Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Right tackle?

Re: Right tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    After drafting Ben Cleveland in round three it sends a clear message to me that the team thinks of Tyre Phillips as an OT. And I cannot say I'm sold on that. They've got people at the Castle that have forgotten more football than I know, and I am still not sold on Phillips at OT.

Anyway, my best guess at the current depth chart is:

STANLEY - CLEVELAND - BOZEMAN - ZEITLER - PHILLIPS
    Smith ---- Bredeson ---- Mekari --- Powers --

Yeah, that's Andre Smith still on the team. And somebody on the interior is being traded or cut. I have it as Colon-Castillo but it could also be Bredeson or Powers. Or even Mekari but I doubt it due to his versatility.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Zeitler help Phillips look better.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Zeitler help Phillips look better.
    ehhh... I'm not comfortable with Phillips as starting RT and I'm really not comfortable with Andre Smith as the backup OT.

Now if they sign Villanueva it'll be a decent bandaid for a season. And there are still a handful of guys they could draft that I like as a developmental OT, starting with D'Ante Smith of East Carolina.

Blog Entries

Just sign Kelly or Villaneuva and worry about RT next year

ehhh... I'm not comfortable with Phillips as starting RT and I'm really not comfortable with Andre Smith as the backup OT.

Now if they sign Villanueva it'll be a decent bandaid for a season. And there are still a handful of guys they could draft that I like as a developmental OT, starting with D'Ante Smith of East Carolina.
    Don't fret. If the Ravens are good with Villanueva/Phillips at RT for a year, and mainly Phillips after that if he has progressed well (I expect him to), that's fine with me. André Smith is a camp body. Five guys would have to get hurt for him to be on the roster in September. Mekari will be around and is a good RT backup.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

After drafting Ben Cleveland in round three it sends a clear message to me that the team thinks of Tyre Phillips as an OT. And I cannot say I'm sold on that. They've got people at the Castle that have forgotten more football than I know, and I am still not sold on Phillips at OT...
    Me neither, WNCR, but let's give this 2020 3rd round draft pick some time. Maybe in 2020 the Ravens were trying to figure out where he would best fit? Now that Zeitler is aboard, it may be that RT is his place. Perhaps he worked hard in the off-season to lost a little weight (6' 5" - 330 lbs.) and will concentrate on OT when he trains. The Ravens must see something in him otherwise, with a bevy of OGs on the roster, why would they have given him a chance @ RG?

... Bc

Blog Entries

I disagree, AV is a poor pass blocker and has never played on the right side. All Pitt throws are quick screens where he has to hold for 1 second.

He is not the answer at RT and at this stage, I hope they dont' sign him at all

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Its either going to be Kelley or AV. Whichever takes the money. AV might want a longer deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I disagree, AV is a poor pass blocker and has never played on the right side. All Pitt throws are quick screens where he has to hold for 1 second.

He is not the answer at RT and at this stage, I hope they dont' sign him at all
    What would you do then? Play Phillips and pray?

Blog Entries

What would you do then? Play Phillips and pray?
    there was a draft...

there is Kelly and I suspect other guys will become available but yeah looks like Phillips to lose

If the Ravens made the playoffs with the garbage they had in offensive line last year like Flucker just imagine what they can do this year....lol.

As a matter of fact that they can just snap the ball and not put it over Lamar's head they will be twice as good as last year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    there was a draft...

there is Kelly and I suspect other guys will become available but yeah looks like Phillips to lose
    I am thinking Kelly may be a better fit for this offense.

Blog Entries