Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Brandon Stephens!

I just don’t understand why we keep picking guys that will take years to coach up when we are a couple of guys away from winning now.

David Pittman light

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    I just don’t understand why we keep picking guys that will take years to coach up when we are a couple of guys away from winning now.
    Based on the scouting reports of this guy, he sounds like the type of player who wouldn't even be a lock to break camp to begin with. Yet we're just gonna keep him on the bottom of the bench in the hopes we can mold him into something good?

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    The organization is just drafting according to RAS now, isn't it? Apparently, the front office is being run by John Reglarperson.
    LMFAO. I was thinking the same thing. When we see Oweh lining up at TE and Cleveland running tackle eligible routes on the goal line we'll know for sure. John Regularperson = EDC. That's why EDC had RSR on his laptop last year and why John Regularperson has been absent tonight.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Decosta just labeled him a special teams guy pretty much in presser

Seems bit of a reach burning third rounder on special teams considering major holes elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Don't like this pick at all...it's actually probably been a really long time since we've made a Day 1/2 pick that I dislike as much as this one...probably Perriman.

I think the kid may wind up being an ok player, but I absolutely DESPISE taking him in the 3rd round.
    I immediately thought of Pittman. Another 3rd rounder. And a disaster.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

It's not the direction I would've gone in but let's give the kid a fair shake, no doubt he has some skills and really solid size

I think much like Oweh, this is one you have to put on the backburner for now and wait it out

I remember when Epenesa was called the most "pro ready' defensive player in the 2020 draft and he did almost nothing as a rookie. It's a crapshoot on which guys contribute right even if they are a big name/big school guy

Blog Entries

Question Re: Welcome to Baltimore Brandon Stephens!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Not in love with this pick, or really this draft as a whole so far. Doesn’t feel as good as last year’s. Guess we’ll see.
    Yeah, got an uneasy feeling about it too. I liked our 1st and 3rd picks (Bateman and Cleveland) didn't really care for our 2nd and 4th (Oweh and Stephens).

I was thinking that if Yannick Ngakoue had worked out then we would've paid him pretty well. He didn't and IMO it hurt this draft. First off, we might not have drafted Oweh and taken another highly rated player at some other position. Second, we would've had the 3rd round pick we gave to the Vikings for the trade. and might have taken Spencer Brown (OT - Northern Iowa) @ #91 and could have gone for Quinn Meinerz (C) or Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) with pick #94, and still had pick #104 in our back pocket... Bc

Being oblivious to market prices is imprudent. It's not enough to rank players and draft them in order. You need to know the rising and falling prices of players. Take advantage of draft value, not just of player talent.

Maybe a good player. Let's hope so. But this seems like a poor play of the draft board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Decosta literally said in the presser ho doesn’t know what position he can play. It sounds like special teams

He said he loves that he’s a guy who likes contact!

Reporter asked if he’d play RB DB or safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yeah, got an uneasy feeling about it too. I liked our 1st and 3rd picks (Bateman and Cleveland) didn't really care for our 2nd and 4th (Oweh and Stephens).

I was thinking that if Yannick Ngakoue had worked out then we would've paid him pretty well. He didn't and IMO it hurt this draft. First off, we might not have drafted Oweh and taken another highly rated player at some other position. Second, we would've had the 3rd round pick we gave to the Vikings for the trade. and might have taken Spencer Brown (OT - Northern Iowa) @ #91 and could have gone for Quinn Meinerz (C) or Ifeatu Melifonwu (CB) with pick #94, and still had pick #104 in our back pocket... Bc
    Not really following your logic here Bc... how are we getting that 3rd rounder back in this scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    The organization is just drafting according to RAS now, isn't it? Apparently, the front office is being run by John Reglarperson.
    I'm convinced they drafted on the RAS rankings after the took Bateman