Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Stocks and Investing

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I want to buy some land. I was thinking about 20 acres that backs to a national or large state park would be ideal.
    100. Or backs to a golf course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I only have a 300 shares of dogecoin. It's just gambling at this point.
    Yeah I've invested in some crypto too, but I agree to a degree. It's definitely gambling at this point in time, but be ready for when the our government gets its act together and actually lays out the regulatory framework for crypto. 99% of the posers and scams will fall by the wayside. I think that is when you will start to see the real investing opportunities.
    Last edited by bandc; 04-29-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Nah, it’s all going to go straight to zero soon when people realize it’s not real and can’t be used anywhere, only bought and sold to other people that want. Even places that “accept” crypto simply have an intermediary that turns it into actual money.

Well, I would agree that most of crypto isn't "real" in the sense that most of the coins out there don't provide any additional value over the fiat system that we have right now. I think bitcoin is the biggest example of that. Bitcoin is incredibly flawed as a mode to transfer value, but where I would say you're wrong is that there are a few coins that do have incredible qualities and have the potential to move value in a way we've never seen before. It would be akin to the telephone replacing two cans and a string/pigeon carrying lol.

Like I said above though, we would need regulatory clarity from the gov't to really allow the innovation to flourish imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    100. Or backs to a golf course.

Smart people went all in on beach or mountain real estate i.e lake houses etc. when covid hit. Prices are spiking. I don't think they will be coming down any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I only have a 300 shares of dogecoin. It's just gambling at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Same. I have 500.
    I have 1000, bought in pretty low so I'm way up. But I'm Holding for the home run.

I'll be purchasing stocks from High Tide (hiti-f), the largest cannibas company in Canada and they are slated to open another 60+ stores I belive.

I am I no way a savvy investor, I buy cheap stocks for the home run hit just for fun. I do some reading and have some companies I plan on researching a tad more. Honestly, just more of a hobby of mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Investing is a long term process.
    Otherwise, you are just gambling.

My brother gave me good advice a long time ago. Invest in companies you believe in. I bought apple and held it.

Don’t take stock advice from anyone that is not a multi billionaire. If their advice was good, why aren’t they super rich????
    I edited this post, originally it said:

"Horrible post. The first sentence is based.

The last two sentences are dumb because some people invest after they are already billionaires, even if they inherited it."

I think most of your post is really good man. I just disagree with the last sentence.

Billionaires often inherit wealth, so they don't have the best advice for investments because they never did it themselves.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack; 04-30-2021 at 11:34 PM.

If you aren't investing in silver right now you're slitting your own throat. Not the paper derivatives like SLV or GLD, but the hard metal. Take physical delivery.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack; 04-30-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Cryptos are good for tech-based folks. If you know computers, it's okay. If you're a paper and ink guy, stay away, it will fuck with your mind and frustrate you endlessly.

Holding a portfolio of mutual funds and/or ETFs of stocks and bonds, based on your risk tolerance and time horizon, has worked well for decades. However, stocks and bonds are in epic bubbles which will crash, and the gains will go to gold & silver and cryptos like Bitcoin.

To be fair, I'm not certain Bitcoin is the future. I believe more in silver, and to a lesser but significant extent, gold. But I do think BTC will "moon" with all the created stimulus bucks, and provide an opportunity to buy precious metals (many PM exchanges accept BTC as payment) which hold real value. Buying land is great, collecting rent is great.

Be careful taking money out of retirement accounts until you're 59 1/2 years old, as you'll pay 10% in taxes for early withdrawal and will ALSO owe taxes on the rest, at your effective tax rate combined with your household income.

If you have cash not in a retirement account, buy silver bullion like a motherfucker, but not so much you can't pay basic expenses. Get some BTC, ETH on Coinbase if you're new to crypto, as Coinbase is easy for newbs. You can go to other exchanges later like Binance.US (not Binance, Binance.US if you live in the US), Kraken and others if you want to save on trading fees.

BTW, none of the above is investment advice. I'm just talking crazy shit and there's absolutely no way that I am following this strategy, except for the fact that I am.