Re: Well we went and pissed off deCosta

And the Oscar goes to ----------- Eric DeCosta, Baltimore Ravens

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    And the Oscar goes to ----------- Eric DeCosta, Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    And you aren't bothered by the horrible season Bateman had in '20?
    You obviously don't like Bateman, but the extreme criticism of a college kid that was recovering from COVID and still had almost 100 yds a game almost seems personal. You act like he was straight up garbage and there were no other mitigating factors.

I get it, you wanted us to draft a RT in the first round. I don't get why, but I understand that's who you wanted. Don't need to unfairly bash a guy to make a point.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Shas be Salty 🤣

Hey, they said he had a bad year on 105.7 FM so...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Hey, they said he had a bad year on 105.7 FM so...
    Lazy reporting. They look at the numbers in a vacuum and don't take any other factors into consideration. It's a fact that he wasn't as good as 2019. It's also a fact that he had Covid and lost weight, opted out, back in, and only played 5 games. In those five games, despite the previous setbacks physically and mentally, he still had 472 yards. Is that "awful" or "garbage"? I personally don't think so, especially given the circumstances.

I give him credit for actually playing after going through that when many other players opted out completely. He could have rested on his 2019 season and opted out and nobody would have held it against him. He didn't do that, even after struggling through COVID, and that tells me something about his heart and character.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Lazy reporting. They look at the numbers in a vacuum and don't take any other factors into consideration. It's a fact that he wasn't as good as 2019. It's also a fact that he had Covid and lost weight, opted out, back in, and only played 5 games. In those five games, despite the previous setbacks physically and mentally, he still had 472 yards. Is that "awful" or "garbage"? I personally don't think so, especially given the circumstances.

I give him credit for actually playing after going through that when many other players opted out completely. He could have rested on his 2019 season and opted out and nobody would have held it against him. He didn't do that, even after struggling through COVID, and that tells me something about his heart and character.

I think I remember them claiming he was 20 pounds heavier this year. Yeah, I thought the analysis was off. Do you know when he got COVID?

Over the summer... yeah, can't hold 2020 against him

You obviously don't like Bateman, but the extreme criticism of a college kid that was recovering from COVID and still had almost 100 yds a game almost seems personal. You act like he was straight up garbage and there were no other mitigating factors.

I get it, you wanted us to draft a RT in the first round. I don't get why, but I understand that's who you wanted. Don't need to unfairly bash a guy to make a point.

For Bateman’s “terrible” year in 2020, he averaged 94 receiving yards per game in 5 games played. In 2019 Bateman averaged 93 receiving yards per game in 13 games played.

His receiving TDs dropped from 11 to 2, but that’s not so bad considering he only played 5 games. And his QB went from throwing 30 TDs in 13 games and only threw 7 TDs in 7 games played in 2020.

Bateman wasn’t quite as good in 2020, but it was far from a terrible season for him.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    He's happy now... Half the Raven fans are pissed, half are happy. Balance in all things.