Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Rashod Bateman!

Love this pick. Exactly what we needed. His contested catches are the best in the draft. Great hands and will dominate in the red zone. Kinda reminds me of Dez Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    At least when Bateman is on he looks awesome. We've seen the highs and they're what want. This is guy who runs good outside routes and has solid hands. They just have to figure out what happened in 2020 and fix it. Get the 2019 version and he's going to be a solid addition.
    What happened is he got Covid, lost a bunch of weight, opted out then back in, period. No mystery.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Man this was some bullshit ass pick, you got Jenkins sitting there and we go with who?? Smh Baltimore still doing the same shit. Piss me off
    Bateman plays a way higher impact position that the ravens desperately need if they want to take the next step in the passing game. They also play a system that elevates tackle play, and also has a couple options available in free agency. The Jenkins love is nuts. Great prospect. And so is Bateman, at a higher impact position. It’s great

Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec

·
    47m
    Bateman: "Watching the Ravens the last couple of years, I see nothing but amazing things." Said he's looking forward to chasing a Super Bowl.

Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec

·
    47m
    Bateman said he spoke to Ravens multiple times in pre-draft process.

Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec

·
    46m
    Bateman said bout with COVID-19 resulted him in losing 10 pounds.

Jeff Zrebiec

@jeffzrebiec

·
    40m
    DeCosta said that Rashod Bateman "checked off all the boxes. From my perspective, it was an easy pick to make."

The highlights are really something. Guy can really separate.

I kinda forget about this pick with all the Oweh hubbub lol. I’ve come all the way around for sure.

He's probably the highest traits WR the Ravens have drafted.

Nto that that's saying much, but it's a verry good pick. He's got a high floor.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Honestly when I thought Bateman was 6’2 210 he was the guy I wanted most at 27. When he came in at 6’0.5 190 I balked a bit. But the Covid excuse is fair. If his natural playing weight is more 200-205 the skillset will definitely play. I’m excited about this one man. The body control is really special.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Honestly when I thought Bateman was 6’2 210 he was the guy I wanted most at 27. When he came in at 6’0.5 190 I balked a bit. But the Covid excuse is fair. If his natural playing weight is more 200-205 the skillset will definitely play. I’m excited about this one man. The body control is really special.
    He needs to gain weight. I would actually like him to get back to 210 fairly quickly. I’d rather him be 215-220 so he can be really physical at the line. But he may not be comfortable at the weight

10. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Rashod Bateman!

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean I can buy him losing 10 lbs. But COVID has to be a hell of a disease to cause a guy to shrink two inches. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I mean I can buy him losing 10 lbs. But COVID has to be a hell of a disease to cause a guy to shrink two inches. =P
    People get their heights rounded up all the time. That doesn’t worry me too much. The catch radius is real whether he’s 6’2 or 5’10

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Bateman plays a way higher impact position that the ravens desperately need if they want to take the next step in the passing game. They also play a system that elevates tackle play, and also has a couple options available in free agency. The Jenkins love is nuts. Great prospect. And so is Bateman, at a higher impact position. It’s great
    Nailed it