Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Re: Well we went and pissed off deCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    It was from the medical combine. I think it's legit. I dont think it's going to hurt him too much but I don't think a lot of teams have him in the 1st anyway. I think somewhere between 32 and 45 is where he and Bateman will go.
    Lots of gms are blowing smoke esp week before draft. We seen this before.

Blog Entries

With Marshall having some medical red flags pop up at the medical combine I think you can scratch him at 27 (didn't think we would be taking a WR there anyway).
    Medical "red flags" especially this late in the game are very curious....they've known these so called red flags for a while why come out with it now?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

3. Re: Well we went and pissed off deCosta

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Medical "red flags" especially this late in the game are very curious....they've known these so called red flags for a while why come out with it now?
    Yeah I know. It was the medical combine check on players and he had some stuff that came out. To me it's not serious honestly. They didn't say indicate anything about there being something degenerative so I don't see a problem. But I do think his range is between 32 and 45. If we don't take him, which, I doubt we will, people are going to blow up.

Blog Entries

If you multiply the Ravens passing game stats by 1.38 would you guys be happy with the WR production?

My math is terrible so beware but the mean for passing attempts per game was 36.
    The Ravens threw the ball 10 fewer times per game at 26.

I wonder how people would feel IF the passing volume was:

3,817 - Lamar
    1061 - Hollywood
    967 - Andrews
    963 - Snead + Boykin

that's the 1.38 volume pass stat correction ;)
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Yeah I know. It was the medical combine check on players and he had some stuff that came out. To me it's not serious honestly. They didn't say indicate anything about there being something degenerative so I don't see a problem. But I do think his range is between 32 and 45. If we don't take him, which, I doubt we will, people are going to blow up.
    Medical red flags that come out this late have the opposite indication to me. You leak something or say something negative about a prospect this late in the game then i call bs.

I have full faith that the Ravens will make a good choice at 27.
    I'm a football nerd and the Ravens tend to draft towards that direction so i'm usually happy with their picks.
    BPA, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    A draftee doesn't change that picture at all, unless it's one of the first-rd guys.
    You'd still have:

1. Hollywood (Proven, slight frame, at elevated risk for injury)
    2. Watkins (Proven, historically injury prone, 1 year deal)
    3. Boykin - Underutilized
    4. Duvernay - Unproven
    5. 2021 WR draftee - Unproven
    6. Proche - Unproven/late pick
    7. Deon Cain - Unproven/late pick
    8. Binjimen Victor - Camp body
    9. Jaylon Moore - Camp body

I liked Cain coming out, for the record. Maybe he has something, a couple years removed from his injury.

Why does the WR automatically have to be a 1st rounder? Not all productive WRS are 1st round talents

They just need to find a guy who can play the position. THey need someone with size who can make those tough catches.

Have you ever seriously looked at the players, the scheme and how defenses are playing the Ravens and not wonder why and how this WR core is not more productive? especially now with how defenses are stacking the box on the ravens to stop the run

For all the talk of WRS not wanting to play here because they do not pass enough, if the Ravens talent pool was better this offense for WRS especially on the outside routes should be thriving because the coverage will usually always be single coverage.

So this where the blame in my opinion is pretty much on the talent of the player and then coaching. The WRS especially a guy with Boykins size should be thriving on the outside in this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'd love a great O Line but I think more is needed. What sways me is the quality of defenses that stopped the Ravens.

In 2018 the Chargers only had 4 D linemen and no linebackers available while the Ravens had Yanda, Stanley and Brown on the O Line plus 3 TEs to
    help with blocking yet they couldn't get it done. In 2019 the Ravens again had Yanda and one of the best Tackle pairs in the league yet they got nowhere. In 2020 a pair of middling run defenses shut the Ravens down.

I wonder how good the offensive line would have to be to block the numbers the Ravens see defending the run and the middle of the field? Do we need to see them consistently winning at the LoS and making a second block downfield before the offense can be successful? If they need 5 stars across the line before the offensive system can succeed then maybe it's not a system that can win in the playoffs.

An improved passing game just seems like a more achievable next step than constructing a flawless O Line
    But the receivers don't matter as much when your lg and c part like the red sea after the snap and Melvin Ingram is ready to take the play fake.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    A draftee doesn't change that picture at all, unless it's one of the first-rd guys.
    You'd still have:

1. Hollywood (Proven, slight frame, at elevated risk for injury)
    2. Watkins (Proven, historically injury prone, 1 year deal)
    3. Boykin - Underutilized
    4. Duvernay - Unproven
    5. 2021 WR draftee - Unproven
    6. Proche - Unproven/late pick
    7. Deon Cain - Unproven/late pick
    8. Binjimen Victor - Camp body
    9. Jaylon Moore - Camp body

I liked Cain coming out, for the record. Maybe he has something, a couple years removed from his injury.
    I'm saying to take one in the 1st so the argument is kinda moot

Elijah Moore and Bateman are better prospects than Hollywood coming out, they could easily become the best WR on the team in year 1 or year 2 and would have a starting role right out of the gate.

Hell even guys like Dyami Brown or Amari Rodgers would be our WR3 day 1 and could possibly ascend higher than that pretty quickly in their career's

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I'm saying to take one in the 1st so the argument is kinda moot

Elijah Moore and Bateman are better prospects than Hollywood coming out, they could easily become the best WR on the team in year 1 or year 2 and would have a starting role right out of the gate.

Hell even guys like Dyami Brown or Amari Rodgers would be our WR3 day 1 and could possibly ascend higher than that pretty quickly in their career's
    I think you're underestimating Hollywood! As a rookie (14 games), still healing from Lisfranc, he
    caught 46 passes for 584 yards (12.7 YPC) and 7 TDs. One year later, playing in all 16 games, 58 receptions for 769 yards (13.3 YPC) with 8 TDs.
    IMO our primary needs are OT and Pass Rush, with WR coming in a close 3rd... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think you're underestimating Hollywood! As a rookie (14 games), still healing from Lisfranc, he
    caught 46 passes for 584 yards (12.7 YPC) and 7 TDs. One year later, playing in all 16 games, 58 receptions for 769 yards (13.3 YPC) with 8 TDs.
    IMO our primary needs are OT and Pass Rush, with WR coming in a close 3rd... Bc
    I'm saying coming out of college, they're both better prospects than Hollywood. I'm a huge Hollywood fan and had to defend that pick ad-nauseum when it happened and I'm still saying that.

Elijah Moore could be the next Antonio Brown, his route running is silky smooth, great hands, absolutely eats up zone coverage which is what the Ravens face a majority of the time. Checks all the boxes when you look at the traits of elite receivers under 6'0. Probably wish he was a few inches taller but that's really the only dig on him.

Bateman has the prototypical WR1 size/speed/athleticism/arm length, he's a true X receiver which inherently has more value than a guy like Hollywood who is a Z/slot guy. Runs crispy routes, good releases, good hands. Checks all the boxes. I would say he's something like a DeVante Parker type in the NFL.

If we picked either I would put money on them being the best homegrown WR in franchise history (which isn't saying much but you get the point)

And you aren't bothered by the horrible season Bateman had in '20?
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    And you aren't bothered by the horrible season Bateman had in '20?
    Nah, he had COVID and opted out, then back in. It was a shit show season because of the pandemic.

I think he's the real deal that just had an unfortunate 2020 because of the circumstances, as many people did