not Twitter people. He supposedly looked absolutely amazing to everyone who saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Couldn't find any specifically for Hymes - but check out this throwback of the biggest blowout in
    MNF history (Sorry GJennings85)

Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Demetrius Williams. Ohh man I remember everyone having such high hopes for him.
    That's the name I was trying to come up with! My brain kept giving me Tandon Doss instead. Flacco's Favorite!
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Great stuff
    I do remember being at that game. Didn't Boller have a good game against the Lions at the end of the season too?

Watching it again I'm reminded how messed up his mechanics were. The QB that came with my electric football game when I was a kid looked more natural.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Great stuff
    BJ Sams
    Boller
    Todd Heap
    Mark Clayton
    Deion Sanders
    Adalius Thomas

Sixteen years ago, man where does the time go