Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I want to think the idea is to spread people around so the benes of living near wealth "trickle down" like safer areas and better schools etc..

We talk about how to help poor kids/people in the city... move them to the suburbs. That kind of forces the issue.

We already create housing/zoning to try to accomodate people of all income levels. I know montgomery county does that.

Federally mandated Suburb busting though to achieve a racio-economic balance seems to me like it will be wielded purely politically and is an over-reach.

It will be funny though to see Democratic suburban women in place like Norther Virginia freak out, lol. I think they'll do it in a way to get the districts that vote republican though. OF COURSE it will be done politically based. It will be like gerry mandering except instead of drawing lines to fit people they will move people to achieve a political aim. Disgusting.

Let's face it, that's what this is about. Take those dense blue dots and move them into red or purple areas to make them blue.

Again, disgusting over-reach.
    Md already did this back in the late 80’s /90’s.

MTO. Moving To Opportunity.

Basically they blew up high rise ghettos ( Murphy Homes) downtown and moved those residents to the counties. A lot went to Dundalk/Essex/White Marsh. Some went over to the West Side. They even built some housing for this in HAzzard county along RT.40.

Good for those city people and kids I guess ..not so much for the established neighborhoods they moved to. Seems to have had the opposite effect ..brought down the surrounding areas instead of bringing up the city folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Md already did this back in the late 80’s /90’s.

MTO. Moving To Opportunity.

Basically they blew up high rise ghettos ( Murphy Homes) downtown and moved those residents to the counties. A lot went to Dundalk/Essex/White Marsh. Some went over to the West Side. They even built some housing for this in HAzzard county along RT.40.

Good for those city people and kids I guess ..not so much for the established neighborhoods they moved to. Seems to have had the opposite effect ..brought down the surrounding areas instead of bringing up the city folks.

I can't remember exactly but thought you said you were from Dundalk. What's Dundalk like? I remember visiting the Ford plant there for my robotics class at UMD. That one's gone I'm sure.

I can't remember exactly but thought you said you were from Dundalk. What's Dundalk like? I remember visiting the Ford plant there for my robotics class at UMD. That one's gone I'm sure.
    Back then it was a working class/blue collar neighborhood. Most of the men worked at Beth Steel mill or GM plant. Lots of manufacturing jobs. It was a mildly mixed area. Kinda weird in that we actually had like “black “ parts of town. Whole neighborhoods. But we all went tit school together and our parents worked together.

MTO came about the time the steel mill closed and shortly after GM left. So can’t blame the demise of the area on MTO but it helped. Now it’s basically an extension of Balto City. White trash and most live at or just above the poverty line.

Back then it was a working class/blue collar neighborhood. Most of the men worked at Beth Steel mill or GM plant. Lots of manufacturing jobs. It was a mildly mixed area. Kinda weird in that we actually had like “black “ parts of town. Whole neighborhoods. But we all went tit school together and our parents worked together.

MTO came about the time the steel mill closed and shortly after GM left. So can’t blame the demise of the area on MTO but it helped. Now it’s basically an extension of Balto City. White trash and most live at or just above the poverty line.

So essentially race relations/racial harmony were better when we had more factory jobs, which are now all in Mexico and China and Trump was fighting to keep those jobs in the US but he was the bad Orange racist man.... got it.

Does anyone not think the one thing that gets the communists in China to sit bolt upright in fear at night in their beds is a world where leaders realized that their own peoples well being was more important than pumping up their corporations with cheap labor and a steady abundant stream of cheap crap from jeff bezos to keep the masses happy?

This goes back to another post I made today about meaningful, dignified toil. Our working class parents should be working together making things and earning a good wage/living instead of being pitted against each other by a corporate media in the thrall of the evil communist fucks in china that are shipping us fentanyl, cheap crap, cheap good etc.. They love it that some stupid marxist bitch is preaching that we hate each other while buying her family millions in homes all over the world.

Wake up people. You are being played.

So essentially race relations/racial harmony were better when we had more factory jobs, which are now all in Mexico and China and Trump was fighting to keep those jobs in the US but he was the bad Orange racist man.... got it.

Does anyone not think the one thing that gets the communists in China to sit bolt upright in fear at night in their beds is a world where leaders realized that their own peoples well being was more important than pumping up their corporations with cheap labor and a steady abundant stream of cheap crap from jeff bezos to keep the masses happy?

This goes back to another post I made today about meaningful, dignified toil. Our working class parents should be working together making things and earning a good wage/living instead of being pitted against each other by a corporate media in the thrall of the evil communist fucks in china that are shipping us fentanyl, cheap crap, cheap good etc.. They love it that some stupid marxist bitch is preaching that we hate each other while buying her family millions in homes all over the world.

