Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shootings

Re: Mass shootings

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, I think there may be an argument that there are a lot of people in this country (race notwithstanding) that are indeed intellectually challenged and are simply incapable of making good decisions for themselves. I think Democrats prey on those people, sure, but I think there are a lot of Democrats that are also operating from a place of altruism. They recognize these people can't function in society and they are trying to find ways to give those people opportunities, quality of life, etc.

I'm not saying what they are doing is working, but I think there are a lot of factors at play here. Altruism...feigned altruism in some cases...sunk cost fallacy....I think all of those things are contributors to how Democrat politicians think about Black America.
    I guess the argument would come down to “who needs help”. When you have an entire party claiming that black people are not capable of getting a photo ID, they are suggesting that an entire race is deficient

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I wasn’t talking about poverty among whites. That would be your racist views that brought that into the conversation. Was talking about how dems treat blacks as slaves. And blacks continue to support this.

Feel free to point out anything you disagree with. But calling someone a racist literally means nothing anymore. You are basically saying “I know, but.......”
    You realize that most blacks have voted Democrat since the Civil Rights era? Think that might have something to do with the Republicans being perfectly happy to let in the Southern Dems that wanted to prevent blacks from being equal?

Republicans are conservative. Conservatism is about keeping things the same. Democrats are progressive. Progressivity is about change. Is it at all surprising that black people have not wanted things to stay the same in this country?

Quote Originally Posted by yellajacket20 View Post
    You realize that most blacks have voted Democrat since the Civil Rights era? Think that might have something to do with the Republicans being perfectly happy to let in the Southern Dems that wanted to prevent blacks from being equal?

Republicans are conservative. Conservatism is about keeping things the same. Democrats are progressive. Progressivity is about change. Is it at all surprising that black people have not wanted things to stay the same in this country?
    This is why we can't have nice things. Conservatives today by and large according to pew research embrace classical liberalism. Liberalism today is far more selective with an in group bias that outranks the modern "right", Haidt's entire research was to uncover this phenomena.

There is a reason more liberal leaning individuals have mental illness 38% vs the 15% reported by conservative individuals. Haidt's "righteous mind" explores how the left's in group bias doesn't allow for dissention or even distinction on certain platitudes or ideas.

I'm sure everyone would agree modern conservativism (which is really more libertarianism lite) is closer to John Stuart Mill than anything on the modern left which we could agree is edging closer to Jean-Paul Sartre.

First of all, that is a false narrative that the racist dems moved to the gop during the civil rights fight. The gop was for civil right, the dems were against it. One senator switched parties. Just one.

And as for keeping things the same. That is what the blacks continue to vote for. Poverty and slavery. Dems keep telling us how stupid blacks are. And blacks keep voting for the people calling them stupid and incapable

You should look at who voted in the house and senate for civil rights and not just who was president and check out who was trying to filibuster. I guess civil right republicans just poof....disappeared replaced by southern democrats. Complete ideology change I tell ya. What change are the progressives bringing? Higher taxes and more govt run social programs?

Fed Ex shooter looks like Rose Namajunas, lol.

Last edited by BustOfPallas; 04-16-2021 at 10:30 PM.

I wasn’t talking about poverty among whites. That would be your racist views that brought that into the conversation. Was talking about how dems treat blacks as slaves. And blacks continue to support this.

Feel free to point out anything you disagree with. But calling someone a racist literally means nothing anymore. You are basically saying “I know, but.......”
    As bad as establishment democrats are, if rather pay taxes and get something than pay taxes and get nothing. If it was up to Republicans, every state would be Kentucky and West Virginia....ewewww

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

First of all, that is a false narrative that the racist dems moved to the gop during the civil rights fight. The gop was for civil right, the dems were against it. One senator switched parties. Just one.

And as for keeping things the same. That is what the blacks continue to vote for. Poverty and slavery. Dems keep telling us how stupid blacks are. And blacks keep voting for the people calling them stupid and incapable
    Lol I love how yall act like Republican ran states are living in utopias lmaoooooo. Like what fantasy world are you living in?

Red states are very very very poor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Fed Ex shooter looks like Rose Namajunas, lol.

And was apparently reported to law enforcement several times.

Once again, no one did anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Why is this the only nation with mass shootings like this?

Kid was determined “mentally unstable “. Was on Suicide watch after it was found he wanted “death by police”. And yet ...he still found a way to get a rifle and kill innocent people.

Mental health issues in this country are a JOKE.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Why is this the only nation with mass shootings like this?

We’re the only one who have the freedom to have armed citizens. It’s not complicated. And for the most part this works perfectly. The shootings and problems are the guns fault. Their not even normal peoples fault. I blame it on the health care system. Or lack there of for mental health.