Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Culex 2021 NFL Mock Draft - Final Revision

Paye is an alright pick there, but I think the FO takes Leatherwood in that scenario. Our offensive line was just plain horrible last year not to mention the soon departure of Hercules.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

I think Paye is getting pushed up this draft because it's not a great group of edge rushers. He seems to be a what you see is what you get kind of player. The guy will rush the passer with his hand on the ground every time he is on the field. I don't think you can disguise him or use him in different ways like the Ravens did with Suggs for all those years. Paye is very much a player who will play his gap and follow his assignment. There is nothing wrong with that and if he does hit #27 that will be the reason why. It doesn't get me super excited but it would fill a need and I think the bust potential is minor.

Blog Entries

I do not think Atlanta takes a QB

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

4. Re: Culex 2021 NFL Mock Draft - Final Revision

I wouldn't complain with Paye at 27 one bit. He's already a strong run defender so he could play in both the base and sub package. He'll need to be coached up and develop a pass rush arsenal as of his last season at Michigan his pass rush was just about effort more than anything else. The thing is I think he's a very coachable guy and he implements what he's coached (part of the reason why he's a superb run defender).

Now while I'd be happy with Paye there, I'd probably trade back with both him, Collins and Phillips still on the board. EDC has said they want at least one or two more picks, so I'd probably trade back there with 3 edge players there, Leatherwood at Tackle, Marshall at WR. This would be a great trade back scenario.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Now while I'd be happy with Paye there, I'd probably trade back with both him, Collins and Phillips still on the board. EDC has said they want at least one or two more picks, so I'd probably trade back there with 3 edge players there, Leatherwood at Tackle, Marshall at WR. This would be a great trade back scenario.
    I agree with the Wiz. Late 1st round has so many guys rated closely, in several different positions, that a trade back within EDC's radar would be fine. The Ravens would still get a coveted player plus an additional draft choice. A Win - Win if he could pull it off... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I do not think Atlanta takes a QB
    Why not? I think they've got about all they were ever gonna get with Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Why not? I think they've got about all they were ever gonna get with Ryan.
    They are welded to Ryan for 2 more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mel kiper culex jr the gawd!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

This. They have to get 2 more years out of him and he's playing fine. Get him Pitts to pair with those WRs and outscore other teams

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

That's not much left. Atlanta isn't one of those teams that consistently pick in the top 5.

Ryans passer rating was 93 last year with Julio and Ridley that's not good enough

Atlanta takes QB or trades down

Their roster is seriously lacking depth and they have no cap space, they could use more draft picks.

My honest belief is that ATL should trade down netting a 2022 first round pick. This year is a year too early to draft a QB so they should put themselves in a better place to trade up next year if need be, or else kick the can down the road one more year and stash picks again.