Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Quality of the 2021 NFL Draft

Quality > quantity

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Quality > quantity
    That's the opposite of this draft though. Unless you're talking about trading UP. Better get the pick right then.

This top 10-15 is dramatically better than last years. I don’t understand why that isn’t talked about much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    This top 10-15 is dramatically better than last years. I don’t understand why that isn’t talked about much.

Because they might not be. It's very difficult to judge all those players who opted out. Even those who played were playing against teams who had stars who opted out. We'll see if they really are as good as they look in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Because they might not be. It's very difficult to judge all those players who opted out. Even those who played were playing against teams who had stars who opted out. We'll see if they really are as good as they look in a couple of years.
    Ok... so let’s take a look an an opt out player. Jamar Chase. If he was in last year’s draft, he would have been the #1 WR taken and it’s not close. The same could be said of Penei Sewell. Not an opt out guy, but Trevor Lawrence is in the same boat.

Blog Entries

Ok... so let’s take a look an an opt out player. Jamar Chase. If he was in last year’s draft, he would have been the #1 WR taken and it’s not close. The same could be said of Penei Sewell. Not an opt out guy, but Trevor Lawrence is in the same boat.

I can't disagree with any of that and you didn't even mention Kyle Pitts.

I think last year's top was better. Lawrence is overrated (I mean, how could he not be) and I think the QB group in general is overrated (they usually are). Penei Sewell hasn't played in a long time - the OL class is quite a bit deeper but I like last year's top four better. I'm not sure the top WR are better than last year's either. This draft has no answer for Chase Young or Isaiah Simmons, and Jeff Okudah was rated higher than any CB from this class.

I remember some kind of composite score saying this draft was less athletic than last year's which in turn was less athletic than the year before... I wish I could remember so I could post a link.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can't disagree with any of that and you didn't even mention Kyle Pitts.
    Yeah, he probably didn’t need the 2020 season to be a top 5-10 pick either, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I think last year's top was better. Lawrence is overrated (I mean, how could he not be) and I think the QB group in general is overrated (they usually are). Penei Sewell hasn't played in a long time - the OL class is quite a bit deeper but I like last year's top four better. I'm not sure the top WR are better than last year's either. This draft has no answer for Chase Young or Isaiah Simmons, and Jeff Okudah was rated higher than any CB from this class.

I remember some kind of composite score saying this draft was less athletic than last year's which in turn was less athletic than the year before... I wish I could remember so I could post a link.
    Wow.., Yeah Sewell is markedly better than any of those 4 in my mind, differing opinions are allowed however. Heck, Leatherwood had a chance to be the top tackle in last year’s class before going back to school.

I also think all three of the top WR’s are better than any of last year’s not just Chase.

Young and Simmons I will give you, but the top of the draft offense isn’t even close in my book. Surgeon will likely be a better pro than Okudah but that has some hindsight of him not playing so well in the NFL.

Wow.., Yeah Sewell is markedly better than any of those 4 in my mind, differing opinions are allowed however. Heck, Leatherwood had a chance to be the top tackle in last year’s class before going back to school.

I also think all three of the top WR’s are better than any of last year’s not just Chase.

Young and Simmons I will give you, but the top of the draft offense isn’t even close in my book. Surgeon will likely be a better pro than Okudah but that has some hindsight of him not playing so well in the NFL.
    Sewell is almost flawless on tape. I just don't know what to think about all these long layoffs.

Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb vs Chase/Waddle/Smith. Will be interesting to follow. Last year Jefferson ended up being the best rookie (and a record breaking one). Will it be a guy outside the top three this year?

I like defense more than offense so that could be a problem with me - the NFL certainly likes offense better. QBs are the alpha and omega and this class would match up against Herbert, Burrow, and Tagovailoa with two extra shots at it.

I'd say the top 12 is better, that's right. But I would not say the top 25 is better.

The blue chippers are better, but in shorter supply.

It's not talked about here as much.because there is zero chance any of those players make it near pick #27 and we know there is zero chance they give up picks to move up.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'd say the top 12 is better, that's right. But I would not say the top 25 is better.

The blue chippers are better, but in shorter supply.

It's not talked about here as much.because there is zero chance any of those players make it near pick #27 and we know there is zero chance they give up picks to move up.
    Oh absolutely. I did say 10-15 for a reason, so we agree 100%.

And our best chance at a blue chipper is 13/14 in an OBJ trade, but every time one of those picks is mentioned all anyone wants to do is trade back.