Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 96

Thread: Right tackle?

  1. #13

    Re: Right tackle?

    [QUOTE=LukeDaniel;2090272]I think when you look at a draft board, a pertinent factor is how much better the player you're considering is than the next guy at that postion in line behind him.

    Tiers are useful whether it's the real draft or just a fantasy draft.

    It's also helpful to train yourself to think (or at least to look) in pairs. When on the clock look at who you anticipate being available at your next selection. Evaluate which pairing of players best suits your needs, avoids a positional shortage, or takes advantage of a glut. Maybe BPA reigns supreme. But it doesn't have to. The goal isn't to accumulate the most talent; it's to assemble a championship team.





  2. #14

    Re: Right tackle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    And I will continue to harp on my opinion that it is the least important OLine position for the Ravens offense. On run plays, there is almost always a pull, a TE or a lead block from Ricard. On pass plays, anyone rushing from that side is directly in Lamar's line of vision. Not saying we can put a bum out there, but with Zeitler being able to hold the point of attack and at least establish a pocket, the need for a great player there is diminished. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for whoever the RT is to be a monster, but I think the offense can function quite well of the guy is just solid.

    If what you say is accurate than why did the right side struggle so bad last year once Stanley went down?

    They were rotating the RT position every couple snaps during some games because the play was so bad.

    No you cannot trot any body out there. I do not see how RT is the least important position. Atleast with the guard positions the player has help on each side.

    There are still some guys they could get today or tomorrow. Here are just some of the names who could go in round 2-4 I would think

    Walker Little OT
    Jalen Mayfield OT
    Tevin Jenkins OT
    Dillion Radunz OT
    Landon Dickerson C
    Quinn Meinerz C
    Liam Eichenberg OT
    Creed Humprey C
    Josh Myers C
    Samuel cosmi OT
    Drew Dalman C
    Spencer Brown OT
    Brady Christensen OT
    Aaron Banks G
    Robert hainsey G
    Jackson Carmen OT
    James Hudson OT
    Dante Smith OT
    Wyatt Davis G
    Kendrick Green G/C
    Deonte Brown G
    Tommy Doyle OT
    Cole Van Lanen OT





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: Right tackle?

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    If what you say is accurate than why did the right side struggle so bad last year once Stanley went down?

    They were rotating the RT position every couple snaps during some games because the play was so bad.

    No you cannot trot any body out there. I do not see how RT is the least important position. Atleast with the guard positions the player has help on each side.

    There are still some guys they could get today or tomorrow. Here are just some of the names who could go in round 2-4 I would think

    Walker Little OT
    Jalen Mayfield OT
    Tevin Jenkins OT
    Dillion Radunz OT
    Landon Dickerson C
    Quinn Meinerz C
    Liam Eichenberg OT
    Creed Humprey C
    Josh Myers C
    Samuel cosmi OT
    Drew Dalman C
    Spencer Brown OT
    Brady Christensen OT
    Aaron Banks G
    Robert hainsey G
    Jackson Carmen OT
    James Hudson OT
    Dante Smith OT
    Wyatt Davis G
    Kendrick Green G/C
    Deonte Brown G
    Tommy Doyle OT
    Cole Van Lanen OT
    Because RG was the real disaster. Middle pressure is a much bigger problem for a guy like Lamar than outside pressure is. Yanda was so good, even as an old guy, that he strengthened both the Center and RT positions. That's why the Ravens addressed that with Zeitler. I'm not saying it allows them to trot anyone out there at RT, but it does lessen the need for the RT to be great. Standard to good will get it done. And I have no reason to believe they won't take one of the guys you mentioned.





  4. #16

    Re: Right tackle?

    I was hoping for Tevin Jenkins at 31 tbh. But the OP and other posters on this page have successfully convinced me that I should be happy they passed on him.

    I do like Phillips and the Ravens were excited when they drafted him last year with their last of 4 3rd rounders. He's got the potential, and he can grow into the role and also has LT experience as a bonus. He had to come in without a full offseason program and learn RG and RT, 2 new positions and managed to win the RG job over Powers and Mekari (perhaps by default).

    Phillips and a cheap veteran can do the job this year, and we already have 3 extra comp picks next year to move around and grab another tackle if Phillips fails to develop in year 2.

    Now we need a 3rd Safety, a 3rd TE, another O-lineman (center??), depth at D-line, and another edge rusher to develop.





