Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: "My Guys" 2021 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Cool.

He may be too similar to Phillips. They are both 6' 5" 330. Both excel at run blocking. Phillips has really long arms, which is why is a a great developmental candidate at RT. Banks has normal reach ability. Banks would arrived more polished, but he will need to develop with technique.

The NFL composite ranking was 6.24 on Phillips and 6.29 on Banks. And to clarify, that's right on the cusp of "great back up who could become a starter" and "Will start within in two years". If they draft Banks at 104 it would be right around where they drafted Phillips, at 106.

So, while they are pretty damn similar and you could say therefore we already have that guy, I think spending third round picks to replace the two third round picks you had on the right side in Yanda and Brown has nice symmetry.

You can not bet on both developing, but you should be happy to have both in the mix to be ready when Zeitler and Villanueva/Kelly give up the positions.

There are so many very good iOL and G/T prospects that I can see teams who need them taking them early, in which case I won't be shocked if Banks falls to the fourth round where he'd be awesome value with that pick they got from KC for OBj.
    Very interesting, thanks.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I’m kind of exhausted from all the speculation and hype, I’m just ready for the draft honestly, so I’m not gonna put like 20 players like the OP asked for. I’m gonna give my one guy. Hunter Long. I love Hunter Long, he’s way better than people say. The big knock on him is that he’s not a great blocker, but from what I’ve seen I disagree with that assessment, I think it’s actually a real strength of his. Seems like he’s projected somewhere in R3 for most places I’ve looked at. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but in R3, Long is a steal imo. I’d love the Ravens to have another talented TE on the roster, and I’m really high on Long.
    This is interesting. I actually think Long is pretty terrible. When you watch him, all I see is the complete inability to separate from average defenders. He doesn't have special hands either. I think the only reason he gets any sort of hype is because he for some reason gets force fed the ball in that offense.

He gets a 7-udfa grade from me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Two players I would back my couch GM credibility on: Jalen Camp and Greg Newsome II

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Would anyone else be fine if we traded up with the Colts to get Jenkins? I don't see Jenkins making it past the Titans and Steelers, and the Colts need to aquire more picks in the draft. Giving up a 3rd to get it done is a bit steep, but Jenkins is literally born to be a Raven, but he'd also fit in well for the Titans or Steelers two of our big rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would anyone else be fine if we traded up with the Colts to get Jenkins? I don't see Jenkins making it past the Titans and Steelers, and the Colts need to aquire more picks in the draft. BGiving up a 3rd to get it done is a bit steep, but Jenkins is literally born to be a Raven, but he'd also fit in well for the Titans or Steelers two of our big rivals.
    I hope EDC is gun shy on trading back. As of now we have 29 players on the roster for 2022. To keep this low number in perspective the browns have 49 and bills have 47. With such a low number the Ravens will need to hit on some 3rd and 4th rounders for depth. I think we stay put there will be plenty of talent worthy of 27 even if Jenkins gets picked up.

6. Re: "My Guys" 2021 NFL Draft

Would anyone else be fine if we traded up with the Colts to get Jenkins? I don't see Jenkins making it past the Titans and Steelers, and the Colts need to aquire more picks in the draft. Giving up a 3rd to get it done is a bit steep, but Jenkins is literally born to be a Raven, but he'd also fit in well for the Titans or Steelers two of our big rivals.
    But the Colts themselves probably want or would take Jenkins. I'd be fine with it, I just don't see the Colts doing it.

Blog Entries

Would anyone else be fine if we traded up with the Colts to get Jenkins?
    I'm generally against trading up in the first round...especially for an OT unless its a LT....but we already have a LT
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Ok, so I wasn't totally out of my mind on Mac Jones vs Trey Lance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Only the media bought into that Mac Jones nonsense.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I thought it was Justin fields the whole time... so I could have been more wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I thought it was Justin fields the whole time... so I could have been more wrong.

Me too, I didn't buy that Mac Jones mess for a second, i thought it was Justin Fields the whole time....but i kept forgetting that Trey Lance was the better runner between him and Fields and Kyle knows how to make the QB run threat explosive. ;(
    We're about to see the correct way to use a dual threat QB.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Me too, I didn't buy that Mac Jones mess for a second, i thought it was Justin Fields the whole time....but i kept forgetting that Trey Lance was the better runner between him and Fields and Kyle knows how to make the QB run threat explosive. ;(
    We're about to see the correct way to use a dual threat QB.
    And now they may even actually keep Garropolo for a year...