Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OBJ Traded to KC

Why trade him to a team that stands in our way and that just went to the superbowl 2x? I don't understand why you'd make that team better...I would've rather take a lil less from another team. Sorry, but I'm losing faith in EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Sure but I would imagine even Villanueva or a rookie is going to be better than the Fluker/Phillips turnstile they had going on.
    No doubt about that and Stanley has to stay healthy next year to avoid another situation where a subpar player is forced into a starting role.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    If ....and it’s unlikely ...but if Jenkins is there in the 1st ...grab that Dude. Set at RT for years to come. Other than him I’d trade out of 27 and grab more picks. Pick BPA at 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Tevin Jenkins is there I agree I think the pick is a no brainer but I do not think he makes it to the Ravens.

You have teams like Panthers, Cowboys, Chargers, Vikings, Cardinals, Dolphins, Raiders, Bears, Titans who could all go Oline.

I think The Ravens did well in this trade, but losing that 2nd rounder really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Ravens have been good at finding plug and play rookies at RT and this scheme is pretty easy relative to the rest of the league.
    Sure, but they're not going to find Pro-Bowl level play from a rookie this year. They may develop into a Pro-Bowler. In Brown's first year, he didn't play at that level.

I get why they're doing this, but there's no doubt that right tackle won't be as good this year compared to what OBJr would have done for us.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Sure, but they're not going to find Pro-Bowl level play from a rookie this year. They may develop into a Pro-Bowler. In Brown's first year, he didn't play at that level.

I get why they're doing this, but there's no doubt that right tackle won't be as good this year compared to what OBJr would have done for us.
    Yeah I get it. I would think they’re gonna get a center that will hopefully still make the o-line group better as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    Why trade him to a team that stands in our way and that just went to the superbowl 2x? I don't understand why you'd make that team better...I would've rather take a lil less from another team. Sorry, but I'm losing faith in EDC.
    I see your point and would normally agree but we are talking Andy Reid here and there is an obivous conneciton and immense level of respect between Reid and harbaugh.

The chiefs are pretty classily orginaizaton. Its not like this trade was the Steelers or Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    fyi, it’s the 16th overall equivalent using the Over the Cap pick charts, in which they value picks way more than JJ. I lean more towards there way of thinking myself.
    I agree with this way more than #37th pick value. Plug in #16 instead of Orlando Brown and you'd understand why KC would make the trade.

That’s too fucking much on our end to be giving up for a cost controlled RT. What happened to the middle of the order first?

And to set up your primary rival on top of it? This shit is awful.

And I’m not sure why everyone is so enamored with Villaneauva. He’s an aging veteran who has only ever played LT. Unless I am mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    That’s too fucking much on our end to be giving up for a cost controlled RT. What happened to the middle of the order first?

And to set up your primary rival on top of it? This shit is awful.
    Clearly they weren't getting great offers for him. I'm sure they would have preferred not to trade him to KC, but when they are the only team offering a first, you have to decide whether to keep him or trade him for significantly less than we got here.

I'm not thrilled with the return, but the fact that the trade is what it was and that it was to the Chiefs says a ton to me about the offers they were or weren't getting for him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Clearly they weren't getting great offers for him. I'm sure they would have preferred not to trade him to KC, but when they are the only team offering a first, you have to decide whether to keep him or trade him for significantly less than we got here.

I'm not thrilled with the return, but the fact that the trade is what it was and that it was to the Chiefs says a ton to me about the offers they were or weren't getting for him.
    His value wasn’t that high because people knew he wanted to get traded and he is on a 1 year deal. The 2 firsts or middle of the first talk was always fantasy.

Blog Entries

That's more than I thought they'd get.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.