Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Will 6 WRs make this roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    No we aren't going to be free of that scrub this year because:

Media hype of Boykin in training camp.

Media hype of Boykin during the regular season.

Now do targets

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Stovall View Post
    He had a slim chance before the drafting of Bateman. The team won't need 3 X receivers. And he's not beating out Boykin. So yeah... I'll take the bet. Are these bucks worth as much as Canadian dollars?
    I mean, the Ravens are just one of 32 teams in the NFL. Maybe it doesn’t happen here. But I bet he sees the field again somewhere before he calls it a career.

They aren’t worth nearly as much as Canadian dollars lol

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean I would move Boykin to TE if it were me lol. But I think it’s probably Proche to the PS. Those three will be competing for the last two spots and Boykin seems like he has that Perriman quality of having monster camps every year.
    Boykin has no ST value. Not sure I see the point in keeping a healthy scratch around in case of injuries: hard not to play ST’s and also be 4th or below on our WR depth chart. That said, Bateman and Snead effectively replace/upgrade Bryant and Snead, so the numbers and roles are similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now we have shifted our WR obsession to Boykin only as long as the group can’t be complained about. He was a 3rd rd pick. He is 24 years old. We still need him. He isn’t getting cut. The end. The joy it brings some of you to try to bury young guys is absolutely frightening. Thank God the FO isn’t as dumb as some of the fans here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    So now we have shifted our WR obsession to Boykin only as long as the group can’t be complained about. He was a 3rd rd pick. He is 24 years old. We still need him. He isn’t getting cut. The end. The joy it brings some of you to try to bury young guys is absolutely frightening. Thank God the FO isn’t as dumb as some of the fans here.
    If someone sucks at their job and show little to no improvement, then there is nothing about where he was picked or what his age is. Plenty of guys come in the league drafter the same as him and way out performed him. Several at other positions around the league. The NFL also stands for "Not For Long".

If the FO was so high on him, why sign Watkins? Why draft a wide receiver with your first pick in the draft? BE-CAUSE he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think they keep 6.

Duvernay and Proche are returners and, now that he isn't the starting X, I expect Boykin to get more special team snaps. With his size and speed he's got gunner potential and his open field blocking is pretty good. He might be Moore's replacement as a career special teamer if he can figure out what's he's doing. Though that's a big if with Boykin.
    I can see this; I do expect Duvernay and Proche to continue being the returners.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Boykin has two years left on his contract. He more than likely won't get resigned and more than likely his production will go down. Why on earth would you want to stay? For money? Obviously. But if you want to continue your career why wouldn't you want to get a fair shot somewhere else.

Blog Entries

Not worried about those 6 staying at all. We bring in a vet, than id say obviously somebody is gone, but i think thats a talented group that could still blossom. Boykin plenty are down on, but i still think he could turn the corner. Ive seen improvement. Plus he played gunner some didnt he? Proche is a ST ace at RS too so i dont see him leaving. Duvernay i see earning more PT this year. So im not sure who youd cut if you kept 5. RB i agree is more important to carry depth but i think you can do so on the PS. I see us bringing in some UDFA to stash there. Between gus and dobbins i think they feel comfortable with either carrying the load, so theres already some depth built into that position.

With the selection of Wallace this has to be an emphatic yes. I’m wondering who’s going to be the odd man out

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    With the selection of Wallace this has to be an emphatic yes. I’m wondering who’s going to be the odd man out
    Boykin, probably.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Boykin, probably.
    I like Proche a lot because of his grit and style, but I’ve always thought he’s just too slow to cut it in the NFL. He’s my bet to go, unfortunately.