Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Right tackle?

Re: Right tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    He was THE developmental tackle discussed on Filmstudy’s draft coverage last night. I believe a few of the “guests” felt he could be a starter by the end of year 1...year 2 at the latest. I think we’d have to get into the second to have a chance though.
    Some of you guys overrate where you think some of these guys will go, the NFL media doesn't help, projecting guys like Jenkins and Radunz and others way before they'll actually go. I've seen Brown projected in the 4th, not second. He's a project from a small program.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    There are still a few interesting Tackles the Ravens could add - Walker Little, Stone Forsyth, Jaylon Moore, D'Ante Smith, maybe Spencer Brown.
    If we can get Walker Little in the 3rd that will literally be liking stealing Wagner in the 5th but on steroids. Kid can literally become a legit LT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Drake View Post
    Some of you guys overrate where you think some of these guys will go, the NFL media doesn't help, projecting guys like Jenkins and Radunz and others way before they'll actually go. I've seen Brown projected in the 4th, not second. He's a project from a small program.
    Radunz is not going to be a tackle in the NFL. No way

4. Re: Right tackle?

I would love to be wrong. We shall see.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

5. Re: Right tackle?

He was THE developmental tackle discussed on Filmstudy’s draft coverage last night. I believe a few of the “guests” felt he could be a starter by the end of year 1...year 2 at the latest. I think we’d have to get into the second to have a chance though.
    Over time it has changed, but not that much. Some say project and 4th, others think that it might be project and 4th unless some team want a OT with 10/10 RAS. I don't really know. I saw I believe Daniel Jeremiah's list and he was somewhere around 66 or something. So I don't really know. The Ravens have 2 picks in the late 3rd. To me, getting Spencer Brown OT as one of the 2 3rd round picks would be good and I'd like Meinerz OC with the other 3rd round pick. I don't have a lot of players that I want before S Brown and Meinerz. I'd trade up for both of them I think. That's in part because I don't have lists in front of me. The Ravens have 7 more picks left. Alim McNeill? Slaton FL? I think maybe a big DT, heavy, just as a day 3 backup possibly? Both McNeill and Slaton have at least pretty decent RAS and also some positional versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Radunz is not going to be a tackle in the NFL. No way
    Yep, there is a tendency to boost small school guys who perform well at the Senior Bowl into the top couple of rounds, but they usually go much later. I've seen Landon mocked to us in the third. Some people were clamoring to take this guy at 27.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    I don't think the Ravens can wait till the bottom of Rd. 3 when they're eligible to draft again to go for something as important as the RT position. The drop-off of talent available at this position will be substantial by then.They need to move into the second round.
    mike, our 3rd round picks are very late, so unless we add a 2022 pick to the mix, I don't see EDC affording to move up high enough for a prime player... Bc

8. Re: Right tackle?

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com.../spencer-brown

The average of the mocks is currently 90, down from a high of 85.

Meinerz is 62/62

Creed Humphrey is 48/19

Drew Dalman is 134 (Stanford Center, first team all pac 12, 9.90 RAS)

Drew Himmelman is 347.

...throw a pitch with your opposite hand. In fact, I want you to go through the motion of a full wind-up, as if pitching off of a mound, and throw a baseball with your opposite hand.
    Good thing we wouldn’t be asking Villanueva to be throwing baseballs with his non-dominant hand.

10. Re: Right tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    Good thing we wouldn’t be asking Villanueva to be throwing baseballs with his non-dominant hand.
    Thank you for adding value to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I do think that there is more to the BPA philosophy than the Ravens let on. They have only ever drafted 1 guard and no centers in the 1st. Apart from Grubbs, all of their other great linemen that didn't play LT were drafted after the 1st rd.

They did draft Oher who was a right tackle to begin with because they had Gaither at the time. I don't think we will ever know for sure if they drafted Oher as a LT or a RT.

I think they put a value on certain positions and rank those guys higher even though they may not necessarily be a better player. They probably have Oweh rated higher than Jenkins for example just because of the positions they both play. But you could argue that Jenkins was better as a pure football player than Oweh and possibly Bateman (debatable). Jenkins is either a guard or a RT, where as Oweh could be a premium edge rusher.
    BpA has been described by Ozzie as “best player on our board”.. the board not only factors in positional value but also team need. They don’t focus on WR in round one no matter what, but they certainly may have pushed Bateman ahead of other players they think are better. Not that they picked him out a more highly ranked player on their board, but that they put him higher on their board than their grading system could have suggested. Supposedly, when on the clock they don’t have much thinking or talking to do, because their top available guy is supposedly the pick.

It has also been mentioned that their board changes as they make picks as well. So they may have pushed all WR’s up, drafted Bateman, and now the pendulum swung and they are all much lower rated now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After drafting Ben Cleveland in round three it sends a clear message to me that the team thinks of Tyre Phillips as an OT. And I cannot say I'm sold on that. They've got people at the Castle that have forgotten more football than I know, and I am still not sold on Phillips at OT.

Anyway, my best guess at the current depth chart is:

STANLEY - CLEVELAND - BOZEMAN - ZEITLER - PHILLIPS
    Smith ---- Bredeson ---- Mekari --- Powers --

Yeah, that's Andre Smith still on the team. And somebody on the interior is being traded or cut. I have it as Colon-Castillo but it could also be Bredeson or Powers. Or even Mekari but I doubt it due to his versatility.