Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Stocks and Investing

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Horrible post. The first sentence is based.

The last two sentences are dumb because some people invest after they are already billionaires, even if they inherited it.
    That’s cool. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    That’s cool. Good luck
    You can keep it. In fact I'll sell you my good luck for nothing.

You can keep it. In fact I'll sell you my good luck for nothing.
    You are exactly what I was talking about in the post. A working man that hasn’t made it rich, claiming he knows how to invest.

Take the good luck. You need it with your views

4. Re: Stocks and Investing

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Smart people went all in on beach or mountain real estate i.e lake houses etc. when covid hit. Prices are spiking. I don't think they will be coming down any time soon.
    It's on fire down here. Glad I bought all I did many, many moons ago. The median home prices here in my area are up 26% just in the last three months. I dabble in physical gold and silver (only when they dip), but I'm a real estate guy. People are paying insane prices for "fixers", because that's all that hits the markets. Friends of ours just came up from Charleston, SC. (5 hours away) just to snag a house to set up as an AirBNB. Paid dearly for it.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Holding a portfolio of mutual funds and/or ETFs of stocks and bonds, based on your risk tolerance and time horizon, has worked well for decades. However, stocks and bonds are in epic bubbles which will crash, and the gains will go to gold & silver and cryptos like Bitcoin.
    I would agree. You can invest in some ETFs/mutuals that actual hold the metal and not paper forms. But if you can hold the actual metal then do it.

I have a few bucks in ETFs that bet against the dollar because this crazy spending and printing of money is destroying the underlying value of the dollar, which is purely confidence right now. Once that confidence begins to evaporate it will be gone before you can blink your eye. I wouldn't touch bonds or cash other than that Permanent Portfolio which does invest in them to be across the board. Bonds and cash are going to get destroyed when the inevitable inflation comes.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

We have a great financial advisor, but get a lot of advice from this guy:

https://money.cnn.com/2014/06/07/inv...g-oracle-ohio/

He's my wife's uncle and makes a killing on the market. Made 50% in 2007, then predicted the 2008 crash and sold everything prior. Guy has a HS education and is worth a small fortune playing the market.

Doge coin is .50+

Oakland As are taking it as form Of payment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Doge coin is .50+

Oakland As are taking it as form Of payment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    I bought $100 more. Getting crazy with it. Up to $200 invested in something that is imaginary and has no backing. Woohooo. I feel like a GameStop ape.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I bought $100 more. Getting crazy with it. Up to $200 invested in something that is imaginary and has no backing. Woohooo. I feel like a GameStop ape.
    What is the difference between Doge coin and paper money? Our paper dollars have no backing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What is the difference between Doge coin and paper money? Our paper dollars have no backing.
    Value

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    It's on fire down here. Glad I bought all I did many, many moons ago. The median home prices here in my area are up 26% just in the last three months. I dabble in physical gold and silver (only when they dip), but I'm a real estate guy. People are paying insane prices for "fixers", because that's all that hits the markets. Friends of ours just came up from Charleston, SC. (5 hours away) just to snag a house to set up as an AirBNB. Paid dearly for it.
    Where you at? Yeah, I think the bargains are long gone. I have a feeling though in 2 years when people are back at work and pressure is on to show up twice a week there may be some correction. I think beach and lake property is going to stay high but the general mountain stuff, which there is so much more of i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    We have a great financial advisor, but get a lot of advice from this guy:

https://money.cnn.com/2014/06/07/inv...g-oracle-ohio/

He's my wife's uncle and makes a killing on the market. Made 50% in 2007, then predicted the 2008 crash and sold everything prior. Guy has a HS education and is worth a small fortune playing the market.
    Lol, there is a singer named Paul Glandorf too, wtf. I was like "this google cant' be right".