Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4546474849 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jason Oweh!

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    That’s a lot easier to do against Rashaan Melvin, Asa Jackson and Chykie Brown than against Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, and Jimmy Smith. That game is exhibit A as to why pass coverage is more important than pass rush.
    100% this. Brady picked on Melvin to beat us. Flacco played well -- didn't think at the time it was going to be his last playoff game.

Blog Entries

I am sure we would have won that superbowl if the secondary held up better against the Pats. The Seahawks were a run first team at the time and don't think they would have had much success against our front 7.

Blog Entries

Ferguson absolutely dominated LSU tbf to him. He was a really, really good college player.
    I wouldn't say dominated but in the first half Ferguson got after Burrow. Then they just started moving the whole running attack with Clyde Edwards-Heliere to that side and mowed down all the pass rushers. LSU was also playing with their backup LT who Ferguson was able to abuse. Fergurson was still good enough that I was excited when the Ravens drafted him and expected a lot more than we've seen.

That’s a lot easier to do against Rashaan Melvin, Asa Jackson and Chykie Brown than against Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, and Jimmy Smith. That game is exhibit A as to why pass coverage is more important than pass rush.
    You don’t remember anything. It was all Dean Pees fault!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    If this dude has 6-8 sacks this year ...I’ll buy YOU his jersey! Might as well order 2 when I get mine.
    Lax, while you're at it, could you please buy me a Tim Tebow jersey, before he gets cut?

Thanks... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I wouldn't say dominated but in the first half Ferguson got after Burrow. Then they just started moving the whole running attack with Clyde Edwards-Heliere to that side and mowed down all the pass rushers. LSU was also playing with their backup LT who Ferguson was able to abuse. Fergurson was still good enough that I was excited when the Ravens drafted him and expected a lot more than we've seen.
    I agree and am disappointed so far. In Fergurson's rookie season, with limited snaps had 31 tackles (20 solo), 2.5 sacks, 1 FR, 1 PD, and 4 STFs. Ok, so maybe he would be given expanded PT in 2020, but he did not. I guess the coaching staff saw him in a certain light. There is still hope for him as he's not a total failure, but I'd like to see more from him in 2021. Which also begs the question : if Fergurson was "sack daddy" in college, but not in the NFL (he's got 4.5 sacks total), how does that bode for Oweh? Just askin'... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    You don’t remember anything. It was all Dean Pees fault!
    I always feel like BB feared a Ravens playoff matchup so much that he emptied his entire coaching bag in that game in order to beat us in 2014. And he and Tom were finally able to exploit parts of the field and aspects of their offense that they never could when Ed was still playing. In addition to our decimated secondary, isn't that the game with the illegally reporting TEs, a halfback option pass and didn't we get jobbed by the refs on an illegally reporting eligible receiver? And somehow still got a 14 point lead - TWICE? SSR was eating Darelle Revis's lunch that day too. Also the infamous "was it a bad throw or a poor effort by Torrey?" to end the comeback? I don't know man, that game has snuck onto my short list of most painful Ravens playoff losses.

I agree, the analytics support: pass coverage > pass rush

That's why paying Judon/Yannick just didn't make sense, don't overpay for B tier edge talent. I would only pay out big money for a Bosa, TJ Watt, Garrett type of gamebreaking talent. Judon was a good player but he's replaceable for cheaper.

If this dude has 6-8 sacks this year ...I’ll buy YOU his jersey! Might as well order 2 when I get mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll take the color rush

Wink is going to unleash his athleticism in a way that Penn St didn't in 2020. Going from being a 4-3 DE with his hand in the dirt to a 3-4 Edge in a versatile Ravens front could make a world of difference for a guy with his measurables & high motor

Blog Entries

If this dude has 6-8 sacks this year ...I’ll buy YOU his jersey! Might as well order 2 when I get mine
    I wear a large.

11. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jason Oweh!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Question for 757RF : I need new glasses, so did you write "Bold prediction, Oweh will have 3 sacks in the first 20 games of the season"? ... Bc
    He'll have 3 sacks in the first TWO games.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

12. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jason Oweh!

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    He'll have 3 sacks in the first TWO games.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    He better get them all vs the Raiders then LOL.