Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OBJ Traded to KC

So this changes the draft strategy - plenty of ammo. They need to target a top RT and I hope also a C

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    It is?

You're saying #37, #58 and a sixth round pick in 2022 is worth the same as #31, #94, #136 and and a fifth round pick? I'd take the second half of that trade 100% of the time. That feels more like equivalent to #25 to me.
    It’s lower than 31 because no one would trade 58 for 94, 136, and a low 6th or 7th

Strong likelihood the Ravens trade down from the 27th pick after snagging the Chiefs' first round pick. I suppose the Ravens could also now trade up in the first round having two first round picks, but that doesn't fit their operating style.

Plus with the loss of their second round pick, I don't see how the Ravens don't trade one of their first round picks and accumulate more draft capital. It's a fair deal, but I have mixed feelings helping out the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    So this changes the draft strategy - plenty of ammo. They need to target a top RT and I hope also a C
    Disagree on RT. They have a long history of plugging in later round picks at RT and being successful. OBJ was a late 3rd, Wagner was a 5th. Assuming they sign Villanueva they can wait a good amount of time before looking at RT. A top center I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    We aren't KC's rival until we beat them.
    Lol. Baltimore fans! Like TERP FANS thinking Duke was their rival. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I think this is fair value, this makes their offensive line worse for 2021 at the moment. Even if Villanueva fills in admirably, he probably won't be as good as Brown at RT. I hope they can improve the line in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Although I think this is fair value, this makes their offensive line worse for 2021 at the moment. Even if Villanueva fills in admirably, he probably won't be as good as Brown at RT. I hope they can improve the line in other ways.
    Ravens have been good at finding plug and play rookies at RT and this scheme is pretty easy relative to the rest of the league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Disagree on RT. They have a long history of plugging in later round picks at RT and being successful. OBJ was a late 3rd, Wagner was a 5th. Assuming they sign Villanueva they can wait a good amount of time before looking at RT. A top center I agree with.
    and Lamar took 6 more sacks last year than the previous. He can run for his life and mask a lot of that but against the better teams the mask is ripped

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Eh.

I'm not pissed nor am I very happy about this...the compensation or the fact it was to the Chiefs.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    If ....and it’s unlikely ...but if Jenkins is there in the 1st ...grab that Dude. Set at RT for years to come. Other than him I’d trade out of 27 and grab more picks. Pick BPA at 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and Lamar took 6 more sacks last year than the previous. He can run for his life and mask a lot of that but against the better teams the mask is ripped
    Sure but I would imagine even Villanueva or a rookie is going to be better than the Fluker/Phillips turnstile they had going on.

Blog Entries

fyi, it’s the 16th overall equivalent using the Over the Cap pick charts, in which they value picks way more than JJ. I lean more towards there way of thinking myself.