True except you forgot one BIG thing about those Blue Collar Factory jobs that everyone had ...they were Union! All of them. Beth Steel, GM, Lever Brothers. All Union. And all Gone. Just like the successful neighborhoods that were built around them. Dad made enough that mom could be a mom. Most moms in my neighborhoods only worked part time or had school hour jobs.

You can’t find that now. And Trump nor Anyone else is bringing it back. Why?? Greed! Why would a company wanna pay an American good wages , good benefits, have a “safe” place to work when they can just move to India or China and build it for pennies and use an unending labor force that has no rights.

True except you forgot one BIG thing about those Blue Collar Factory jobs that everyone had ...they were Union! All of them. Beth Steel, GM, Lever Brothers. All Union. And all Gone. Just like the successful neighborhoods that were built around them. Dad made enough that mom could be a mom. Most moms in my neighborhoods only worked part time or had school hour jobs.

You can’t find that now. And Trump nor Anyone else is bringing it back. Why?? Greed! Why would a company wanna pay an American good wages , good benefits, have a “safe” place to work when they can just move to India or China and build it for pennies and use an unending labor force that has no rights.

I believe the US head start at the end of ww2 allowed us to have unions demaninding good wages and not worry about being competitive. I wish I knew how we could have our cake and eat it too in today's global economy. Be nice if all our working class folks were working together at good paying stable jobs.

Imagine the unrest in China and the threat to their government if their manufacturing economy contracted like ours did. Some smart person needs to figure out how we can make stuff here again. I'm just a dumb engineer though. I couldn't "econimist" my way out of a wet paper bag.

I believe the US head start at the end of ww2 allowed us to have unions demaninding good wages and not worry about being competitive. I wish I knew how we could have our cake and eat it too in today's global economy. Be nice if all our working class folks were working together at good paying stable jobs.

Imagine the unrest in China and the threat to their government if their manufacturing economy contracted like ours did. Some smart person needs to figure out how we can make stuff here again. I'm just a dumb engineer though. I couldn't "econimist" my way out of a wet paper bag.
    I feel ya. Thing is ...as a Union guy..I think there is a lot of room for negotiations when it comes to US manufacturing. Admittedly a lot of Unions have a lot of “bloat”. Unnecessary overhead and or “benifits “.

If we sat down and legit negotiated..I think we’d prosper.

Look at Toyota or Subaru. They pay about half the UAW package but still sell their cars/trucks for the same basic price as Ford/Chevy /Dodge. Basically same product , built less expensive, and make more profit.
    So to beat this ...negotiate better with the Union , shave some overhead fat and maybe charge a lower price and ...Boom! They’d be selling like doughnuts.

But that’s just my thought.

Very true about everything but they are gone cuz of bad trade deals and cheaper made products overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post

Very true about everything but they are gone cuz of bad trade deals and cheaper made products overseas.
    Yes. But the “cheaper made products “ are a result of greed.

I mean I get it. All business is for Profit. But at what cost do you chance that profit?

Yes. But the “cheaper made products “ are a result of greed.

I mean I get it. All business is for Profit. But at what cost do you chance that profit?

Definitely greed. I didn't quite understand your question but it's up to the consumer. Corporate tax should not be raised but lowered to 10-15% and paid at a flat rate (states can give tax breaks). NAFTA got overturned but more time was needed to deal with China. The exports is the key which would lower american products in house and keep a strong labor force. Right now we're watching Biden wanting to raise the tax to 28% and has opened the border which provides cheaper labor (agriculture/services/construction) but yet unions keep supporting guys like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Definitely greed. I didn't quite understand your question but it's up to the consumer. Corporate tax should not be raised but lowered to 10-15% and paid at a flat rate (states can give tax breaks). NAFTA got overturned but more time was needed to deal with China. The exports is the key which would lower american products in house and keep a strong labor force. Right now we're watching Biden wanting to raise the tax to 28% and has opened the border which provides cheaper labor (agriculture/services/construction) but yet unions keep supporting guys like this.
    Yup. If I had one complaint with being Union ..it’s their support of Dems. Good lord. Even after hearing these asshats talk ..they still blindly support them. Because ...they ( Dems) lie and promise all kinds of work that just ain’t gonna happen.

Yup. If I had one complaint with being Union ..it’s their support of Dems. Good lord. Even after hearing these asshats talk ..they still blindly support them. Because ...they ( Dems) lie and promise all kinds of work that just ain’t gonna happen.

Damn bro.