Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Stocks and Investing

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    You are still up much higher than me taking profit at 130. Don’t get caught up in the “what if’s”. That is letting emotion enter the picture. Just look at the profits or loss. In that view, where did you buy, and how much are you up. The rest is just “could of, or would of”
    Emotion is a bitch when buying and selling options. You are absolutely correct in your view. At this point I lost nearly 100 grand profit so it sucks but still up. Man oh man I had seriously debated on buying puts on MRNA and BNTX but bailed. Huge mistake. Bought a bunch of 150 MRNA calls exp this friday as a calculated bet it goes way up after ER...maybe, maybe not. I also have puts and calls on PTON this week at different price points because my bet is the swing one way or another after earnings today more than makes up for the money lost on the losing side of the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Fall down on your back and kick and scream like a bitch and take zero responsibility for voting the guy that fucked you why don't you.

Typical lefty.

I hope you get fucked by Biden worse, longer and harder than anyone and have to eat Ramen noodles in a cold box in your retirement. I also hope you and all the dumbasses like you that voted in these demented lunatics haven't fucked the rest of us.
    what a nice guy - happy that someone lost money and hoping I grovel in retirement. I'll let you in on a secret chief - I have more money in the bank than you will ever earn in your life. I also do not want you or anyone else to be eating noodles in retirement. However, your sentiment shows exactly what kind of mean spirited person you are at the core. I can vehemently disagree with someone like Vlad on the politics thread, however, we can still be cordial to each other on non-political threads. You cannot divest.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    what a nice guy - happy that someone lost money and hoping I grovel in retirement. I'll let you in on a secret chief - I have more money in the bank than you will ever earn in your life. I also do not want you or anyone else to be eating noodles in retirement. However, your sentiment shows exactly what kind of mean spirited person you are at the core. I can vehemently disagree with someone like Vlad on the politics thread, however, we can still be cordial to each other on non-political threads. You cannot divest.
    Why don't you accept responsibility for getting screwed instead of insulting me with phony attempts to achieve a moral high ground which is another lefty tactic? You are incapable of defending the fact you are responsible for that loss of value and lashing out at me with appeals to "feeling" like a woman i.e. "You are mean" etc.. You are a typical liberal. You are literally attacking me for something you did to yourself. You are the one that escalated this too by calling me a "sick fuck". Take fucking responsibility. Own it. Stop lashing out at me for being stupid enough to vote in the guy that screwed you. I think I've called you humorless before and your hyper-over-reaction proves it.

4. Re: Stocks and Investing

I'm guessing they did well on the place they sold, perhaps extracting the value they overpaid on the new property but sounds to me like your saying the new property was not worth it and is not as nice. I'm just glad we are in. I worked at our condo a lot this past winter, even when there was no water, or fridge, or kitchen or furniture renovating it. It was like camping but with heat. It was kind of gross before but it's mint now with new kitchen and floors and fresh paint, doors, washer dryer hookup, windows etc.. I was down this weekend powerwashing, sanding painting porch and it's just so much nicer like a different place. I really enjoyed working remote and doing the renovation roughing it like that and it pisses me off that the market is so over-inflated now by skill-less over extended morons that it's probably hard to find a good value.

Yeah....they were worried about the capital gains and wanted to spend the cash. I told them to buy a better place, further out, w/a bunch of land, then subdivide later, if need be. That spends the cash and gives them something to generate some cash later, by selling off some lots, etc. They still had plenty of time, but jumped the gun w/it. They'll have to put over $100,000 in it to get it fixed up. Oh well....
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 05-06-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Why don't you accept responsibility for getting screwed instead of insulting me with phony attempts to achieve a moral high ground which is another lefty tactic? You are incapable of defending the fact you are responsible for that loss of value and lashing out at me with appeals to "feeling" like a woman i.e. "You are mean" etc.. You are a typical liberal. You are literally attacking me for something you did to yourself. You are the one that escalated this too by calling me a "sick fuck". Take fucking responsibility. Own it. Stop lashing out at me for being stupid enough to vote in the guy that screwed you. I think I've called you humorless before and your hyper-over-reaction proves it.
    When I said I lost a lot of money - the very first word you posted back to me was ..and I quote ..."good". So keep blaming me for attacking you when you posted back it was good that I lost money. So yes, you are going to be a complete turd and tell me good that I lost money - so who attacked who first...Own up to what you wrote back...and anyone who thinks its good that a fellow poster here lost money is a sick fuck.

When I said I lost a lot of money - the very first word you posted back to me was ..and I quote ..."good". So keep blaming me for attacking you when you posted back it was good that I lost money. So yes, you are going to be a complete turd and tell me good that I lost money - so who attacked who first...Own up to what you wrote back...and anyone who thinks its good that a fellow poster here lost money is a sick fuck.
    I think your false outrage here has more to do with getting pants-ed by me calling attention to the fact your vote for Joe Biden cost you $50,000 personally.

Focusing on my comment is your brains coping mechanism and you trying to process reality that your vote for Biden came at such a huge personal cost to you.

You would have come off better had you been capable of admitting even to some degree you bore some responsibility and maybe tried to laugh off the fact you fucked yourself. The moral grandstanding and immediate reflexive over-reaction/attack on me makes it impossible for me to feel sorry for you and, I think, underscores what a graceless, humorless clod you are.

Blog Entries

Biden just screwed the vaccine stocks with this IP bullshit....probably cost me 50 grand + in losses from my profits.
    That sucks. I wish I had the cycles to devote to learning/understanding investing.

Planning to hire a financial advisor/planner in the next month.

I’ll be honest though…Biden is not the guy that is going to make the markets soar. He’s Jimmy Carter 2.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Biden just screwed the vaccine stocks with this IP bullshit....probably cost me 50 grand + in losses from my profits.
    If you thought you were going to benefit financially under Biden as an American, you were sadly mistaken, unless, of course, you are in the eletist group. As they say, elections have their consequences. The Democrats and most Republicans are only interested in making themselves rich and put Americans at the very bottom of the heap. I'm guessing you didn't shed a teardrop when the people who worked the Keystone Pipeline lost their high paying jobs the day Biden took over. They lost more than 50 grand. They lost their livelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Who here is invested in crypto?
    Invested a little in trying to mine it. Haven't directly bought coins.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Invested a little in trying to mine it. Haven't directly bought coins.

I don't know much about the mining side of it. Do you have a mining rig? How much cpu power does it take?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Looks like Jennifer "you should have bought an electric car" Granholm is going to be forced to dump her 240K shares of electric bus stock. I think she has 5 million invested. Nice amount to have lying around for a government worker.....

I think Knight was talking about them, Proterra, a while back.

The fact she owns so much of them tells me that's the one that will be getting "infrastructure" money here soon, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I don't know much about the mining side of it. Do you have a mining rig? How much cpu power does it take?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I have a gaming rig, so I just had to download software. I did buy about 700 in drives to try chia as well.