Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Will 6 WRs make this roster?

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    Boykin doesn't have any trade value and the first 5 you listed will be on the active rosters. So that 6th spot really is irrelevant if one of the first 5 don't go down. I think Proche will be first odd man out simply because Duvernay took over punt returns end of last season. But i think those WRs are actually battling with the new DBs over special teams. That will determine who is active.
    Isn't that the point of the thread? lol

There is only one WR spot up for grabs on the 53

Boykin could have a modicum of trade value. A pass happy team might flip us a conditional late round pick for him which is better than cutting him. It would be something along the lines of the Josh Oliver trade where it's a 6th or 7th on a conditional term of making the roster. Which isn't much but it's better than nothing.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Isn't that the point of the thread? lol

There is only one WR spot up for grabs on the 53

Boykin could have a modicum of trade value. A pass happy team might flip us a conditional late round pick for him which is better than cutting him. It would be something along the lines of the Josh Oliver trade where it's a 6th or 7th on a conditional term of making the roster. Which isn't much but it's better than nothing.
    The battle for the final WR spot on the depth chart:

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The battle for the final WR spot on the depth chart:

wHo WaNts tO pLaY sPeCiAl TeAms HA HA HA HA

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Prolly 6 for now. Proche is their PR unless they get a guy today or tomorrow who can do that better than him, I mean he wasn't great so definitely possible they can improve that but he also didn't put the ball on the ground. I guess that remains TBD but right now I wouldn't imagine he's out.
    Duvernay already took proche’s PR role late in the season and gave us a lot more juice. For how great his hands are, he just doesn’t have the speed. I think proche is gone

Blog Entries

Hollywood
    Bateman
    Watkins
    Boykin
    Wallace
    Duvernay

Blog Entries

With so many teams drafting wide receivers the past 3 years it should be possible to put Proche on the practice squad without a huge risk to lose him. This was 6th round pick who didn't show much last year. That kind of profile isn't going to lead to a team claiming him since they would have to put him on their 52 man roster. I think we could see a lot that going on throughout the league with relatively recent draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    If you got a blown tire getting some new windows aint gonna do ya any good. Fix what needs fixing until it dont need fixing.
    Your car only has one spare tire for a reason. We had a flat tire so we bought a pair of cheap Chinese master craft tires and then 500 miles later another pair and then 500 miles later we finally bought decent Bridgestone but we are taking off and throwing away tires that have never been mounted of only have 500 miles on them. You don’t find out if the tire has decent traction by putting it in the trunk to dry rot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I'm thinking:

1. Bateman
    2. Hollywood
    3. Watkins
    4. Wallace
    5. Duvernay
    6. Camp battle between Boykin, Cain, Proche

Then they try to PS, IR, or trade whoever doesn't make the cut. I can see PS as a possibility for Proche and I can see a trade as a possibility for Boykin

But as of right now there is no "right answer" at the final spot. These guys need to compete for their NFL lives in camp, lay it all on the line, prove themselves on special teams, be the most versatile, flash the most potential. Knowing Harbaugh, the last spot probably does come down to special teams, none of them are going to beat out the guys ahead of them for a true WR role.
    If we had the worst we group in football as many of you suggest why would someone trade for our castoffs? Boykin is a cut and if Proche isn’t the returner he is cut as well. Great use of draft resources.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    With so many teams drafting wide receivers the past 3 years it should be possible to put Proche on the practice squad without a huge risk to lose him. This was 6th round pick who didn't show much last year. That kind of profile isn't going to lead to a team claiming him since they would have to put him on their 52 man roster. I think we could see a lot that going on throughout the league with relatively recent draft picks.
    With the new rules even Boykin is PS eligible right? Once Wallace proves he sucks or gets hurt again maybe r Bring Boykin back up to be a healthy scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    With the new rules even Boykin is PS eligible right? Once Wallace proves he sucks or gets hurt again maybe r Bring Boykin back up to be a healthy scratch.

Proves he sucks? Wow, your optimism is inspiring. Now I do have serious injury concerns with him, considering his history and his brother's issues. That's why he's a 4th rd pick and not 2nd.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think this makes sense. I could see the Ravens WR track record both helping and hurting this possibility though. Help if teams think Ravens WR generally suck, hurt if teams think Ravens WR are fine just the Ravens use them incorrectly.

I'm harsh on Boykins <winking smirk> but I really hope he works out. If Bateman looks similar to how Miles has looked, we'll know if it's Boykin or not.