Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 57
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8,344
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Assuming Bateman wins a starting job and takes that X boundary spot, who do we move to the slot? Watkins has played well in the slot before, but Hollywood could be dangerous there and I believe its where he made that 4th down reception against Cleveland.

    This is of course assuming all goes to plan and if Watkins is actually available lol
    I would keep things the same as much as possible:

    X- Bateman, Boykin, Wallace
    Z- Hollywood, Bateman, Wallace/Duvernay
    Slot - Watkins, Hollywood, Wallace/Duvernay
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it,"





  2. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    15,788

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I would keep things the same as much as possible:

    X- Bateman, Boykin, Wallace
    Z- Hollywood, Bateman, Wallace/Duvernay
    Slot - Watkins, Hollywood, Wallace/Duvernay
    Bateman plays in the slot too. I think there is going to be quite a variety of sets.





  3. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    31,479
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Bateman plays in the slot too. I think there is going to be quite a variety of sets.
    Yes WNCR, it's like @ WR we now have :



    instead of...




    only Hollywood. Sorry, couldn't help it now that Spring is here... Bc





  4. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    15,788

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yes WNCR, it's like @ WR we now have :



    instead of...




    only Hollywood. Sorry, couldn't help it now that Spring is here... Bc
    All I see there is pollen.





  5. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    31,479
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    All I see there is pollen.
    Good, how else will other flowers be born? ... Bc





  6. #30

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Definitely Hollywood. I can't think of one time where Lamar tried to hit him down the sideline and it worked out. From my memory most of their big plays come on crossers and post routes in between the numbers.

    Watkins would have a better chance to do something on those fade and corner post throws than Hollywood does.
    One of Hollywood's best catches was down the sideline on a crucial 3rd down late in the 4th versus the Cardinals. I was at that game and it was hot as hell!

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk





  7. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    6,765

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    One of Hollywood's best catches was down the sideline on a crucial 3rd down late in the 4th versus the Cardinals. I was at that game and it was hot as hell!

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    The catch against KC in 2019, the sideline catch against Jacksonville last year...





  8. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    20,753

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Definitely Hollywood. I can't think of one time where Lamar tried to hit him down the sideline and it worked out –
    – in 2020.

    That's partially a symptom of how Lamar regressed last year (a regression that also effected Boykin). In 2019, Lamar hit Hollywood down the sideline several times, beautifully.





  9. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    20,753

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Ok, so one or two plays. But the overall success rate of those type of throws was pitiful by comparison to what he was doing out of the slot.
    That's always the case with bombs. 90% of every team's passing offense happens within 10 yds of the line of scrimmage.





  10. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    20,753

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    we currently have more options for 4 wr sets than 3 TE sets, which doesnt really match what we want to do.
    I wonder if it's true, that it doesn't really match what we want to do.

    It makes a shit-ton of sense to run more 2- & 3-TE sets when you have Andrews + Boyle + Hurst on the roster, and your WR corps is Marquise / Snead / Seth Roberts / Boykin / Chris Moore. But we've run very well out of 3-WR sets the last couple seasons – in fact if I understand what Football Outsiders writes, the whole league runs well out of 3-wide, due to lighter boxes. The Cards were second in rush DVOA in 2019, just behind us. Some of the was Skyler, but some of it was formation too. Kenyon Drake was over 5 ypc.

    If Lamar hits outside shots to Watkins / Marquise / Bateman to loosen things up, I can see Dobbins running WILD from 3-WR sets.





  11. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I wonder if it's true, that it doesn't really match what we want to do.

    It makes a shit-ton of sense to run more 2- & 3-TE sets when you have Andrews + Boyle + Hurst on the roster, and your WR corps is Marquise / Snead / Seth Roberts / Boykin / Chris Moore. But we've run very well out of 3-WR sets the last couple seasons – in fact if I understand what Football Outsiders writes, the whole league runs well out of 3-wide, due to lighter boxes. The Cards were second in rush DVOA in 2019, just behind us. Some of the was Skyler, but some of it was formation too. Kenyon Drake was over 5 ypc.

    If Lamar hits outside shots to Watkins / Marquise / Bateman to loosen things up, I can see Dobbins running WILD from 3-WR sets.
    If they start hitting outside shots with consistency, Dobbins, Gus and Lamar are gonna be hitting their head on the goal post...ALOT





  12. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    8,344
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hollywood or Watkins in the slot?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I see all of our wrs as moving around, which i think is a good thing. Keep it fluid and the DBs on their heals. Wherever the mismatch is will really help lamar that way. Since we still didnt get a TE, which i had as a bigger need than WR, we currently have more options for 4 wr sets than 3 TE sets, which doesnt really match whatbwe want to do. Duvernay and prosche are still talented guys i expect to take huge leaps in year 2. I think hollywood has a lot to prove before getting that 5th year, but id like to see him work out of the slot more. I think duvernay is better suited as a slot guy than him though, and we may see hollywood as more of a gimmick, speed specialist to take the top off and not utilized as much. To me hes a 3rd option at wr now, and i really think duvernay could overtake him in the role needed.
    They have more at TE this year then last year though.

    Oliver fits the athletic profile of the Ravens “receiving” TEs. Poljan, the udfa, fits the “classic” in-line TE role.

    To me that’s the best part about TEs, they don’t cost much for the value they bring.

    Right now the Ravens have a bunch of TEs that will be in camp.
    Boyle, Andrews, Tomlinson, + Oliver, Poljan, Breeland (udfa coming off injury), Wolff





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site