Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    First ...Marriage/Civil Union. Words. That’s all they are. If you get Married at the court house are you less married than if it was a church ceremony? I know divorce from said court house marriage cost the same.

If a church , any church doesn’t wanna marry anyone , be it gay , different religion , whatever ...that’s their right. But to make it illegal for a same sex marriage is ridiculous. Why can gay people be unhappy like us heterosexuals?

And yes mostly it’s for the “Ben roof being married but ...a married gay couple can also adopt some of those “unwanted pregnancies “. And they’d have a 2 parent home. That’s Very Conservative! Not Christian because it’s not a man /woman. But still a founding idea of Conservatives ..the two parent house.

As far as Abortion...well that’s an argument for another place because this place is firmly set in their ways. Not really worth discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

First ...Marriage/Civil Union. Words. That’s all they are. If you get Married at the court house are you less married than if it was a church ceremony? I know divorce from said court house marriage cost the same.

If a church , any church doesn’t wanna marry anyone , be it gay , different religion , whatever ...that’s their right. But to make it illegal for a same sex marriage is ridiculous. Why can gay people be unhappy like us heterosexuals?

a married gay couple can also adopt some of those “unwanted pregnancies “. And they’d have a 2 parent home. That’s Very Conservative! Not Christian because it’s not a man /woman. But still a founding idea of Conservatives ..the two parent house.

As far as Abortion...well that’s an argument for another place because this place is firmly set in their ways. Not really worth discussion.

Not even sure if you are arguing a point

Churches were fighting to be allowed to marry who they want. It was the gov that was forcing churches to marry anyone.
    And it is the gov that forced the word “marriage” in the courthouse”.

A religious marriage must be performed by the rules of the church. Going to the courthouse after, to get a marriage license, is just for the govs records. Has nothing to do with the church.

The gov hijacked the term marriage and now the gov wants to control how churches preach.

This entire process is just gov trying to tear apart religion and divide people. If it was about rights and privileges, then the government would stop issuing marriage license and call them civil union licenses. Then the gov would transfer all marriage benefits to the term civil union. Everyone would have been happy. Well, everyone except those trying to destroy religion.

a married gay couple can also adopt some of those “unwanted pregnancies “. And they’d have a 2 parent home. That’s Very Conservative! Not Christian because it’s not a man /woman. But still a founding idea of Conservatives ..the two parent house.

Its like you didn’t read what i wrote at all. You are argung that gay marriage rights is by the govt, a point that i made.
    You if course dodged the abortion point because, well you really cannot rebut the point

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Its like you didn’t read what i wrote at all. You are argung that gay marriage rights is by the govt, a point that i made.
    You if course dodged the abortion point because, well you really cannot rebut the point
    I didn’t dodge anything. Why rehash an argument that won’t have an end? You Pro-life guys only see your view and I’m not changing mine. No need for conversation about it. NC has posted about every piece of information that’s out about Abortion and when life begins. Didnt change my mind then ....won’t now.

Why should gay marriage be an issue is my point.

Marriage is a word. It means the exact same same as Civil Union. When you buy your license to do either ...it says Marriage License!

I’m 100% behind any church that doesn’t want to preform a same sex marriage. That is their right and religious freedom. But two dudes or two broads who go to the Courthouse and get hitched ...are just as Married as you or I. Legally. They should be afforded that same benefits we are by being married.

I didn’t dodge anything. Why rehash an argument that won’t have an end?

Why did you bring it up at all then? Why did you mischaracterize the argument?

Why should gay marriage be an issue is my point.

Marriage is a word. It means the exact same same as Civil Union. When you buy your license to do either ...it says Marriage License!

I’m 100% behind any church that doesn’t want to preform a same sex marriage. That is their right and religious freedom. But two dudes or two broads who go to the Courthouse and get hitched ...are just as Married as you or I. Legally. They should be afforded that same benefits we are by being married.

Well to bring it back to my original point, it gives people rights. And i know you cant seem to grasp it, those rights were given for reasons. Many of which dont apply to ‘gay marriage’.

Well to bring it back to my original point, it gives people rights. And i know you cant seem to grasp it, those rights were given for reasons. Many of which dont apply to ‘gay marriage’.
    What “rights” would a hetero married couple have that a gay couple shouldn’t/ can’t have? Maybe I’m missing something.

Why did you bring it up at all then? Why did you mischaracterize the argument?
    I didn’t. I quoted and posted a post by Terps that mentioned abortion and who you sleep with as not fitting the Conservative stance of “we don’t care what you do , just don’t force us to do it “.

What “rights” would a hetero married couple have that a gay couple shouldn’t/ can’t have? Maybe I’m missing something.

Social security spousal benefits. Any type of retirement fund first rights.

I didn’t. I quoted and posted a post by Terps that mentioned abortion and who you sleep with as not fitting the Conservative stance of “we don’t care what you do , just don’t force us to do it “.

And yet you had to throw it out there with your back handed shot at christans. When pointed out to you that life-is a consideration, well then its not important cuz you aint changing your mind. But when you think its valid as a criticism of Christians, well then its ok to comment on

And yet you had to throw it out there with your back handed shot at christans. When pointed out to you that life-is a consideration, well then its not important cuz you aint changing your mind. But when you think its valid as a criticism of Christians, well then its ok to comment on
    Simply pointed out that the Conservatives dont “care what you do or how you act “ and that’s because of their Christian beliefs.

I know lots of true Conservatives that don’t give two shits about gay marriage and are actually pro-choice. So it’s not All Conservatives. Although that is how it’s spelled out down here and in the media.

Hell I’d venture there are a lot of Dems that are Anti-Abortion. Just not the ones in Office.

Social security spousal benefits. Any type of retirement fund first rights.
    That’s just your personal prejudice against gays. If you are “legally” married why does it matter to who as far as these benefits? It’s not like it’s Your money. Why shouldn’t your legal spouse get your benefits?