Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shootings

1. Re: Mass shootings

[QUOTE=wickedsolo;2081932]Couple of things....

1) The way the US defines "Mass Shootings" is an inaccurate definition. A "Mass Shooting" should be defined as a violent act involving firearms where more than X-number of people are injured/killed/impacted. I don't know what that threshold number should be for the definition, but certainly more than 1 and I would even argue probably more than 5.

Both the FBI and Congress define "mass shooting". It must be a single incident, involve a firearm, and leave 3 people dead, it must be in a public place. The media does appear to label any incident involving multiple victims a mass shooting regardless of the number of victims who has actually died. A great example of this is the recent shooting of 3 people by a 12 year old girl at her school a few days ago, none of which died thankfully.

I also submit to you that the media doesnt report stabbings as mass shootings simply because the victims were not shot. As I said , the term mass shooting would indicate the use of a firearm. As for the fact a number of people may die as a result of shootings in any given city on any given night...they may not qualify as a mass shooting unless an individual incident involves multiple shootings/deaths by gunfire. If multiple people are killed by gunfire in a single incident i would bet it makes news in any city regardless of why the shooting took place.
    Last edited by FloridaBasedFan; 05-07-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Re: Mass shootings

7 people killed at a birthday party in Colorado.....I propose to you that the solution to this is more guns

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    7 people killed at a birthday party in Colorado.....I propose to you that the solution to this is more guns
    How ironic it was cease fire weekend in Baltimore and 7 were shot. Guess taking guns away will mean the bad guys doing their shootings this weekend would he eliminated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    How ironic it was cease fire weekend in Baltimore and 7 were shot. Guess taking guns away will mean the bad guys doing their shootings this weekend would he eliminated?

No that's why I said we need more guns bro

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    No that's why I said we need more guns bro

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    What we need, are less degenerate, immoral, entitled scummy people who don't care about the lives of their neighbors... or in fact anything but themselves.

We create these people, by leading them to believe from very early in life that they are entitled to live at the expense of others. These are the fruits of the entitlement state.

The number of guns, knives, sticks, chains, lead pipes, and razors in the world, will not change this equation.

Blog Entries

3 people killed and 16 injured this weekend in Philly. Don’t hear about that though because it’s Philly, right?

4 people in critical condition after a “mass stabbing” in New Zealand. Guess they should take a page and ban knives too like they did in London.

Dude in NYC opens fire on a bunch of people in Times Square, but that was a Black Guy and doesn’t fit the media’s narrative for Gun control.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    What we need, are less degenerate, immoral, entitled scummy people who don't care about the lives of their neighbors... or in fact anything but themselves.

We create these people, by leading them to believe from very early in life that they are entitled to live at the expense of others. These are the fruits of the entitlement state.

The number of guns, knives, sticks, chains, lead pipes, and razors in the world, will not change this equation.

Why don’t r just ban murder? Oh wait...

This past week you saw armed BLM protestors stopping traffic and they even tackled/disarmed a guy that drew his weapon saying he would shoot the next person that pointed a gun at him. They then kicked/beat him putting him in the hospital with a collapsed lung.

When you see these leftist/marxist "protestors" with guns harassing, instigating trouble and then beating people at gun point while the police do nothing... that's the type of thing to me that will get guns banned.

How, by the way, is that not considered terrorism? It's terrorism.

Some whack job in Woodlawn stabbed one person, shot 3 more AND burned down his house before police shot this turd...and it’s on how many National Networks? I mean all this dude missed was rape ..he had the trifecta, stabbing, shooting and arson!

Band knives, guns and matches?

Blog Entries

Make no mistake about it - the war on police officers has emboldened these mentally ill and violent people.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Make no mistake about it - the war on police officers has emboldened these mentally ill and violent people.
    We are headed to a very bad place with nothing currently stopping it.

Is it sad that Florida is looking like the most sane state right now?