Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Didn't Want A Center In Draft

Where is Tristan-Colon (sp?) in his development? I thought I recall him filling in nicely at C for a game or two. Or maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Where is Tristan-Colon (sp?) in his development? I thought I recall him filling in nicely at C for a game or two. Or maybe I'm mis-remembering.
    He wasn't great, I don't think "filling in nicely" for one or two games is going to be enough to get us over the hump. Bozeman at C with TCC as the backup is a good scenario for me. We should see if we can trade Mekari for a 7th or 6th rder

Zeitler has graded higher as a pass protector than a run blocker recently. Isn't there a chance he plays LG beside Stanley while Cleveland takes over the Yanda role of opening holes at the LoS. It seems a better fit with their skill sets.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We should see if we can trade Mekari for a 7th or 6th rder
    I'd rather keep someone who can fill in at every position on the line. That's pretty valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    sounds like they’re high on a Bredeson at center as well. Point is they’ve spent a lot of draft capital on OL last few years on top of piling money at it and they believe in their guys. Lotta talk around here about how much draft capital has been spent on receivers but the combination of draft and cap dollars spent on OL isn’t much different. All I can do is hope they’re right but I trust them on OL
    Please tell me where you have heard that. Not nitpicking - it would be significant.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Zeitler has graded higher as a pass protector than a run blocker recently. Isn't there a chance he plays LG beside Stanley while Cleveland takes over the Yanda role of opening holes at the LoS. It seems a better fit with their skill sets.
    Not gonna happen.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'd rather keep someone who can fill in at every position on the line. That's pretty valuable.
    There has to be an odd man out though. We will sign a vet to compete with Phillips and we normally carry 9 lineman on the roster

Stanley
    Cleveland
    Bozeman
    Zeitler
    Kelly/Villaneuva

Back ups:
    TCC
    Bredeson
    Powers
    Phillips

I think Mekari is the odd man out unless you wanna get rid of TCC. Powers has some value and could still be a starter as could Phillips... Bredeson hasn't had his chance yet. Mekari will have some trade value because of his versatility and the fact that he has starting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He wasn't great, I don't think "filling in nicely" for one or two games is going to be enough to get us over the hump. Bozeman at C with TCC as the backup is a good scenario for me. We should see if we can trade Mekari for a 7th or 6th rder
    EDC may yet draft Trey Hill from Georgia, a guy formerly with high upside, but who is coming off knee surgery. Mekari is very likely better than anybody they uncover in the 6th or 7th round.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

It might also be worth pointing out that they all went in the 2nd where Ravens didn't have a pick. So you can speculate that they didn't want a guy, I think they never got the opportunity. Just like with Cleveland they are not going to trade up for him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    EDC may yet draft Trey Hill from Georgia, a guy formerly with high upside, but who is coming off knee surgery. Mekari is very likely better than anybody they uncover in the 6th or 7th round.
    I don't know how it would go down around here taking another IOL but I'd certainly be happy with that. Bozeman is also a FA in 2022 and could end up pricing himself out like Jenson did.

Blog Entries

After Skura's injury a few years ago, I was hoping they'd give Bozeman a chance @ Center sooner. Isn't that the position he played @ Alabama? I'd be glad to see him play there in 2021, but if he plays well then isn't he an UFA (drafted 6th round in 2018) in 2022? Anyway, I liked the Cleveland pick. He's got great size and strength and keeps in phenomenal shape for his weight :

I sure can see him taking over LG if Bozeman moves, and Zeitler will be unmoved and continue his 10-year career as our RG. Stanley - Cleveland - Bozeman - Zeitler - RT?

... Bc

12. Re: Ravens Didn't Want A Center In Draft

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Yeah, it certainly makes you think RG. Knowing Stanley can pull all the way from LT, I wonder about pulling Stanley and Bozeman from C and leaving Cleveland in place.

Idunno, I'm just happy it seems like Bozeman's going back to C.
    I was thinking the same thing. We may be getting a bit over our skis with the day-1 starter talk. Plan could be that he’s Zeiter’s replacement in a year or two. All I know is that the iOL competition at camp is going to be really fun to watch.