Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Alejandro Villanueva is visiting the Ravens this week

He was always solid in Pgh. The guy is a pro, and a helluva locker room presence. He could fill in adequately if Stanley gets hurt (or isn't ready), and if his skills have declined at LT - perhaps a move to RT extends the career & he provides either depth or a nice transition to a guy drafted this year. I'd rather have him than Fluker as a swing tackle. He provides a high quality option in the event of injury. And, if we are indeed gonna move Orlando Brown, he's a nice post-May3rd addition. Not a guy I'd sign before 5/3, not worth losing a 3rd/4th round pick over, but I'd welcome this addition to the OL. With a better OL, our WR play gets better. Half a second of Lamar looking for an open receiver would drastically improve this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    He was always solid in Pgh. The guy is a pro, and a helluva locker room presence. He could fill in adequately if Stanley gets hurt (or isn't ready), and if his skills have declined at LT - perhaps a move to RT extends the career & he provides either depth or a nice transition to a guy drafted this year. I'd rather have him than Fluker as a swing tackle. He provides a high quality option in the event of injury. And, if we are indeed gonna move Orlando Brown, he's a nice post-May3rd addition. Not a guy I'd sign before 5/3, not worth losing a 3rd/4th round pick over, but I'd welcome this addition to the OL. With a better OL, our WR play gets better. Half a second of Lamar looking for an open receiver would drastically improve this offense.
    Villanueva would be a great depth move at the very least and would be a solid backup in the event of any injuries to the line next year. And if OBJ does get traded, he becomes the most obvious suspect to be the starting RT and hold it down until the next Ravens' RT is drafted.

Which may very well happen this upcoming draft.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    To be fair, steeler fans are harder on their o line than we are on our WRs.

They always complain about their line even when it was one of the best in the nfl. They refused to admit Ben held the ball too long when he was younger
    Yeah, but they weren't one of the best in the NFL last year. They were one of the worst. Their run blocking as a unit was atrocious. How much of that was Allejandro, who knows? I haven't watched film on him or anything, but I'm sure the Ravens have. If they sign him, I'll believe he still has something in the tank.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    It prob wouldn’t. But ...the R isn’t as important as the left. We won games last year with Fluker at RT! Villa is a huge improvement over that. And he’s a leader so whoever ends up at RG will be able to lean on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why not?

Also it’s going to be Zeitler at RG, I don’t think he’ll need leadership to lean on from the RT lol
    Last edited by NjRavensFan; 04-19-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    He was a WR in college, so
    Ravens did say they would be addressing the WR position this year, so....

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    Ravens did say they would be addressing the WR position this year, so....
    John Reglarperson will be in hog heaven. Finally, a huge OT who can double as a red zone target.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Why not?

Also it’s going to be Zeitler at RG, I don’t think he’ll need leadership to lean on from the RT lol
    We have a right handed QB. Right rushers are in his view. If Lamar isn’t smart enough to see a rusher from the right ..he’s no better than Darnold. And we know better than that.

Blog Entries

He's a solid OT.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Would love Villanueva and respect his service to our country

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Would love Villanueva and respect his service to our country
    Beyond his play on the field Villanueva would be tremendous in locker room. When he used to do those USAA commercials I always felt that for once there was a sports celebrity endorsement that actually seemed legitimate. He's the kind of person I think every team would love to have

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    We have a right handed QB. Right rushers are in his view. If Lamar isn’t smart enough to see a rusher from the right ..he’s no better than Darnold. And we know better than that.

Lamar is in the shotgun or pistol every snap. All rushers are in his view. And regardless, if Villanueva still has any strengths it’s pass pro. But I don’t really want to hamper our running game with an aging 6’9 tackle getting blown up at the point of attack. On either side of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Villanueva was a Wide Receiver (not TE, WR) for ARMY.

I remember seeing him catch a TD live on the TV, and was pretty dazzled by that. Probably watching that pushed me a bit toward liking the players with the positional versatility, I've mentioned Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa and Drew Himmelman OT Illinois State like 50+ times here. Both of those guys were HS TE/DE, basketball, baseball pitchers, and then converted to OT in college. I like Villanueva, Brown and Himmelman. Not the same as one is a veteran and the other 2 are potential draft picks. But similar size and skill sets.

You have a distinct writing style.