Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RT Dennis Kelly visiting the Ravens

Versatile depth at OT potentially? I dont know anything about him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....182247528.html

Re: RT Dennis Kelly visiting the Ravens

I see now that Kelly is already being discussed in the Villanieva thread.

Mods, please feel free to end/close this one.

Blog Entries

The Mauler

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He would be a good backup i guess. This is just another precautionary move by the ravens. This could be either a chess move or checkers move. Meaning they could just be taking a look at him to get familiar with him just in case they need depth during the season or they want to sign him soon depending on the draft and AV.

5. Re: RT Dennis Kelly visiting the Ravens

Experience in a run heavy scheme so the run blocking should be amicable.

He's below average and best used as a reserve swing OT.

5th round pick in 2012 (Eagles)
    6'8", 321 lbs
    33 1/2" arms (47th%)
    5.38 forty (21st%)
    30 reps (80th%)

I'm not sure if he's better than DJ Fluker. But he's taller, thinner, and has shorter arms.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 04-26-2021 at 04:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Rick Wagner is also still out there. They might as well take a look at him too

I think read somewhere that Kelly didn't give up a sack or have a holding penalty last year. If true, that's an upgrade over DJ at least, right?

Blog Entries

I think Kelly is definitely better than Fluker. A lot of Flukers short comings were masked over in our scheme here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    I think read somewhere that Kelly didn't give up a sack or have a holding penalty last year. If true, that's an upgrade over DJ at least, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think Kelly is definitely better than Fluker. A lot of Flukers short comings were masked over in our scheme here.
    Jam and leach, I agree with you both.
    Fluker (30) and Kelly (31) are only one year apart in age, but Kelly started all 16 games @ RT in 2020. If he wants to be a Raven, and asks for reasonable $, then he seems a good candidate to be our veteran RT. Hopefully EDC will draft an OT high, so he doesn't have a ton of pressure on him in his rookie season... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Jam and leach, I agree with you both.
    Fluker (30) and Kelly (31) are only one year apart in age, but Kelly started all 16 games @ RT in 2020. If he wants to be a Raven, and asks for reasonable $, then he seems a good candidate to be our veteran RT. Hopefully EDC will draft an OT high, so he doesn't have a ton of pressure on him in his rookie season... Bc
    Of the 2 [alleged] RTFA visits: Villanueva would be more useful @ RT (plus a seasoned back-up for Stanley who is still a ?), but methinks he is yanking Ravens' chain so as to yank Pitts' chain in a good old fashioned AFCN circle jerk. I like Kelly's discipline if the penalty stats are true. Fluker was good for 30 penalty yds a game at min. Kelly is no stranger to a Beastly Run Game. Tannehill is a more trad. drop back QB than Lamar will ever be.He'san improvement over what we have left. Provides some affordable cover while a 2021 draftee (Rd.3-5 for longer range affordability) ramps up. Allows EDC to use 1st Round picks on something other than OL

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Kelly was also in an incredibly favorable situation/scheme, and didn’t grade out any better than Fluker per PFF. He was on a contract that was very team friendly if he’s even an average starting RT and the Titans still cut him after he’d started all 16 games for them. He’s an adequate swing tackle, nothing more.