Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Aaron Donald Accused of Assault

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    While I won't assume that it certainly is a good possibility. The guy may have started something with Donald and gotten his ass kicked for being a massive a-hole.
    He says he bumped into Aaron by accident and that Aaron punched him and then his entourage jumped him. So maybe it was truly an innocent mistake and the guy was just minding his business walking by in a crowded club. I have to assume it was crowded because why else would he be close enough to accidentally bump into Donald. Must not be any covid restrictions at the Boom Boom Room as far as capacity. But even if that's all true and the guy has no fault at all...how do you prove it was Donald's punch that closed the eye and not one of the other guys that allegedly hit him as well?
    My guess is there is no tape because TMZ would have broadcast it by now.

The real question was Aaron wearing a face mask while at the club and beating this mans azz, assault will only get him a slap on the wrist , but no face mask may get him a year suspension from the PC NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    He says he bumped into Aaron by accident and that Aaron punched him and then his entourage jumped him. So maybe it was truly an innocent mistake and the guy was just minding his business walking by in a crowded club. I have to assume it was crowded because why else would he be close enough to accidentally bump into Donald. Must not be any covid restrictions at the Boom Boom Room as far as capacity. But even if that's all true and the guy has no fault at all...how do you prove it was Donald's punch that closed the eye and not one of the other guys that allegedly hit him as well?
    This isn't a movie or a TV show lol. Random guys walks by and bumps into Donald. Then Donald punches him. And not only did Donald punch him, his friends jump him. Thats the most generic unorginal story there is. Haven't we learned anything from Jessie Smollett?

I have seen more obnoxious fans fighting in the stands, fighting outside the arena, throwing stuff on the field, yelling and cussing at players than I have known professional athletes being the same idiots as them. Its way more to the story then this. Im pretty sure you will find out this alleged victims was drunk and was being an ass. Im sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If you're a Pro player (any sport) going to a late-night bar/pub where alcohol is (obviously) served, then you've got to protect yourself. Have an Uber or Lyft account OR better yet have a designated driver friend who will watch your back and try to quell any disturbance, removing you from harm's way. In todays litigious society, if you want to chance what Donald did, good luck to you... Bc
    And don't forget to have a fall guy

- Chris Carter

Additional info

https://www.wtae.com/article/aaron-d...tclub/36121081

Man says he was assaulted by Aaron Donald at South Side nightclub

Updated: 4:38 PM EDT Apr 14, 2021

PITTSBURGH —

A man claims star NFL defensive lineman and Penn Hills native Aaron Donald assaulted him at a nightclub in Pittsburgh's South Side.

Now, the man's attorney, Todd Hollis, wants charges to be filed, claiming De'Vincent Spriggs suffered a broken eye socket, broken nose, concussion and possibly a broken arm.
    Hollis said Spriggs, accidentally bumped into Donald at a nightclub, then Donald allegedly hit Spriggs before he was allegedly hit by others as well.

"There were other people that were part of it but we haven't identified them."

Spriggs was seen walking with Hollis to Pittsburgh Police Zone 3.

The alleged assault happened Saturday into Sunday night at a place Hollis called the Boom Boom Room nightclub.

Hollis did not speak to whether his client defended himself or if attempts were made to contact Donald's attorney.

"This is not an eye for an eye justice. This is an assault. So no manner of money at this point would justify what you see here to Mr. Spriggs," Hollis said.

Hollis said the first step is filing the complaint with police.

Pittsburgh's Action News 4 has reached out to Donald's agents and attorney.

Pittsburgh police said in a blotter post on Wednesday that they were called to UPMC Mercy Hospital on Sunday around 1 p.m. for a man who wanted to report an assault.

Police said officers spoke with a male victim with facial injuries and an injury to one arm who said it happened in a bar somewhere on the South Side.

Pittsburgh Police do not name alleged victims of crime or the accused unless there are charges that have been filed.

Police said the victim told officers he did not know the exact location or time of day it occurred. He told police he accidentally bumped into another male at the bar who confronted him verbally. He says that male and another ended up punching and kicking him. The complainant admits to throwing a bottle of alcohol, but didn’t know if he had hit anyone.

Police said there were no 911 calls for this incident and the investigation was handed over to Zone 3 detectives.

On Wednesday, police said plainclothes detectives from Zone 3 took a report from the complainant and his attorney about an alleged assault they say occurred on the 1700 block of East Carson Street on the weekend.

Police said detectives are reviewing the complaint and are consulting with the District Attorney’s office which will determine whether charges are warranted against the accused individual. They are also reviewing any available video footage.

