View Poll Results: Which outcome will send you into a meltdown?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • No WR selected in the 1st round

1 2.33%
  • No WR selected on Day 1 or Day 2

2 4.65%
  • Fist two picks (27 & 58) are both defensive players

4 9.30%
  • Pick 27 is a FS/CB

2 4.65%
  • All of the Above

2 4.65%
  • None of the Above

32 74.42%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Draft Day Meltdown Poll

Feel free to choose None of the above and post your own meltdown specials.

Re: Draft Day Meltdown Poll

Those are all pretty reasonable outcomes if you ask me.

There are question marks on the back end related to age and injury so if BPA is a defensive back that could be the case. I'm warming up to the idea of drafting the top safety.

"No WR" - if this sends you into a meltdown then be prepared for the meltdown because this is most likely the case. We are a run first offense and that's not going to change any time soon.

"First two are defensive players" - We lost Judon and we're in a conference jam packed with quarterbacks that are ready for war.

And fyi!

"Not drafting simmie cobbs" needs to be an option ;)

Oh, I meltdown regardless of who we pick. I keep telling the board this ahead of time and yet, come draft day, people go ballistic when I start bashing whoever we take in the first.

A while back I noticed a first round trend; when I like a pick, they will inevitably suck. Big fan of Travis Taylor. Not so much of Jamal Lewis. Liked Clayton, hated Reed. Since it's obvious my reaction to a pick determines whether or not they bust out (completely ignoring things like injuries, scheme fit, desire, inherent athletic ability, or the hundreds of other things that will actually affect a player's NFL career) I always bash the pick.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Those are all pretty reasonable outcomes if you ask me.

There are question marks on the back end related to age and injury so if BPA is a defensive back that could be the case. I'm warming up to the idea of drafting the top safety.

"No WR" - if this sends you into a meltdown then be prepared for the meltdown because this is most likely the case. We are a run first offense and that's not going to change any time soon.

"First two are defensive players" - We lost Judon and we're in a conference jam packed with quarterbacks that are ready for war.
    Yeah, that was actually kind of my point really, trying to look for scenarios that make sense (this type of offense doesn't really need another WR early in the Draft, the defense is old, FS/CB could very well be BPA at 27...) yet will get people triggered regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Oh, I meltdown regardless of who we pick. I keep telling the board this ahead of time and yet, come draft day, people go ballistic when I start bashing whoever we take in the first.

A while back I noticed a first round trend; when I like a pick, they will inevitably suck. Big fan of Travis Taylor. Not so much of Jamal Lewis. Liked Clayton, hated Reed. Since it's obvious my reaction to a pick determines whether or not they bust out (completely ignoring things like injuries, scheme fit, desire, inherent athletic ability, or the hundreds of other things that will actually affect a player's NFL career) I always bash the pick.
    Ah yes. You know it's going to be why did we pass on this or that guy right from the start. Buyer's remorse in a way, when looking at the other options available. Only made worse with time, unless you happen to hit on a HoF.

There are scenarios where is definitely be unhappy, but it almost all depends on who else is in the board.

For instance, I absolutely don’t want a CB in the first. However, if Caleb Farley drops to 27, I mean you have to take him imho.

It all depends.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    There are scenarios where is definitely be unhappy, but it almost all depends on who else is in the board.

For instance, I absolutely don’t want a CB in the first. However, if Caleb Farley drops to 27, I mean you have to take him imho.

It all depends.
    I absolutely see your point with this one. CB, only behind QB& RB is about the last position I want to draft, but a top 10 talent with a jacked up back:..

I could probably still talk myself out of it, because as important as CB is, some team would have bitten before us if the back wasn’t a real issue.

Reaching on a WR would piss me off. Bateman I would like, Marshall I would be “ok” with but Toney or Moore or... nahhhh.

Not much else would bother me. Barmore or Moehrig? Cool, BPA. Even “reaching” for an Olineman like a Dickerson, Leatherwood, Mayfield, etc. I could live with that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

It all depends.
    Yep, exactly my point. A run on QBs, OTs, WRs+Pitts and a couple CB and Edge guys and you suddenly find yourself looking squarely at Farley (or Moehrig) as your clear BPA. So you take him. Yet still half the board goes nuts, lol.

Blog Entries

For me it would be what happened in our RSR mock. The Ravens drop from #27 and into the 2nd round for Jalen Mayfield and the #86 pick in round 3 which then bounced around for some more picks. The Ravens aren't so desperate for a 3rd round pick that they need to drop out of round 1 and settle for second tier prospects. I've seen that game before with Sergio Kindle and Courtney Upshaw. It doesn't work out well. That 5th year option is also worth a lot. Imagine if we had taken Lamar with that 1st pick in round 2 instead of the last pick in round 1? There is plenty of 1st round talent that will be available with so many QBs going in round 1. Don't trade out of the round

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

I could probably still talk myself out of it, because as important as CB is, some team would have bitten before us if the back wasn’t a real issue.
    I think Farley will be on the board at 27. Apparently that kind of back problem will inevitably recur again and again for the rest of his career so there's no way I'd risk a 1st on him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think Farley will be on the board at 27. Apparently that kind of back problem will inevitably recur again and again for the rest of his career so there's no way I'd risk a 1st on him.
    Ozzie would never draft guys with back issues. The famous story is that Gronk who had back surgery in college and was off the Ravens board. I don't know if that's the same with EDC but it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    For me it would be what happened in our RSR mock. The Ravens drop from #27 and into the 2nd round for Jalen Mayfield and the #86 pick in round 3 which then bounced around for some more picks. The Ravens aren't so desperate for a 3rd round pick that they need to drop out of round 1 and settle for second tier prospects. I've seen that game before with Sergio Kindle and Courtney Upshaw. It doesn't work out well. That 5th year option is also worth a lot. Imagine if we had taken Lamar with that 1st pick in round 2 instead of the last pick in round 1? There is plenty of 1st round talent that will be available with so many QBs going in round 1. Don't trade out of the round
    Agreed, not only do the Ravens trade back WAY too much for my liking, this board has become so accustomed to it that they cheer for it now!

All these Zeus Trade threads have options of us pick swapping up to 12/13/14 and 90% of the people for it just want to trade back again...

I don’t get it. What part of elite talent does this board want not part of? A team full of JAG+’s doesn’t win you anything... elite players win in the playoffs. Elite players are generally found early in the draft. Good teams rarely get to draft early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk