Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
Results 133 to 144 of 258
  1. #133
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    12,355

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Not even your Royal Farms Coffee?!

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Lol. Only when traveling. I drink Black Rifle at home.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  2. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    12,584

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I read the post you sent. Now .....since Iím just a Retarded Monkey ...maybe one of you Big Brained Conservatives can actually highlight the part of the Pro-Act that says All Will Join A Union. That everyone will be forced to join a Union. Convenient store workers , bus boys , lawyers, Doctors ...everyone is gonna be Forced to join a Union. Please highlight this part of the bill because Iíve read it several times and I can only find were it pertAins to Right to Work States and also to existing Union Negotiated companies in those particular states.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Big Brained Conservative" - isn't that an oxymoron?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh





  3. #135

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I read the post you sent. Now .....since Iím just a Retarded Monkey ...maybe one of you Big Brained Conservatives can actually highlight the part of the Pro-Act that says All Will Join A Union. That everyone will be forced to join a Union. Convenient store workers , bus boys , lawyers, Doctors ...everyone is gonna be Forced to join a Union. Please highlight this part of the bill because Iíve read it several times and I can only find were it pertAins to Right to Work States and also to existing Union Negotiated companies in those particular states.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The PRO Act would allow unions to override such laws and collect dues from those who opt out, in order to cover the cost of collective bargaining and administration of the contract."
    https://www.npr.org/2021/03/09/97525...nizing-efforts

    "For independent contractors, the Act implements the ďABCĒ test. To be classified as an independent contractor, the ABC test would require that a worker be free from the purported employerís control, operate outside the typical course of the purported employerís business, and be customarily engaged in an independent trade. With this test, the NLRA would likely cover gig workers, such as Lyft drivers and Instacart shoppers."
    https://www.natlawreview.com/article...ture-labor-law

    So it forces non-union members to pay union dues while simultaneously cramming independent contractors into the definition of employees.

    And nobody thinks you're a retarded monkey. I won't disagree that you have roughly the same IQ as the average chimpanzee, but they're apes and loveable.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, ďHi Iím Ben may I have a drink please?Ē
    ProFootballMock





  4. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    9,679

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Ok. Great. Thanks for actually answering.
    Now obvious there arenít any Professor Unions. But I was curious about the cost of benefits since Iíve never paid for them.

    So you pay $500 a month. Iím guessing after taxes?
    Now typical Union dues are 2 1/2 times your hourly rate a week.
    So if your hourly is $30 ..weekly dues out of your check is $45. 45* 4= $180? Usually there is a monthly International Dues charge ...around $50. So $180+ $50= $230. Total a month for dues. Before taxes by the way.

    Thatís what it ďcost ď a Union employee a month for Benefits. Thatís health, vision, dental, pension, annuity ,and whatever else is in their package. Thereís no extra outa pocket for any of them. The only benefit members pay for outa pocket is a 401K because itís voluntary.

    So using what you pay a month as the average ...a Union member pays half and gets more. So if this is a job to job comparison ...factory A vs factory B since the person has chosen to work at a Unionized shop ...they arnt just getting the better pay , but the better benefits also. Why shouldnít they pay for them? You pay for yours. Why should these people be any different than you?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually, the professors at the college my mom used to teach at did have a union.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk





  5. #137

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    "Big Brained Conservative" - isn't that an oxymoron?
    Yes, Hayek was an idiot and Krugman is a genius, glances at Japan stagflation, 2008, student loan debt, etc....





  6. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    12,355

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    "The PRO Act would allow unions to override such laws and collect dues from those who opt out, in order to cover the cost of collective bargaining and administration of the contract."
    https://www.npr.org/2021/03/09/97525...nizing-efforts

    "For independent contractors, the Act implements the ďABCĒ test. To be classified as an independent contractor, the ABC test would require that a worker be free from the purported employerís control, operate outside the typical course of the purported employerís business, and be customarily engaged in an independent trade. With this test, the NLRA would likely cover gig workers, such as Lyft drivers and Instacart shoppers."
    https://www.natlawreview.com/article...ture-labor-law

    So it forces non-union members to pay union dues while simultaneously cramming independent contractors into the definition of employees.

    And nobody thinks you're a retarded monkey. I won't disagree that you have roughly the same IQ as the average chimpanzee, but they're apes and loveable.
    Ok. But unless Iím reading it wrong ...all that applies to Right to Work states.