  5. Re: Right tackle?

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The reasons for trading Brown are already well documented. I too was surprised Ravens and 31 other teams passed on him. Clearly not rated very high on the board. Pretty sure they have a plan to attack the tackle position in the 3rd round. I'm curious to know where you found this nugget in bold.

    “Since 2010, every OT Baltimore has drafted measured at least 6054 (6-foot-5 and 4/8 inches) with 34 inch arms or longer (Ramon Harewood’s 33.125 inch arms the lone exception.)”
    https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...e-eric-decosta





  6. #18

    Re: Right tackle?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Stovall View Post
    I was hoping for Tevin Jenkins at 31 tbh. But the OP and other posters on this page have successfully convinced me that I should be happy they passed on him.

    I do like Phillips and the Ravens were excited when they drafted him last year with their last of 4 3rd rounders. He's got the potential, and he can grow into the role and also has LT experience as a bonus. He had to come in without a full offseason program and learn RG and RT, 2 new positions and managed to win the RG job over Powers and Mekari (perhaps by default).

    Phillips and a cheap veteran can do the job this year, and we already have 3 extra comp picks next year to move around and grab another tackle if Phillips fails to develop in year 2.

    Now we need a 3rd Safety, a 3rd TE, another O-lineman (center??), depth at D-line, and another edge rusher to develop.
    Phillips struggled at times at RT. He gave up some sacks. But he was basically was inactive until the end of the season. So I can't really blame him. Hopefully he will improve this year but the ravens are still taken someone who can play RT in the draft.





  7. #19

    Re: Right tackle?

    At the time, I was disappointed that we didn't get a right tackle in the first round. However assuming we sign Villanueva, even if we do nothing else, we probably have improved 4 out of 5 of the offensive line positions versus last year. At left tackle, Stanley > Orlando Brown. At center, Boseman > Skura/Mekari. At right guard Zeitler >> Powers/Phillips. And at right tackle Villanueva >> Phillips/ Fluker.

    And that doesn't even take into account that Powers/Phillips/Bredesen may have improved from last year and that one of them or Mekeri may make a perfectly adequate left guard.





  8. #20

    Re: Right tackle?

    definition of insanity-doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. With the 27 pick the Ravens select a WR. Here we go again.





  9. #21

    Re: Right tackle?

    Quote Originally Posted by don raven View Post
    definition of insanity-doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. With the 27 pick the Ravens select a WR. Here we go again.
    Well how else do you expect the position to get fixed long term?

    Free agency just showed you that players do not want to come here. Watkins more or less signed by default for lack of options.

    They threw 1st round draft capital and targets a good player.

    Definition of insanity is ignoring the problem. They atleast made the attempt to fix it. I applaud the effort.

    I like Batemen. I was pounding the table for Tevin Jenkins too but they just apparently do not like him as much as fans do





  10. #22

    Re: Right tackle?

    Quote Originally Posted by don raven View Post
    definition of insanity-doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. With the 27 pick the Ravens select a WR. Here we go again.
    Hollywood was a first round pick and he is pretty good. If this was a more pass happy offense I feel pretty confident in Hollywood having over a 1000 yards receiving and double digit TDs. So I'm not against them going WR over RT. Plus Decosta is just starting so I can't really judge yet.





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: Right tackle?

    Quote Originally Posted by don raven View Post
    definition of insanity-doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. With the 27 pick the Ravens select a WR. Here we go again.
    I'm confused...what were they supposed to do instead?





  12. Re: Right tackle?

    Spencer Brown

    Dates: 03/22/21
    Hand: 10 3/8 Arm: 34 3/4
    Wingspan: 82 5/8

    Height: 6082
    Weight: 311
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.94
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.83
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.69
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 29
    Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
    Broad Jump: 09'09"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.40
    3-Cone Drill: 6.96

    Height 6082 - exceeds
    Arms 34 3/4 - exceeds

    I've talked about him a lot.

    10/10 RAS at OT, OG, C, and DT.

    Versatile, was TE/DE, basketball and baseball pitcher, which also makes him somewhat raw at OL.

    Top athlete, with crazy numbers like a 6.96 3 cone at 311 pounds. And, could be a total beast blocking TE, a swing tackle, a right tackle. 10/10 athleticism.

    It's like the offenses version of Oweh. 10/10 RAS in a number of positions, both of them, kind of crazy never seen before numbers.

    The other argument is Center before Tackle, and then you might take Meinerz.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site