6. Re: Aaron Donald Accused of Assault

Yeah the Watson mention seems out of place here. That was (allegedly) a pattern of abuse over a long period of time in multiple states. I don't think Aaron is traveling around to different clubs and targeting and fucking regular dudes up just for the thrill of it. This, at least right now, seems like the standard "guy gets drunk and picks the wrong fight" or "guy sees superstar player and starts some shit to try to get paid".

Worst case scenario I can think of is Aaron had relations with the guy's girl, guy confronted Aaron and then Aaron beat his ass...or Aaron is gay and beat up his boyfriend which would make it DV. Both those scenarios seem highly unlikely, so maybe a settlement and a slap on the wrist from NFL...if it can even be proven that it was Aaron and not a member of his group that actually punched the guy.
    How exactly is DV worse than attacking a stranger?

Some guy who doesn't have any relationship to football player gets beat up by football player is somehow better than some person who does have a relationship with football player and can get out of that relationship in order to remove the harm.

Sounds like total BS to me.

This sounds like worse than Watson to me. But we know that the US doesn't work by normal rules now.

7. Re: Aaron Donald Accused of Assault

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    While I won't assume that it certainly is a good possibility. The guy may have started something with Donald and gotten his ass kicked for being a massive a-hole.
    You can't punch somebody for being an asshole. I would suspect there certainly are assholes who see dollar signs when they see a football player and think if they can get the football player to punch them there might be money. But the football player still can't punch them. That's a crime. It's always been a crime.

I'm not sure what Watson did, but no one has told me what that crime was. Didn't really read that story all that closely, but 2021 means you don't have to have the facts to comment on something.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    How exactly is DV worse than attacking a stranger?

Some guy who doesn't have any relationship to football player gets beat up by football player is somehow better than some person who does have a relationship with football player and can get out of that relationship in order to remove the harm.

Sounds like total BS to me.

This sounds like worse than Watson to me. But we know that the US doesn't work by normal rules now.
    I was saying that a DV incident would be looked upon worse than a random fight with a stranger. And it was a complete hypothetical. Was just trying to come up with a scenario that would result in anything more than a slap on the wrist and maybe a settlement.

9. Re: Aaron Donald Accused of Assault

Why was it crowded? Why was there no social distancing? In PA there are still strict rules in music venues saying that you can't bring in the bands you used to be able to bring in and have enough people to make a profit. Not saying this is the same thing as a music venue, but it's same ballpark.

You can't punch somebody for being an asshole. I would suspect there certainly are assholes who see dollar signs when they see a football player and think if they can get the football player to punch them there might be money. But the football player still can't punch them. That's a crime. It's always been a crime.

I'm not sure what Watson did, but no one has told me what that crime was. Didn't really read that story all that closely, but 2021 means you don't have to have the facts to comment on something.
    Depends John, punching someone CAN be a crime but location and intent play a huge role. For instance, if it's a stand your ground state and a person feel threatened and have no route of escape, they can resort to violence and possibly not face criminal charges. Likewise if a person is defending themselves from an attack initiated by the person they punch. Losing the fight doesn't mean you were not the aggressor. It all comes down to what state/jurisdiction it happened and what actions can be proven. Without video or eyewitness accounts proving that Donald punched this guy for no reason, I don't see how this has much traction. I saw on the updated story that the guy admits to throwing a liquor bottle but wasn't sure if anyone was hit...that might open him up to being charged with assault with a weapon based on WHEN he threw the bottle.

11. Re: Aaron Donald Accused of Assault

I was saying that a DV incident would be looked upon worse than a random fight with a stranger. And it was a complete hypothetical. Was just trying to come up with a scenario that would result in anything more than a slap on the wrist and maybe a settlement.
    Why would a DV incident be looked upon worse than a random fight with a stranger?

The stranger doesn't want to be near a dangerous football player, and yet was harmed by a dangerous football player.

In a DV case, the non football player should leave if they don't want to Assume The Risk of being hurt by a dangerous football player. Football players are generally tall heavy, quick, strong and explosive. They have sparq and RAS measurements to show how much damage they could do to normal people. And they're paid to be violent by the NFL. It's not touch football or flag football, its tackle. People who don't want to be potentially hurt by football players can not play football. Should people who don't want to be hurt by football players also be forced to avoid clubs, too, on the off chance that a football player might be there?

People who are married to or dating a football player can not do that if they want to avoid the risk of a football player. Ordinary Joe in bar can't avoid the dangerous football player.

Why was it crowded? Why was there no social distancing? In PA there are still strict rules in music venues saying that you can't bring in the bands you used to be able to bring in and have enough people to make a profit. Not saying this is the same thing as a music venue, but it's same ballpark.
    That was my question...was it crowded? Because if it wasn't and distancing was in place, how did this guy just happen to "accidentally bump into" Aaron Donald?