Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 258
  1. #49

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    All purposeful human action.... each and every solitary thing that we do... is motivated by the desire to please the self.

    This is true, even for apparently deferential, sacrificial, or altruisitc acts.

    This is of course also true for our desire to acquire wealth. Some of us more motivated in this regard, and some less so. But we all act in accordance with our values to do that which we find most pleasing to the self at the time we choose to act.

    In short, all morally justifiable human economic action is motivated by the desire please the self as well. We trade to gain some perceived advantage. And that need not be monetary (although more often than not it is). We might choose to forego our own personal enrichment in deference to an aim we place a greater value upon... perhaps a child's education (if we have good values)... or perhaps another day at the track betting the harness races (if your value system has a different center).

    But the fact is... all of us are motivated by the desire to enrich the self. To gain pleasure-standing... by greed.

    What we commonly call "greed" today... is simply a term of envy applied to those who placed a greater value on money than on other things (or whose family before them did). But a free society does not begrudge someone the achievement of their goals... provided that achievement does not violate the rights of others.





  2. #50

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Look. I’m not doing this ...Again. You guys are perfectly fine with the brass making handfuls of money and paying the workers as little as they can get away with. That’s fine. Enjoy yourself.

    Again ...I know all business is about profit. But does the CEO really EARN 100+ % more than the average worker for that company? If you think they do ...well as they say in the South ...”Bless your Heart”.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, because we can have a Rhesus monkey do what most union guys do.
    Last edited by darb72; 04-19-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, ďHi Iím Ben may I have a drink please?Ē
    ProFootballMock





  3. #51

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yes, because we can have a retarded monkey do what most union guys do.
    Hey hey hey. You can’t say retarted. I think “monkey” would have sufficed





  4. #52

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Hey hey hey. You can’t say retarted. I think “monkey” would have sufficed
    I felt there needed to be some differentiation. If I had said "knuckle-dragging primate more concerned with sticking a finger up its own ass than accomplishing anything", would anybody have been able to determine if I was talking about a monkey or a union rep?

    And yet, after carefully considering your point of view, I have decided to amend my original statement. There were numerous adjectives available but each presented their own problems.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, ďHi Iím Ben may I have a drink please?Ē
    ProFootballMock





  5. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    12,438

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yes, because we can have a Rhesus monkey do what most union guys do.
    You know ...itís a good thing your soo damn smart and make soo much money cause I doubt you could do my job for one minute. Youíve prob never worked hard a day in you life.

    Your kind looks down on skilled labor like weíre less than you. Great. I love it that way. When you AC breaks down ...I doubt you can fix it. When you water heater blows...I doubt you fix it. And lord forbid you have a gas leak. But yeah. They teach retards to do my profession.


    Guess itís true what the old saying is ....

    Those that Can ...Do.
    Those that Canít ....Teach.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  6. #54

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You know ...it’s a good thing your soo damn smart and make soo much money cause I doubt you could do my job for one minute. You’ve prob never worked hard a day in you life.

    Your kind looks down on skilled labor like we’re less than you. Great. I love it that way. When you AC breaks down ...I doubt you can fix it. When you water heater blows...I doubt you fix it. And lord forbid you have a gas leak. But yeah. They teach retards to do my profession.


    Guess it’s true what the old saying is ....

    Those that Can ...Do.
    Those that Can’t ....Teach.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well done. Spoken like a true liberal that thinks no one else in the world is capable of their skills.





  7. #55

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You know ...it’s a good thing your soo damn smart and make soo much money cause I doubt you could do my job for one minute. You’ve prob never worked hard a day in you life.

    Your kind looks down on skilled labor like we’re less than you. Great. I love it that way. When you AC breaks down ...I doubt you can fix it. When you water heater blows...I doubt you fix it. And lord forbid you have a gas leak. But yeah. They teach retards to do my profession.


    Guess it’s true what the old saying is ....

    Those that Can ...Do.
    Those that Can’t ....Teach.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, never worked on the family farm at all.

    It is interesting that while I specifically said union, you went with the umbrella term of "skilled labor". You do realize that people who aren't in unions can also be considered skilled laborers, right? Pretty telling about your attitude. As for me looking down on skilled labor, nothing could be further from the truth. I look down on you, personally, and unions, in general, because both of you advocate for the theft of wages.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, ďHi Iím Ben may I have a drink please?Ē
    ProFootballMock





  8. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    12,438

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Well done. Spoken like a true liberal that thinks no one else in the world is capable of their skills.
    I didnít put anyone down. Never said any retarded monkey can be a Professor. I went to 5 yrs of school just like you college boys. Just my path got me working and earning faster.

    Tell ya what. ....Go sit for the MD HVAC/R and or Plumbing/gassfitters Master test. Pass and Iíll pay for the cost of both. Hell Iíll even sign for your hours. Shouldnít be a problem since any retarded monkey can do it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  9. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    12,438

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yep, never worked on the family farm at all.

    It is interesting that while I specifically said union, you went with the umbrella term of "skilled labor". You do realize that people who aren't in unions can also be considered skilled laborers, right? Pretty telling about your attitude. As for me looking down on skilled labor, nothing could be further from the truth. I look down on you, personally, and unions, in general, because both of you advocate for the theft of wages.
    Right. Because itís theft of wages to wanna make a good living , having been to school and be highly trained. Thatís why you turn down fellowships and raises at work. Because you went to school for Fun. No pay needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  10. #58

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You know ...itís a good thing your soo damn smart and make soo much money cause I doubt you could do my job for one minute. Youíve prob never worked hard a day in you life.

    Your kind looks down on skilled labor like weíre less than you. Great. I love it that way. When you AC breaks down ...I doubt you can fix it. When you water heater blows...I doubt you fix it. And lord forbid you have a gas leak. But yeah. They teach retards to do my profession.


    Guess itís true what the old saying is ....

    Those that Can ...Do.
    Those that Canít ....Teach.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lax man I highly doubt anyone of us would look down on what you do. I routinely advocate for trades versus 100k of debt for gender studies bs. AND as the resident economist blue collar work is needed.

    I highly doubt any of us are at odds on this, I think this is a division that shouldn't be needed between working groups.





  11. #59

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yep, never worked on the family farm at all.

    It is interesting that while I specifically said union, you went with the umbrella term of "skilled labor". You do realize that people who aren't in unions can also be considered skilled laborers, right? Pretty telling about your attitude. As for me looking down on skilled labor, nothing could be further from the truth. I look down on you, personally, and unions, in general, because both of you advocate for the theft of wages.
    The real issue with labor unions today is obviously bloat, imagine that. But worse off is pension funds, which are never liquid and will always syphon from the labor market and then there is the obvious wages outside of equilibrium issue which naturally alters pricing and labor supply.





  12. #60

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I didn’t put anyone down. Never said any retarded monkey can be a Professor. I went to 5 yrs of school just like you college boys. Just my path got me working and earning faster.

    Tell ya what. ....Go sit for the MD HVAC/R and or Plumbing/gassfitters Master test. Pass and I’ll pay for the cost of both. Hell I’ll even sign for your hours. Shouldn’t be a problem since any retarded monkey can do it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What makes you think I haven’t passed it? Or that I couldn’t pass it.

    Let’s be real. Not all electricians are geniuses just because they are union. I just had a 240 car charger installed. The first electrician wanted to connect copper to aluminum. The next wanted to pull out all the aluminum wire. It was the third electrician that I called, that knew how to make the connection.

    So a dumb college jock like me, seems to have more electrical knowledge than 2/3 (that’s more than a majority) of the electricians I called.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site