    Basically the bill seeks to overturn Right to Work. Make every State an At Will state.

    Now in RTW states this bill will ďforceĒ every employee of a Unionized company to join said Union. But they can leave that company and not pay shit. Go work for a Non Union company.

    This bill doesnít apply to ALL jobs either. Just to the ones that are or become Unionized.


    And for the record , while Iím Not a fan of RTW , Iím not a supporter of the Pro -Act either. If ( and I think it is ) RTW is a problem , Federal Government laws arenít the answer. These states voted and chose to be RTW ....so be it. Any Unions that operate in RTW know this and need to come up with a way to handle it. Put language in the next /future contracts addressing this. Limit the benefits that ďNon payersĒ get from the Union and have the Company offer those benefits. Thereís lots of ways around rules , using the Corrupt Fed isnít the answer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  7. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    12,355

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    And as far as the Pro-Act goes ...itís really not an issue. I donít see anyway it passes. Why would the Reps and Senators from the 27 RTW states vote to basically reverse what their citizens voted in? Unions donít have enough $$ to buy that many votes anymore.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  8. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    12,355

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Actually, the professors at the college my mom used to teach at did have a union.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Thatís different. Never heard of that. Interesting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  9. #141

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Any Unions that operate in RTW know this and need to come up with a way to handle it. Put language in the next /future contracts addressing this. Limit the benefits that ďNon payersĒ get from the Union and have the Company offer those benefits. Thereís lots of ways around rules , using the Corrupt Fed isnít the answer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The company is providing all those benefits not the union.





  10. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    8,458

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Now in RTW states this bill will “force” every employee of a Unionized company to join said Union. But they can leave that company and not pay shit. Go work for a Non Union company.
    How is it this is okay with you?

    Suppose a guy has 28 years in and needs two more for the pension but now he is forced to join a union or lose all of that? Bullshit.

    Suppose a guy has 15 years in and seniority that lets him pick his schedule but doesn't want to join a union?

    Suppose a guy is making $40/hour because of his hard work and promotions but doesn't want to join?

    Suppose there are no jobs in the area like the job he has now or none that pay anything close?

    I don't get upset often about stuff but your sanctimonious "just get another job" is part and parcel of you leftist fascists and is infuriating. Shove it.





  11. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    12,355

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How is it this is okay with you?

    Suppose a guy has 28 years in and needs two more for the pension but now he is forced to join a union or lose all of that? Bullshit.

    Suppose a guy has 15 years in and seniority that lets him pick his schedule but doesn't want to join a union?

    Suppose a guy is making $40/hour because of his hard work and promotions but doesn't want to join?

    Suppose there are no jobs in the area like the job he has now or none that pay anything close?

    I don't get upset often about stuff but your sanctimonious "just get another job" is part and parcel of you leftist fascists and is infuriating. Shove it.
    Damn dude. Clearly you didnít read my whole post. Iím NOT for the Pro-Act. Period.

    Iím also not ok with RTW but I donít live in a RTW so I donít care about it that much. I said I believe the Pro -Act is bullshit and it only seeks to over turn RTW. The people of the 27 RTW states voted that in. Itís their choice. So be it. The Fed has no right to change that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  12. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    12,355

    Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How is it this is okay with you?

    Suppose a guy has 28 years in and needs two more for the pension but now he is forced to join a union or lose all of that? Bullshit.

    Suppose a guy has 15 years in and seniority that lets him pick his schedule but doesn't want to join a union?

    Suppose a guy is making $40/hour because of his hard work and promotions but doesn't want to join?

    Suppose there are no jobs in the area like the job he has now or none that pay anything close?

    I don't get upset often about stuff but your sanctimonious "just get another job" is part and parcel of you leftist fascists and is infuriating. Shove it.
    As far as ď being ok ď with people who willingly work for a Unionized company to get better benefits and pay but willfully hide behind RTW laws so as to escape paying for those benefits and pay ...I think thatís Ridiculous. You went to that job knowing it was Union. Pay your dues and enjoy the benefits of collective bargaining.

    But since the people voted to be RTW itís not even a people issue ...itís a Union issue. They need to fix it. They know these states have become RTW. People are gonna opt out and still reap the benefits. Thatís the deal. Either deal with that or close up shop and leave that state.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site