Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4748495051 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jason Oweh!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    https://youtu.be/EjbPTtDXjNM

Film study on Oweh
    “Do not let him get with it”

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    Its really no need to sign Houston right now. Nothing is going on and it can only drive the price down. Also it could be some more post June 1st cuts the ravens are waiting on. Season don't start until middle of September.
    I see the logic of your point.

I'd disagree to this extent. The lack of a need is precisely why Houston should be signed. As soon as some DE gets injured Houston's value goes up.

Given the fact that the Ravens have a narrowing window (Campbell, Williams, Wolfe, Lamar's new K), I'd prefer a sooner signing. The team has just bought its expensive new toy. Buy its maximizer and protection plan.

You may be correct, namely, June 1st cuts will flood the market, forcing Houston to lower his price. I tend to think the Ravens and Houston's agent have already gamed-out the cuts. What they haven't gamed out is the unexpected injury. Houston is betting on himself and that unforeseen injury. If that injury happens, the Ravens lose. If that injury happens in Baltimore, then it might be double whammy. Compare that risk of loss to what's being gained by continued hardball negotiations. I'm unconvinced the gains outweigh the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    I see the logic of your point.

I'd disagree to this extent. The lack of a need is precisely why Houston should be signed. As soon as some DE gets injured Houston's value goes up.

Given the fact that the Ravens have a narrowing window (Campbell, Williams, Wolfe, Lamar's new K), I'd prefer a sooner signing. The team has just bought its expensive new toy. Buy its maximizer and protection plan.

You may be correct, namely, June 1st cuts will flood the market, forcing Houston to lower his price. I tend to think the Ravens and Houston's agent have already gamed-out the cuts. What they haven't gamed out is the unexpected injury. Houston is betting on himself and that unforeseen injury. If that injury happens, the Ravens lose. If that injury happens in Baltimore, then it might be double whammy. Compare that risk of loss to what's being gained by continued hardball negotiations. I'm unconvinced the gains outweigh the risks.
    Yea but you are not going to see those injuries before the season starts in June. So waiting after June 1st would be smart. Thats right before camp starts. Also its not just Houston on the market right now. You have about 2 or 3 other pass rushers that are still available. Granted I like Houston the best but it ain't going make or break the ravens if they choose Melvin Ingram over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Yep.

Who will be Oweh's veteran mentor?
    Boulware had McRary, sorta.
    Suggs had Boulware.
    Judon/Z.Sm had Suggs.

Oweh has...Tyus Bowser? Derek Wolfe?

Oweh didn't have any sacks...but he has plenty of talent. Adding a veteran to help bridge the talent/production gap would be helpful. Plus, such an addition distracts from or aborts the "no sack" talking point. I hope they bring in a guy soon.
    Pernell McPhee
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

5. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jason Oweh!

Why not throw some shekels at Sizzle and ask him to return? As a player-coach or just a coach, doesn't matter. I'd love to see him work with Odafe on technique and key-reads.

Sizzle would be a great person to bring in and help him learn a couple fast tricks to get pressure on a qb. He was great a stopping the run on his way to the qb. A rare talent.

Sizzle would be a great person to bring in and help him learn a couple fast tricks to get pressure on a qb. He was great a stopping the run on his way to the qb. A rare talent. And knowledge should be passed on to the next generation of ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Pernell McPhee
    Yes. McPhee holds that torch. I like him holding that torch. Mid-round guy who did nothing but work the right way and hold up the Ravens standard. Plus what he did against Ten last year was worthy of legend status. He may not be an uber talent like Suggs, Bouleware or Ray but he’s got all the dawg that the position description requires.

Are we agreed on a Seven Nation Army "O-O-O-O-O-Oweh" after a sack? That needs to be a thing.

Im excited as hell to him play and hope hes our next pass rusher of the future. One thing i think he should do is give Dwight Freeney or Demarcus Ware a call and have them teach him their spin move, with his insane speed off the line, he could really benefit from a great spin move.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Are we agreed on a Seven Nation Army "O-O-O-O-O-Oweh" after a sack? That needs to be a thing.
    As long as that song is never played otherwise at M&T Bank stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Yes. McPhee holds that torch. I like him holding that torch. Mid-round guy who did nothing but work the right way and hold up the Ravens standard. Plus what he did against Ten last year was worthy of legend status. He may not be an uber talent like Suggs, Bouleware or Ray but he’s got all the dawg that the position description requires.
    Mississippi State bulldog, in fact. McPhee also tipped the Brady pass late in the AFCCG in 2013 that gave us the interception to kill the Pats' last hope. McPhee's heart is with us, he'll be a willing teacher. Not every rich pro looking for a last payday is.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)