Page 1 of 22 123 ... LastLast

Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

Apparently this was attempted under Obama as well although this time it's being called "infrastructure"... just another tactic to show just how dishonest Democrats have to be in cramming their "we know what's best for you" unpopular and tried before and failed ideas on us. Just call it something else and when people attack it then pretend they are attacking the phony label instead of the thing itself.

I think in establishing federal zoning authority to "engineer" the suburbs they will be looking at demographics to determine where to put said subsidized, dense housing.

This would be like looking at nice affluent black neighborhoods in PG, of which there are many, and saying there are not enough white/poor/<category x> people here and enacting federally directed zoning to dilute those neighborhoods concentration of African Americans to reflect some statistical measure which would of course be completely obnoxious and wrong but that's the logic of it from what I can tell.

I think above anything else people of some means will choose to live in an area where they are surrounded by others of similar level of education and wealth. Usually you choose the best you can afford in terms of that. While I think for some people race might be a factor, I think socio economic status is more of a must have and certainly the federal government should have no say in how communities choose their zoning.

This is that whole "elites" vs commoners thing as I'm certain that these people are not going to be worrying about their neighborhoods having a seedy stick built condo community plopped down across the street from their homes. It's the height of obnoxious invasiveness.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 04-15-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Re: Democrats trying to socially engineer the suburbs with "Infrastructure"

So they are going to make the rich people move again? That’s all that will happen. The rich will move away, and the area will become the next ghetto. It’s what always happens. I remember hearing about Randallstown being a nice Jewish community...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Apparently this was attempted under Obama as well although this time it's being called "infrastructure"... just another tactic to show just how dishonest Democrats have to be in cramming their "we know what's best for you" unpopular and tried before and failed ideas on us. Just call it something else and when people attack it then pretend they are attacking the phony label instead of the thing itself.

I think in establishing federal zoning authority to "engineer" the suburbs they will be looking at demographics to determine where to put said subsidized, dense housing.

This would be like looking at nice affluent black neighborhoods in PG, of which there are many, and saying there are not enough white/poor/<category x> people here and enacting federally directed zoning to dilute those neighborhoods concentration of African Americans to reflect some statistical measure which would of course be completely obnoxious and wrong but that's the logic of it from what I can tell.

I think above anything else people of some means will choose to live in an area where they are surrounded by others of similar level of education and wealth. Usually you choose the best you can afford in terms of that. While I think for some people race might be a factor, I think socio economic status is more of a must have and certainly the federal government should have no say in how communities choose their zoning.

This is that whole "elites" vs commoners thing as I'm certain that these people are not going to be worrying about their neighborhoods having a seedy stick built condo community plopped down across the street from their homes. It's the height of obnoxious invasiveness.
    I had a friend who bought a house in located in a brand new development in Owings Mills in 1995 being horrified when they moved Section 8 housing out there in 1998. We both knew what was coming next. I told him to sell and get the hell out of there.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I had a friend who bought a house in located in a brand new development in Owings Mills in 1995 being horrified when they moved Section 8 housing out there in 1998. We both knew what was coming next. I told him to sell and get the hell out of there.
    That's like every homeowners nightmare. Poor guy. It can shake you to your core when something like that happens because your home is your most significant investment of your life. I'm not really that worried about it where I live tbh. I live in old housing stock and it's pretty built up here. Not classic architecture or sought after area but quiet and solidly middle class in a way that is hard to find now. It's also very safe. We aren't rich enough to attract thieves from outside our community, lol. I know a lot of people that lived/live along the right of way for the ICC and I think when they finally built that road it caused a lot of anguish. You go from a nice undeveloped easement behind your house to a light blocking sound barrier just like that. Those people though were foolish enough to buy on the right of way. Or foolish enough to listen to the realtors saying "oh they'll never build that thing".

Blog Entries

This is exactly why I want to buy like 50+acres somewhere way outside of the major metropolitan hubs. I'm out in the country now, but there are suburban "town centers" going up all around. If it were for these schools being so good and us having young kids, we would have already moved.

Problem with some of those super rural areas is the schools aren't so good.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I want to think the idea is to spread people around so the benes of living near wealth "trickle down" like safer areas and better schools etc..

We talk about how to help poor kids/people in the city... move them to the suburbs. That kind of forces the issue.

We already create housing/zoning to try to accomodate people of all income levels. I know montgomery county does that.

Federally mandated Suburb busting though to achieve a racio-economic balance seems to me like it will be wielded purely politically and is an over-reach.

It will be funny though to see Democratic suburban women in place like Norther Virginia freak out, lol. I think they'll do it in a way to get the districts that vote republican though. OF COURSE it will be done politically based. It will be like gerry mandering except instead of drawing lines to fit people they will move people to achieve a political aim. Disgusting.

Let's face it, that's what this is about. Take those dense blue dots and move them into red or purple areas to make them blue.

Again, disgusting over-reach.

That's like every homeowners nightmare. Poor guy. It can shake you to your core when something like that happens because your home is your most significant investment of your life. I'm not really that worried about it where I live tbh. I live in old housing stock and it's pretty built up here. Not classic architecture or sought after area but quiet and solidly middle class in a way that is hard to find now. It's also very safe. We aren't rich enough to attract thieves from outside our community, lol. I know a lot of people that lived/live along the right of way for the ICC and I think when they finally built that road it caused a lot of anguish. You go from a nice undeveloped easement behind your house to a light blocking sound barrier just like that. Those people though were foolish enough to buy on the right of way. Or foolish enough to listen to the realtors saying "oh they'll never build that thing".
    I feel safe where I am. We are on a peninsula surrounded by water and the school are at capacity. No room for more students and no room for more homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I feel safe where I am. We are on a peninsula surrounded by water and the school are at capacity. No room for more students and no room for more homes.
    Where are you at generally speaking? You a Severna guy?

Where are you at generally speaking? You a Severna guy?
    Arnold

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Aren't you a liberal voting for people that give us this shit?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Aren't you a liberal voting for people that give us this shit?
    Uh. No.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Basically the same deal in Pasadena

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk