Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Court Packing Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Not sure how you see things changing? I don’t see the right winning another national election. The left has figured out how to steal an election and get away with it. Now it is racist to ask for an id to vote, but required to ask for an id to get a required covid shot
    History is the party that just won the presidency loses a bunch of House seats 2 years later. Redistricting after the 2020 census favors the Republicans as they hold more legislatures and governor seats. And trying to change the makeup of the SC along with the other leftist stuff they will try and get through screams a rout is coming.

That all said, if they can jam the court and get 1/10th of their agenda through before the next election will ruin this country.

I hope and pray that Manchin and maybe Sinema can hold things up until then.

These are local elections and Republican districts. They shafted us (the American people) in 6 metro areas in 2020. The rest of the country Trump actually did better (quite a bit) than in 2016 and also better in every demographic. They can manipulate those places all they want but it won't change what happens in the House.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    States will start seceding from the Union. I bet within 8-10 years if voting shenanigans keep happening and the feds keep infringing on individual liberty and state's rights, places like Florida and Texas will say "F-U".
    And I will be moving to one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    And I will be moving to one of them.
    The line will be long...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The line will be long...

Hopefully LA joins in, I got family down there to help me jump the line!

Blog Entries

Do you think Joltin' Joe rmembers saying this. I doubt it. https://twitter.com/standamericanow/...48458415763461

8-10 years from now, Texas and Florida could be liberal mecas as people rush to leave New York and Cali
    Truth

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I think with the border fiasco, the bungling of the vaccine rollout, the disastrous Iran policy, the obscene explosion of the debt and waste of taxpayer money to shore up their political fortunes.... it's safe to say Bidens will go down in history as the worst most corrupt first 100 days of any president in history.... there's that cliche again, lol.

But now with the court packing? Every bad thing we said would happen is happening and you don't have to be nostradamus to have foreseen it because they said they were going to try it.

There will be zero confidence in the supreme court as a deliberative body if they successfully fiddle with it and add 5 liberal justices. None. Kind of like there is no confidence in our elections anymore with the nationwide ballot harvesting/no excuse absentee ballot voting Democrats are pushing.

Neither sword nor purse -- just the power of reason.

The court's credibility comes from the gap, the distance, between its reason and the other branches' politics.

When Justices become jokers, political jokers, then people lose respect for the rulings because they think the Justices are attempting to curry political favor rather than apply law.

Furthermore, people will be incentivized to wait-out rulings, to wait for the next election. Things don't get settled as much as they get stalled and/or undone. A wasteful process...if lucky. If unlucky, wild pendulum swings and all the attendant circumstance: ever more divisive politics because more politicians can now credibly threaten to do or undo more. Slow, steady progress is replaced by the threats of quick bulidups and teardowns.

If worse-than-unlucky -- law is perceived as just a power play. Not so much as a right but as tool, a tool to punish the majority's latest devil.

"Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"
    Last edited by Forgettable1; 04-16-2021 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    History is the party that just won the presidency loses a bunch of House seats 2 years later. Redistricting after the 2020 census favors the Republicans as they hold more legislatures and governor seats. And trying to change the makeup of the SC along with the other leftist stuff they will try and get through screams a rout is coming.

That all said, if they can jam the court and get 1/10th of their agenda through before the next election will ruin this country.

I hope and pray that Manchin and maybe Sinema can hold things up until then.

These are local elections and Republican districts. They shafted us (the American people) in 6 metro areas in 2020. The rest of the country Trump actually did better (quite a bit) than in 2016 and also better in every demographic. They can manipulate those places all they want but it won't change what happens in the House.
    This was true, in the past. But elections don’t matter anymore. We literally watched the dem party bring in boxes of ballots, then kick out the republicans that were supposed to be witnessing the counting.
    The gop follows up by saying, let’s make all voters show ID and the left calls them racist. The poor ignorant blacks play along. They don’t mind politicians running around, claiming the black race is too stupid or poor to find a way to get a free photo ID

The media plays along, because there is no more journalism anymore. We only have state run news. The literally allow the white house to tell the press which questions they are allowed to ask. And no one seems to question this.

Nah, I don’t see any way the gop wins control of the house or senate or White House anytime in the near future.

The other issue is that most dem voters have no idea what packing the court means. I don’t even think the state run media understands. Go to Twitter or social media and almost every dem voters thinks that trump packed the scotus while he was in office.

The other issue is that most dem voters have no idea what packing the court means. I don’t even think the state run media understands. Go to Twitter or social media and almost every dem voters thinks that trump packed the scotus while he was in office.
    Democrats have increasingly become the party of these very cynical Orwellian word games.

They use language deceptively and deliberately to confuse issues. It's another transparently disgusting tactic that is the norm for them now.

"Unpacking the court"
    "Undocumented migrant"
    "Climate Crisis"

Etc..

Is it state run media or media run state? The line is blurry...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Is it state run media or media run state? The line is blurry...

True

Limbaugh used to say that all the time. Do the dems run the media, or does the media run the dems?