Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shootings

Re: Mass shootings

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    We’re the only one who have the freedom to have armed citizens. It’s not complicated. And for the most part this works perfectly. The shootings and problems are the guns fault. Their not even normal peoples fault. I blame it on the health care system. Or lack there of for mental health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you believe we should have a Medicare for all system then where people can get help without fear of going bankrupt?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Do you believe we should have a Medicare for all system then where people can get help without fear of going bankrupt?

I don’t think that’s the answer.

Mental health in the US is a Dirty Word. No one wants to admit they are deperessed. Sad. Have low self esteem. Especially men. It’s not “manly “ to admit you have a problem you can’t fix. It’s not a lack of available coverage ...it’s a “shame “ factor for using it.

I think this way of thinking is the root of a lot of our issues. Obesity is tied to depression. That leads to a huge list of health issues and with “Medicare for all” that would be a HUGE burden on everyone. We need to educate people that if it’s ok to get a “blue pill “ to make your ding dong work when you’re 80 ...there’s no shame in not feeling mentally well. Some of these “mass shooters” actually have untreated mental illness , multi-personality’s, schizophrenia, and more that I just don’t know the name of.

Lol I love how yall act like Republican ran states are living in utopias lmaoooooo. Like what fantasy world are you living in?

Red states are very very very poor

Give it time. What industry is left had been migrating away from blue states

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I don’t think that’s the answer.

Mental health in the US is a Dirty Word. No one wants to admit they are deperessed. Sad. Have low self esteem. Especially men. It’s not “manly “ to admit you have a problem you can’t fix. It’s not a lack of available coverage ...it’s a “shame “ factor for using it.

I think this way of thinking is the root of a lot of our issues. Obesity is tied to depression. That leads to a huge list of health issues and with “Medicare for all” that would be a HUGE burden on everyone. We need to educate people that if it’s ok to get a “blue pill “ to make your ding dong work when you’re 80 ...there’s no shame in not feeling mentally well. Some of these “mass shooters” actually have untreated mental illness , multi-personality’s, schizophrenia, and more that I just don’t know the name of.

Ok, so if we have many cases of these types of mental illnesses, how are we going to ensure that these people can walk in and get help when needed, especially in poor and undeserved communities?

Ok, so if we have many cases of these types of mental illnesses, how are we going to ensure that these people can walk in and get help when needed, especially in poor and undeserved communities?

Any hospital that takes State and or Federal monies ...has to treat you if you go through the ED. Period.

Any hospital that takes State and or Federal monies ...has to treat you if you go through the ED. Period.

Are psychiatrists and psychologists held to this standard?

And if I'm not mistaken you still have to pay afterwards

They bill you. And if you don’t pay ..oh well. People do it all the time. That’s a small part of why Hospital care cost soo much $$. But the treatment is there. We have the Drs. Just need to educate the people. Kill the stigma.

Not at the same gunpoint as taxes....

As a matter of fact, you know what happens when people don’t pay medical bills? They get written off, that’s it. It’s a collection on your credit but even in large quantities medical debt has little to no effect on ones credit and or viability to receive a loan. And before you go there I have spent the bulk of the past 20 years granting loans to individuals for homes and vehicles. So no, one doesn’t HAVE TO pay ER bills unless they want to.

Are psychiatrists and psychologists held to this standard?

Every hospital has some kind of Psych ward/area. Even public ones like Bon Secures in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Not at the same gunpoint as taxes....

As a matter of fact, you know what happens when people don’t pay medical bills? They get written off, that’s it. It’s a collection on your credit but even in large quantities medical debt has little to no effect on ones credit and or viability to receive a loan. And before you go there I have spent the bulk of the past 20 years granting loans to individuals for homes and vehicles. So no, one doesn’t HAVE TO pay ER bills unless they want to.

Exactly.

Red states are very very very poor

False

There are a considerable number of red states in the top 15 of percent GDP.

And red states occupy 8 of the top 8 states in % GDP growth.