Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Alejandro Villanueva is visiting the Ravens this week

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post
    Funny, I read a short article by a Pittsburgh guy saying that it would be great for the Steelers if we took Villanueva because it would relieve them of his cost and weaken our OL.

Some of the takes you can find are crazy. I read one that said our two biggest need in the draft are WR and OT, no mention of a possible OBJ trade. Edge rusher was several spots down the “would be nice” list.

It would be interesting to hear other bull goose loony takes about the Ravens people are seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Whoever wrote that is talking complete nonsense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I keep seeing safety as a primary need. Crazy how a small idea snowballs when people try to use Google to assess a team they don't really know.

Regarding Villanueva, won't the Steelers been relieved of his cost regardless of what the Ravens do.

I posted elsewhere that I could picture the Ravens dealing OBj on draft day to a team needing a LT who doesn't fall to them, with the Ravens waiting to see if a player like the RT, Jenkins, is sitting there to be taken with the pick they get back for OBj. But if not, they could still deal him for a couple of later picks, with a deal for Villanueva in the wings to be signed on May 3 if they do end up shipping OBj but not getting a plug and play tackle to replace him.

Options.
    Shas, I see somewhat the same case with Houston. We draft a Pass Rusher early, not necessarily the 1st, the sign Houston May 3rd, and let the new guy develop behind a veteran... Bc

This possibility has already been discussed on here but Josina Anderson is pretty well connected

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...214896130?s=20
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I keep seeing safety as a primary need. Crazy how a small idea snowballs when people try to use Google to assess a team they don't really know.

Regarding Villanueva, won't the Steelers been relieved of his cost regardless of what the Ravens do.

I posted elsewhere that I could picture the Ravens dealing OBj on draft day to a team needing a LT who doesn't fall to them, with the Ravens waiting to see if a player like the RT, Jenkins, is sitting there to be taken with the pick they get back for OBj. But if not, they could still deal him for a couple of later picks, with a deal for Villanueva in the wings to be signed on May 3 if they do end up shipping OBj but not getting a plug and play tackle to replace him.

Options.
    I think the Steelers can getting rid of his cost simply by not re-signing him.

It blew my mind that the guy who said OT was a primary need didn’t couple it with an opinion about whether OBJ would be traded. Unless he’s Stanley’s orthopedist and HIPAA prevents him from delivering bad news.

I mean, OT is a primary need either way. People get really myopic about needs sometimes. Yes, if we keep OBJ and Stanley is healthy, then it’s not a need for 2021 necessarily. But draft picks are here for 4-5 years, and even if we don’t trade him, this is Brown Jr’s last year here. OT is a huge need in 2022. If we draft Jenkins or Leatherwood early and don’t trade Brown Jr, that’s a good “problem” to have in 2021. And if they show promise we have his replacement the next year in-house.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I mean, OT is a primary need either way. People get really myopic about needs sometimes. Yes, if we keep OBJ and Stanley is healthy, then it’s not a need for 2021 necessarily. But draft picks are here for 4-5 years, and even if we don’t trade him, this is Brown Jr’s last year here. OT is a huge need in 2022. If we draft Jenkins or Leatherwood early and don’t trade Brown Jr, that’s a good “problem” to have in 2021. And if they show promise we have his replacement the next year in-house.
    You could make similar arguments about most of the positions on the field. They’re all primary needs.

You could make similar arguments about most of the positions on the field. They’re all primary needs.

What other positions do we have a high-end player that we are guaranteed to not have no later than 2022?

I think the Steelers can getting rid of his cost simply by not re-signing him.
    That's my point. They can save cost by simply not resigning him. What the Ravens do or don't do (or whether anyone else signs him) has no bearing on whether they save money.
    "That's what."
    — She

Yeah I imagine the RT position will be a competition between Villanueva and a rookie.

Blog Entries

SiriusXM NFL just announced that the Ravens are signing Villanueva