Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Face it! Draft Jayson Oweh

Oweh had 6.5 TFLs in 7 games. That's 15 (rounded) in a 16 game season. TFLs are just as good as sacks imo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    This thread is likely to be bumped about a year from now ��
    Guaranteed. That's good because this is the perfect example of the 2021 draft. It's not clear at all and the opinions are wildly divergent. I bet there are a bunch of debates like this in every front office in the league

Blog Entries

Oweh had 6.5 TFLs in 7 games. That's 15 (rounded) in a 16 game season. TFLs are just as good as sacks imo
    Teams sure don't draft like a TFL is as good as a sack. When Suggs goes into the Hall of Fame in a couple of years will it be the tackles for loss, quarterback hits or sacks that get him there?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Teams sure don't draft like a TFL is as good as a sack. When Suggs goes into the Hall of Fame in a couple of years will it be the tackles for loss, quarterback hits or sacks that get him there?
    Yes.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Face it! Draft Jayson Oweh

GOTA, Terrell Suggs = 139 Regular Season sacks plus 12.5 more in Postseason (a 9 sack per season average) is what the HOF voters will be dazzled by... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Question - what is "Boyle" from your chart?
    Lol, Boyle is supposed to hurries. I was in a rush when I made that table.

Boyle=QB hurry

😂

IMO they should all be taken into account. Sacks and TFLs both result in loss of yardage for the offense. It's the same.

I'd just hate for Oweh to be another guy we bang our heads against the wall about later like DK

9. Re: Face it! Draft Jayson Oweh

I'd just hate for Oweh to be another guy we bang our heads against the wall about later like DK
    There's always going to be guys we do that about. AJ Brown is another one. We could have taken him too. But here is my question. I'm going to try to stay neutral. What makes Oweh a better prospect for the Baltimore Ravens than Ronnie Perkins; Joseph Ossai, Boogie Basham, Patrick Jones; Paye, Payton Turner, Dayo Odeyingo, Joe Tryon other than athletic testing? And I wouldn't take Perkins, Jones, Turner, Odeyingo at 27 but I just want to know, from your perspective, other than athletic testing what can you cite about Oweh that makes him a more attractive player for the Baltimore Ravens than the guys I just named?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    There's always going to be guys we do that about. AJ Brown is another one. We could have taken him too. But here is my question. I'm going to try to stay neutral. What makes Oweh a better prospect for the Baltimore Ravens than Ronnie Perkins; Joseph Ossai, Boogie Basham, Patrick Jones; Paye, Payton Turner, Dayo Odeyingo, Joe Tryon other than athletic testing? And I wouldn't take Perkins, Jones, Turner, Odeyingo at 27 but I just want to know, from your perspective, other than athletic testing what can you cite about Oweh that makes him a more attractive player for the Baltimore Ravens than the guys I just named?
    Other than his athletic testing, I don't see anything there that can't be taught over the course of training camp. I don't see a soft defensive player with poor instinct like in others. And that's not to say that I'd drop him into coverage.. the guy is a pure pass rusher.

His combination of size and speed is rare. Not just for football but for any sport which is why you have people toy with the idea of guys like Lebron and Usain Bolt playing in the NFL.

Scouts see such large powerful humans that can run at those speeds and they know the mismatches that they're getting at the LOS. If Wink can brush him up on his technique he can be exceptional. He's only 22 with plenty of time to progress.

This thread is likely to be bumped about a year from now 👀
    Well, you are totally on brand.
    "That's what."
    — She

Hey it all depends on who Oweh is. He is plainly there as an athlete; even if you dock his timed numbers for being at a Pro Day they're great numbers. We didn't know if DK was pissed off for greatness or not - as it turns out, he is. There are plenty of other raw athletic marvels that weren't.

For me, it's simple - I just want the Ravens to get a really good to great player with their first draft pick, and no matter who it is, unless something horrendous happens with him, I'll be rooting for him.