Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jason Oweh!

I would care about his sack totals if he didn’t rush the passer over 100 fewer times less then Kwitty Payer who was only able to produce 2 more career sacks.

I would be worried if the Big 10 coaches didn’t vote him 1st team.

I would be worried about sacks if Ohio State didn’t devout so much attention to making sure he wasn’t single blocked.

I would care about his sacks totals IF he didn’t actually “win” on his pass rushes. His pass rush win rate is 18%, Phillips is consider the best edge in the draft rate was 20%.

I would care about his sacks totals if he wasn’t tossing DL around. Jacking dudes back into the backfield.

I would care about his sack totals if his pass rush grades were low. True pass rush grade was up there with Phillips.

Keep in mind, he’s doing all this with only 4 years of football experience and barely any moves other then speed and power.

Oweh has as good a chance as any edge prospect of becoming an elite player and talent like his wouldn’t be available if he was more polished.

Even if he doesn’t develop he can set the edge and get schemed rushes like Judon for far less money.

I’m sure people are going be ultra critical of him but he certainly was a worthy prospect where he was drafted.
    Last edited by edromeo; 05-06-2021 at 01:19 PM.

The reason he is not boom-bust is perfectly collected by Wink IMO:

The thing that stood out to me with Odafe [Oweh] is his play on first and second down is so much further ahead than most guys that you watch coming out of college, because you can tell that he made it a priority that he was going to set the edge of the defense – that's big in any defense, but especially ours – and how competitive he is. You could just see on every play; he was going to compete.
    Obviously any player can bust, but his skillset being described as boom-bust is bogus.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Not quite sure what Wink means when he said he's not coming to Baltimore in a good mood lol.... but he seems pretty happy to have him in the building

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Not quite sure what Wink means when he said he's not coming to Baltimore in a good mood lol.... but he seems pretty happy to have him in the building
    Probably pissed at Greg Roman for only putting up 3 points when his D balled out against a high powered passing offense.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Probably pissed at Greg Roman for only putting up 3 points when his D balled out against a high powered passing offense.
    Lol truth

Prob Wink referring to Oweh having the talent where he should have been picked much higher in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Prob Wink referring to Oweh having the talent where he should have been picked much higher in the draft.
    I think both him and Bateman are carrying a bit of a chip...I like it. Vill also seems to be a little pissy and eager to prove some things....should be fun to watch all the new additions.

8. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jason Oweh!

Sounds to me like Wink is saying when Oweh gets to the football he brings bad intentions to the person who has it and the city will love that.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I would care about his sack totals if he didn’t rush the passer over 100 fewer times less then Kwitty Payer who was only able to produce 2 more career sacks.

I would be worried if the Big 10 coaches didn’t vote him 1st team.

I would be worried about sacks if Ohio State didn’t devout so much attention to making sure he wasn’t single blocked.

I would care about his sacks totals IF he didn’t actually “win” on his pass rushes. His pass rush win rate is 18%, Phillips is consider the best edge in the draft rate was 20%.

I would care about his sacks totals if he wasn’t tossing DL around. Jacking dudes back into the backfield.

I would care about his sack totals if his pass rush grades were low. True pass rush grade was up there with Phillips.

Keep in mind, he’s doing all this with only 4 years of football experience and barely any moves other then speed and power.

Oweh has as good a chance as any edge prospect of becoming an elite player and talent like his wouldn’t be available if he was more polished.

Even if he doesn’t develop he can set the edge and get schemed rushes like Judon for far less money.

I’m sure people are going be ultra critical of him but he certainly was a worthy prospect where he was drafted.
    Good to see this in one place - thanks, Ed.

It stood out to me that Big 10 OCs schemed play away from him. That reminded me of what Ozzie said during his presser for the last big re-signing of Suggs: "Opposing offenses change the way they play out of respect for the presence of him."

Another point would be that there are very smart observers who have a very high opinion of Oweh. One was Daniel Jeremiah, who ranked him #31 on his big board.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Means he’s coming after dudes with bad intentions

Hopefully not with “malice in his heart”. That never ends well.

When I heard Wink say that live, I think he meant when he gets to the the guy with the ball, he gets there in a bad mood