Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23242526 LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Brandon Stephens!

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Watched this last night. Stephens is definitely coming along and stacking great games on top of great games. He had a slow start but this dude is balling now.
    Welcome aboard the train! He has had to absorb a lot of learning - playing all over the place - in a short period. It is great to see the team working in a new core player and winning while they do it. And I loved the way he planted that Charger returner.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

He does look like a vet sometimes, it is very encouraging how smoothly he has moved across different positions in Wink's defense and in ST. A clever kid, no doubt.

Blog Entries

Red face Re: Welcome to Baltimore Brandon Stephens!

Watched this last night. Stephens is definitely coming along and stacking great games on top of great games. He had a slow start but this dude is balling now.
    Mac, the honest man in me must confess that I didn't like drafting him (3rd round), but was quite enthused by Shaun Wade (CB - 5th round). All Ravens fans are fortunate that I'm not the GM... Bc

Not bad for a running back

The draft media completely missed him. He didn’t participate in the Combine or Senior bowl, plus he was never named first team all conference so it’s easy to see why. I heard his name a couple times pre draft but that’s about it. The Patriots and Seahawks are famous for getting guys like Stephens in the draft. That’s probably why we didn’t let him fall to Day 3. New England drafted a safety Duron Harmon in the 3rd about 8 years ago who was considered at the time to be a massive reach. He ended up being a key factor to them winning 3 Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Not bad for a Wednesday pm quip

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    LOL … good one!

Clark/Elliott/Stephens - Baltimore's great safety trio

https://youtu.be/9GPhygrNBso

I will continue to take my victory lap on the Stephens pick.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Rough game for the rookie. We might want to sign a vet or give Geno Stone more reps to take some pressure off of him.

Blog Entries

I think Stephens will be just fine as a FS. I like Clark at SS and Stephens at FS for the rest of this season, especially since I don't believe that the Ravens have anyone else who can play FS better right now. The kid is getting some valuable experience this year. Let's just roll with him and see if he can improve with more playing time.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Rough game for the rookie. We might want to sign a vet or give Geno Stone more reps to take some pressure off of him.
    He had a decent game overall, as far as I can tell. He was one of three who missed Mooney on the 60 yard TD, but at least he got over there. And Mooney had a lousy game apart from that one play - 15 other targets, 4 catches for 61 yards.

The one who needs some relief, IMO, is Clark, who is always on the field. Clark looks slow and tired at times. When are we ever going to see a pick again?

I agree that they should try to get something out of Geno Stone. Although slow, at least he is smart.

Wink needs to scheme so that these parts mesh and grow better together. Not easy. Is his system too complicated - idk.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    He had a decent game overall, as far as I can tell. He was one of three who missed Mooney on the 60 yard TD, but at least he got over there. And Mooney had a lousy game apart from that one play - 15 other targets, 4 catches for 61 yards.

The one who needs some relief, IMO, is Clark, who is always on the field. Clark looks slow and tired at times. When are we ever going to see a pick again?

I agree that they should try to get something out of Geno Stone. Although slow, at least he is smart.

Wink needs to scheme so that these parts mesh and grow better together. Not easy. Is his system too complicated - idk.
    Yeah I like Stephens and know he will be fine. He can flat out play, he’s just going through growing pains and it’s tougher when you have a DC who leaves you out to dry consistently. Clark has always been what he is, average at best. He should honestly just be a special teams ace type of player but he’s the green dot guy I guess.