Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Tylan Wallace!

Here he is up against Tre Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    can he block?

This is the game where Tylan Wallace destroyed the Texas secondary.

4. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Tylan Wallace!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Dude is cagey

Didn’t know much about him pre-draft, but love what I see here.

Forget the splash plays/acrobatic catches...I’m talking about the 6 yard comebacks where he takes contact and drives forward, either absorbing the blow and losing the man, or carrying him with him for another yard or two.

I definitely see the Steve Smith comps

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post

Forget the splash plays/acrobatic catches...I’m talking about the 6 yard comebacks where he takes contact and drives forward, either absorbing the blow and losing the man, or carrying him with him for another yard or two.

he looks like a raven to me! totally agree with you.

He's definitely a different breed then what we currently have on the roster at WR....which is someone who plays with STRENGTH, fights through contact, and attacks the ball in the air. He's the anti-Boykin.

I almost hate to say this because I can't stand the guy, but I see some Hines Ward in his game as well.

Blog Entries

with some of the guys like Hollywood getting bullied a bit it sounds like they got two guys who won't be doing that...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

9. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Tylan Wallace!

Is it OK to admit that I also like being able to launch random "Where's Wallace??" Wire tie-ins when watching this kid play?

In all seriousness, though, even if he never gets back all the speed/agility he had pre-ACL, his toughness is really appealing to me. Hell, Steve Smith tore his Achilles a year before he retired and still used the chip (BOULDER) on his shoulder to put up an admirable final year in his career. I like the "fight" I'm seeing in this rookie.

I was just watching Wallace's presser and when the topic came around that his brother's knee injuries may have made his own medical red flag worse, I was reading his body language and I could see the chip being placed on his shoulder.

It was framed earlier by his saying he thought he would be drafted earlier (as most of the public did).

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I was just watching Wallace's presser and when the topic came around that his brother's knee injuries may have made his own medical red flag worse, I was reading his body language and I could see the chip being placed on his shoulder.

It was framed earlier by his saying he thought he would be drafted earlier (as most of the public did).
    I think him falling to the 4th had a lot to do with the potential for repeat ACL issues like his twin brother and his rough Pro Day. Not the tape.

At his Pro Day he slipped on his routes, dropped a few balls, looked frustrated and couldn't get into a groove. But the tape shows he's a gamer, I just don't have those doubts about him, he performed at a high level when he was called upon in games and is an ultra competitor.

That Pro Day was a gift to the Ravens, I think it pushed him down just that much more to land him in Baltimore. One of the few WR's the Ravens have ever drafted mid-late that I actually like, since Darren Waller coincidentally.

Been loving this guy’s film studies, really good and easy to understand.

Here’s his take on Wallace (and Jackson slander):

https://youtu.be/WmwNS5y8cmk